The optimal play AA

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally, I would have shoved preflop. As strong of a hand as AA might be, you still don't want to play against multiple opponents. If they fold, well, great then, you won a lot of dead money. But if one of them calls, you are a huge favorite.

And as for the situation you described, Its definitely an allin situation on any flop. your Stack to Pot ratio is to high, you are very committed, and cannot ever fold

I do the same. I learned the hard way not to limp AA. A guy can get a two pair and get you out.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad bet

There Isn’t a magic formul. But when you received the 3 -bet, you need to put all in because your stack.
Well, can you believe that the villain called with this.
I did shove the flop.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
with all the investment so far, the only way is All In, no regrets! :deal:

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pair of AA can be killed very easily, for this reason, when I come out I always throw all in, because it is less likely that they will bind you cards by making an initial bet

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is not how he played the preflop, but what to do next. I'd keep betting, hoping my opponent doesn't have a 7.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant imagine what field can it be where so weak players get with you all the way.
But doesn't change the fact that if they re-raise your bet, no matter what are the circumstances considering your stack or in general its 99% all-in all the time.

Z

ZewsX8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The pair of AA can be killed very easily, for this reason, when I come out I always throw all in, because it is less likely that they will bind you cards by making an initial bet

any pair can be bit ollin, that's a coinflip)))

Z

ZewsX8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
but ace has better chances than others

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would have gone all-in after the other raises, you have the best hand. Maybe a few are not willing to risk everything. SO take the pot now which seems to be a nice size or at least it may thin the competition by a player or two.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With aces, I almost always raise. If I play cash and there is an aggressive player at the table, then limp with aces from early position.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like to rush, but AA is always AA, and if I beat regardless of whether it's a Cash or tournament, I risk it, 80% to 20%, for sure

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played badly on the preflop. Your first bet was very good, but when you have AA and get a re-raise from a short player, you have to go all in! You have the strongest and best hand, in this situation everything is very simple! The second player paid well when he called x7! To avoid a bad option for yourself, when you see the river, the second player must be knocked out, using all in and easily get chips when he made a call after the first player and all the chips of the first! In the current situation, you should not invent problems for yourself!

I don't understand why you would wanna deny equity with AA. Like what is gonna happen if you jam all in, basically the guy with 70BB is gonna fold, then you are playing heads up against the 20BB stack.

Raise 20BB good, because it looks like you are trying to bully the deep stack out of the pot, and you have potentially a weakish hand.

Also that way the guy calls, and if he flops a pair, he has to go with his hand, while being a huge under dog.

It's like, if you jam AA in against a flopped pair, vs let's say, a pair of jacks, your equity is about the same. You are huge favourite.

Of course somewhere around sub 10% of the time, your AA will be out flopped, but that's just the nature of the game.

Anyways, point is, I think your assessment is a bit ridiculous lol. OP got unlucky, not much you can do. Guy could easily of had a open ender or slow playing KK QQ, JJ, even 10's. Could be as loose as guy shots too. You never know, people stupid things all the time.

You gotta give them a bit of rope in my opinion. Also, you gotta give action, to get action.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
might as well go all in at this point, you've committed the majority of your chips to the pot so no turning back

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
put 10 bb or more, maybe all in... if i m in front the risk is not mine...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You are UTG with 40BB in a 9ring, MP players are loose, BB too. You have AsAd after the break. you raise 4x, the MP1 with 19BB 3bet x7, MP2 with 70BB calls, everybody folds. You 4bet 20x, they call. Flop is 7s7d9s. Whay would u do after?

does 7x = 7bb? (or 7x the size of previous bet?)

If it's 7bb & 20bb... your sizing pre is poor. You're putting in half your stack & you're only going to have ~ 1/3 pot sized bet left in stack.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't slow play your AA's most of the time is not good.

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually get mad when someone calls 1BB with AA, they should go all in instead.

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i have more than 20 BB i use to raise 10 BB, if i have less than 20 i go all in

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise in the hope that who will 3bet or allin

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just go all in. Too many times I limped in the past and was burned with a garbage two pair.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in his 4bet calling range ak + kk qq ,and very little 7, so we play for the whole stack.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go all in on this flop because I wouldn't give the opponent a 7, but rather what we AK AQ AJ A 10, small pocket maybe ... I would put the hand all in after the flop because I still hold the AA and assume that I'm in front