opinions welcome for this spot...

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess my line of thought is that JJ is not a clear fold, it is 50/50 on which play is superior. And QQ (to me) is not a clear call, it is a crying call. I don't think either play, shoving or folding with either hand is a big mistake. For me, that extra 3% chance of winning with QQ nudges me towards calling. I don't claim to be right...that's just my thought or process on the hand.
I don't disagree with this. Obviously, we have to draw a line between folding and getting it all in somewhere. My point is that it's a relatively marginal decision here; your odds and EV with QQ aren't much better than with JJ, not like the jump we see between KK and QQ. Against QQ+ AK AQ, KK is 63.1% = 17.6% higher than QQ while QQ is only 3% higher than JJ.

So in terms of thought process, if we decide to draw our line between folding JJ and continuing with QQ here, NP. But if folding JJ is mathematically correct, then folding QQ can't be a big mistake even if it's mathematically incorrect.

I have to admit though that at the table, I'd be more tempted to play QQ than the 3% difference warrants.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess for me, if I was at the table. When I put him on a range there is NOTHING in villain's perceived range that JJ is crushing.

if I am holding QQ there is at least 1 hand that I am crushing (AQ)

So, the "feeling" of possibly being ahead is a little stronger with QQ. we shouldn't let our "gut" or emotions dictate too many of our decisions, but in really close spots we shouldn't completely ignore them either.

T

terryg642

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
opinions welcome for this

I'm a micro stakes player ,so take my opinion for what it's worth ,as a general rule I'LL shove JJ when I'm leading out but,when someone puts a big bet into me it's QQ or better ,with QQ you still would have lost,though.

HaNz17

HaNz17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he most important thing was to watch as he played the villain, to get an idea on the table can look at previous hands and try to get an idea, I think the reraise was not very good, it was better to see the flop as it leaves a higher letter as KAQ fold or connect a set to make slow, but just all depends on the opponent, but I think you played the hand well so the allas missed this tends to happen more often.

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I say anything, I probably would have called as well. But when I can play without emotion, I would fold that hand early in a tournament knowing that there is a lot of time left. Perhaps just call his hand and see if you hit a jack or if it's a low flop. My favorite saying is ''Fold to the Gold''. Which to me, is folding 90% of the time to make it ITM.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did right move,better to bust out early with good hand than to play 2hrs and see your AK cracked by deuces
Well played/bad lucj

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New to the table/no villain info
A 10bb raise into 5 limpers
Horrible pot odds

Frankly, I prefer to fold here. It is such a gamble. It wouldn't be hard to find yourself putting in money on a dry flop only to see an over card hit the turn or river while there's a big damn chunk of your stack in the middle. Then the villain can put you to the test with your tourney life on the line.

Then again, you could catch 2 of them with hands and flop a set for the triple up.