Open Skill League

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets skip the bad beats... hahahaja

Flopped top set, got beaten by the flush draw that came in. 140 left, but doubled up quickly after that and managed to steal a pot again so 550 left atm..

Edit: aaand busted AQ against KJ. Out around 6500, hope this doesn't affect my score too much (but it will i guess).

But that's part of the game tho, at least I made the correct play there, better luck next time ^^

Last edited:
C

Christoff Andrianos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys,it's not a difficult goal the 1500 places in PokerSchool Open Skill League.I have finished 5 times at the top90,1 time at the final table(5th) and too many times around position 400-2000!

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could easily be at the top of the league but I can only play between 7 and 10pm weekdays. I work alot

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the open league and Im trying to get some of the prizes as well, but first we got to keep the ranking between 1-2000, and it is very frustating when you have like pocket aces and a random maniac shoves with anything and makes 2 pairs, but on the long run, I believe that playing the freerolls along with the studies propursed for PS and this forum as well, we can build a basic bankroll for SNG as little as 0,50$, and if you dont have that patience, maybe its not the right model for you

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are pocket change for me, if you play a freeroll it is played completely different from a dollar tournament, and different again at 3 dollars and so on. The higher the stakes the better your strategies will work. You can spend a lifetime wasting your funds on low stake maniac poker or up your stakes, take a gamble and play your skin out. If you get high enough for example 1 big tournament cash out will fund your high stakes poker to stay at the top.

P

peowulf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets see, we're almost there. But just for dont losing points for burst out early its a improvemment

That's interesting. Is there an announcement of how it will work? The promotion page on the pokerschoolonline site doesn't give much details.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flopped top set, got beaten by the flush draw that came in. 140 left, but doubled up quickly after that and managed to steal a pot again so 550 left atm..

Edit: aaand busted AQ against KJ. Out around 6500, hope this doesn't affect my score too much (but it will i guess).

But that's part of the game tho, at least I made the correct play there, better luck next time ^^

I've fall on 148th :/ i had QKo raise to 8400, two follow. Flops came Q38diamonds. I shove the rest of my stack (the pot had ~38k i had 24k) and one follow with Ad8x the River come the 4th Diamond and im out. But its ok...

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's interesting. Is there an announcement of how it will work? The promotion page on the pokerschoolonline site doesn't give much details.
Only the 15% better players will score and except for the elementary league, will have a limit of 52 played tourneys on month. And it will count to your score your best 15 tourneys.

P

peowulf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only the 15% better players will score and except for the elementary league, will have a limit of 52 played tourneys on month. And it will count to your score your best 15 tourneys.

Oh, these are good changes. So you'll have to actually poker some poker instead of running down the clock. I'll give it a go next month. Thanks!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are pocket change for me, if you play a freeroll it is played completely different from a dollar tournament, and different again at 3 dollars and so on. The higher the stakes the better your strategies will work. You can spend a lifetime wasting your funds on low stake maniac poker or up your stakes, take a gamble and play your skin out. If you get high enough for example 1 big tournament cash out will fund your high stakes poker to stay at the top.

That's THE way to go broke imo, playing in higher tournaments then your bankroll allows (ofcourse I'm not talking about taking a shot at higher stakes every now and then which is fine ofcourse).

But if you can't beat micro stakes why move up? If they're all maniacs like you say it should be easy to make some cash. Just need to adjust your game accordingly.

And yeah indeed it's pocket change but myself I play for fun. It is nice if I can make money with it and I'm also very serious about improving my game but fun is still my main incentive to play.

I've fall on 148th :/ i had QKo raise to 8400, two follow. Flops came Q38diamonds. I shove the rest of my stack (the pot had ~38k i had 24k) and one follow with Ad8x the River come the 4th Diamond and im out. But its ok...

That can happen, too much money invested of your stack to fold in that spot. Nice finish tho!

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for you, I know I will be a professional player in time

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I can take criticism anyway, no worries. I hope you get where you want to be. Just remember if you want it bad enough you will achieve it

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I can take criticism anyway, no worries. I hope you get where you want to be. Just remember if you want it bad enough you will achieve it

That's a great mindset, that holds up for any field of work imo. It will take you somewhere!

Btw how do you practice/study poker? Because I'm still trying to find a way to improve besides reading books or on fora like CC (and watching the occasional stream). Any advice for that?

J

joshtheking1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the requirements to be in skill poker league never was apart of 1 just curious is worth while or a waste of time?

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the requirements to be in skill poker league never was apart of 1 just curious is worth while or a waste of time?
Its was a monthly ranking... both premier and open skill had a bounty for your position on ranks, deppendind on how much vpps you earned the month before ranking. For premier was 650/6500 (20/160vpps) and to open think its 200/2000.
The 500th better players on open who had earned at least 20vpps are promoted to premier

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the requirements its to be a member From pokerschool (www.intellipoker.com)
But next month will change the structure of the leagues... there is also a very low payout the frerolls but the main goal its the monthly rank

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

From next month on it will also be a good way to earn some cash without having to grind alot. Since only the best 13/15 tournaments count. Only requirement is that you join pokerschoolonline (must be done via the PS client I believe) and then you're good to go.

If you wanna learn more about the league visit this page:

https://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/The-League-Win-free-poker-prizes-every-month

Edit: Oops saw Biops' reply a bit too late. But yeah like he says the main prize is won in the leaderboard (prizes for first place range from 50-3000 USD depending on the league you're in, so yeah that's a lot more than the extremely low 10/20 dollars for each tourney).

Btw from next month on VPP does not play a part at all anymore right? At least not for the amount of money you recieve through the leaderboard, but is the vpp requirement also removed to go to higher leagues?

J

joshtheking1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From next month on it will also be a good way to earn some cash without having to grind alot. Since only the best 13/15 tournaments count. Only requirement is that you join pokerschoolonline (must be done via the PS client I believe) and then you're good to go.

https://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/The-League-Win-free-poker-prizes-every-month

Ty for this info it is much appreciated going to definitely check it out

J

joshtheking1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the requirements its to be a member From pokerschool (www.intellipoker.com)
But next month will change the structure of the leagues... there is also a very low payout the frerolls but the main goal its the monthly rank

i appreciate your help thank you :)

Jhon Lozano

Jhon Lozano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck and lots of patience, sometimes a good game is crushed by a better one and we lose all our chips.

RED137

RED137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you make it in the top 15% of that tournament you should get some part of the pay out at least, or make to pay out worth fighting for, but that's just me.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Edit: Oops saw Biops' reply a bit too late. But yeah like he says the main prize is won in the leaderboard (prizes for first place range from 50-3000 USD depending on the league you're in, so yeah that's a lot more than the extremely low 10/20 dollars for each tourney).

Btw from next month on VPP does not play a part at all anymore right? At least not for the amount of money you recieve through the leaderboard, but is the vpp requirement also removed to go to higher leagues?
No more vpps requirements for leaderbord nor to be promoted... the Masters and university the requirements is to be member From pokerschool and have made at least one deposit on pokerstars

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No more vpps requirements for leaderbord nor to be promoted... the Masters and university the requirements is to be member From pokerschool and have made at least one deposit on pokerstars

Ah alright, that's good to know. Cheers!

I think if you make it in the top 15% of that tournament you should get some part of the pay out at least, or make to pay out worth fighting for, but that's just me.

You do get bonus points for finishing (virtually) ITM I believe. But think they removed it with the new leagues. Plus they also give out big bang tickets if you finish high enough in a couple of tournaments.