Open Skill League

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it really difficult to cash in the Open freerolls. I've played dozens of them, yet only made it to the bubble three times. It makes more sense to play those tournaments if you're fighting for the leaderboard prizes, because the actual tournament prize pool of $10 is laughably tiny and not worth the effort on its own.
I made to the bubble about 20times this month, on about 50tourneys but with lot of effort. Anyway i think its a way to get better on my play, besides the donkbets and badbeats and coolers... in 2/3 last tourneys i drop out with full T with Q against A with Q
And on a Flush draw K9diamonds and i had AA. Went betting strong preflop, blinds was 400/800 open raise from mp1 2400, two limpers, hijack and button. flop AdKs8h bet 2400 hj folds, k9 calls turn Qd bet 4900 call River Xd i burst all in thinking it was An donk russian defending pair of 8.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, you do well having a closed range of hands at the beginning, but remember that it is only at the beginning and at higher levels we will have to act with an open range of hands since if we are close to the prize positions we will have to act for Do not let the blinds take us out of the tournament.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be based on the best 15 tourneys.
And only the 15% better players will score.

Alright cheers mate.

That was the change I was looking forward to the most but couldn't find anything in the description anymore.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them regularly and I am lucky in this moment to be among the best 600 of the League. I think the best strategy is to play very strong hands and not go all in unless we have a hand like AA, KK or QQ, at the beginning of these tournaments many players play all in or go with very bad hands and we can even get eliminated With good hands and this leads us to subtract points in the league and lose positions.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty good action for beginners, although there are enough idiots who shove everything in a row. I used to play regularly several times in the league ... but it takes a lot of time and it's hard to get into money, right now it's converted into an even more complex system ... well Well we'll see what happens.

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars The League-Tournament

I am looking forward to the start of the new pokerstars The Laegue-Tournament.

RED137

RED137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes me to. Do you by any chance know if they are going reset everyone's stats or count them towards the new league?

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it will be an interesting noveshevstvo, the main thing that would not be worse, but it's unlikely the organizers will disappoint us, so time will tell)))

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets see, we're almost there. But just for dont losing points for burst out early its a improvemment

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes me to. Do you by any chance know if they are going reset everyone's stats or count them towards the new league?
Usually dont restart stats... the better 1k players From premier skill will go direct to Masters and university and high school will be filled by sats, premier and open rankings...

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that all start from the beginning, except those who qualified for in advance.There is qualifying each day to that League.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them regularly and I am lucky in this moment to be among the best 600 of the League. I think the best strategy is to play very strong hands and not go all in unless we have a hand like AA, KK or QQ, at the beginning of these tournaments many players play all in or go with very bad hands and we can even get eliminated With good hands and this leads us to subtract points in the league and lose positions.

Early in the month you can play a bit looser but indeed towards the end of the month you should tighten up. However that's going to change from next month on.

Just got my highest finish so far in the OSL, 137th out of 10k, unfortunately lost the flip with 88 against A10, but this should bring me in the top 2000. Hope that is enough to qualify for the high school league :D

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not figure cashes how many times must enter hee to go to a top level
one must be logged in 100 place
then three times in succession must be logged in place 400
I do all day all night you have to play that I can breath ticket above level

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in the month you can play a bit looser but indeed towards the end of the month you should tighten up. However that's going to change from next month on.

Just got my highest finish so far in the OSL, 137th out of 10k, unfortunately lost the flip with 88 against A10, but this should bring me in the top 2000. Hope that is enough to qualify for the high school league :D

Just burst out right now. AQo x ATo. The villain was a russian that was shoving basically any two, winning some and passing chips to table. In about 30hands i saw one value hand... he open raise to 4k, i had about 40k. Then i shove it, i woudnt reraise him and try to steal flop cause i saw him defendind a pocket 3 on a board with 4cards of clubs and one Ace.
Table folds, he calls and open an ATo and i think "yeah im alive and Doubled up" flop AT2 95.
And finished around 140th

RED137

RED137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, question..when I check on Poker School stats, when it says I made it in the money 2 time but didn't make payout, does it mean I made it in the top 15% for that tournament?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just burst out right now. AQo x ATo. The villain was a russian that was shoving basically any two, winning some and passing chips to table. In about 30hands i saw one value hand... he open raise to 4k, i had about 40k. Then i shove it, i woudnt reraise him and try to steal flop cause i saw him defendind a pocket 3 on a board with 4cards of clubs and one Ace.
Table folds, he calls and open an ATo and i think "yeah im alive and Doubled up" flop AT2 95.
And finished around 140th

That's part of the game mate, at least you got a huge amount of points there! Nice one ^^

Now I'm in a doubt tho, atm around position 1500 with 1830 points. Should I continue or will this secure the top 2000 spot?

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes time will tell , but I think will not be worse:)

C

Christoff Andrianos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be like all the other freeroll tourneys...full of cheaters with the Russian players to get almost all the 1st places..lol!

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's part of the game mate, at least you got a huge amount of points there! Nice one ^^

Now I'm in a doubt tho, atm around position 1500 with 1830 points. Should I continue or will this secure the top 2000 spot?
If you could make some more points, i think its better. I was around 1815 on friday but i got a bad streak and fall to 1600. Idk if the tourneys From yersterday were already added.. my goal was to score 1900points this month

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trying hard to include 200 places. but the number of players are too much and invest lot of time. but the next month's league is better and interesting I think

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played open school and reached as far as 1300- something last week and now i lost ranking and currently are at place 1771 and will not play anymore this month unless i fall below those 2000 that will get in the monthly money. so i recommend you to do the same when you reached top 2000. if you are close to a higer pay out i would recommend you to keep playing (carefully) to get there.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not usually play this kind of tournaments for my concept is a waste of time the system that handles elimination is not to my liking since there are many players and some go to an all in without having anything or hands trash and end up winning the hand With a preflop taken from film ... not played well to poker since these little fish throw or go all in for fun and your strong hand ends with a "no go" so I bored this type of game.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you could make some more points, i think its better. I was around 1815 on friday but i got a bad streak and fall to 1600. Idk if the tourneys From yersterday were already added.. my goal was to score 1900points this month

Am going for one more good finish then and then I'm quitting. Fingers crossed :D

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played open school and reached as far as 1300- something last week and now i lost ranking and currently are at place 1771 and will not play anymore this month unless i fall below those 2000 that will get in the monthly money. so i recommend you to do the same when you reached top 2000. if you are close to a higer pay out i would recommend you to keep playing (carefully) to get there.
I should've done this....