Open Skill League

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, its been a while since i´ve posted here and to re-start i´ve decided to talk about the pokerschool from PS tourneys.
Im a member from intellipoker for almost 3 years by now, but i´ve never get a valuabloe ammount of tourneys from there. this month i´ve been able to play almost 20 by now, and also a lot of bubbles (5 total).

right now my goal is to finish the month between 1500-2000 oin general ranking and with the actual ranking, im achieving this goal.

do you play these tourneys? have some tips?

i´m playing with a very little range, truly a pretty more locked range than my usual, playing safest as possible and until now seems to be a good strategy and for the moment the next checkpoint is to reach the paid positions in open skill.

That´s it.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your strategy is good, I wish you good luck and rich your goal!!!!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far that might be a good strategy since you lose points if you bust out earlier in the tournaments.

Next month that will be different tho since they only count 15 out of the max 52 tournaments you played. So you can play a bit looser for the rankings then.

And btw 5 bubbles out of 20 is really nice bro, congrats!

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far that might be a good strategy since you lose points if you bust out earlier in the tournaments.

Next month that will be different tho since they only count 15 out of the max 52 tournaments you played. So you can play a bit looser for the rankings then.

And btw 5 bubbles out of 20 is really nice bro, congrats!

Yeah, thats why im regularly playing, wishing that i reach at least the high school league... idk if ill have bankroll to play the qualifiers tourneys that starts next week.
And i added some side quest for open skill, 4tournaments straight on 20% or better. Right now im with 1723 points.. lets see by the weekend. Tks guys

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, thats why im regularly playing, wishing that i reach at least the high school league... idk if ill have bankroll to play the qualifiers tourneys that starts next week.
And i added some side quest for open skill, 4tournaments straight on 20% or better. Right now im with 1723 points.. lets see by the weekend. Tks guys

Yeah same here, want to get that high school as well. But don't have the time for it unfortunately. Am at 1589 myself now.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open league is a monthly strategy tournament.
A regularity rally .... the higher your score, the more dficil score.

In the first tournaments of the month you do not even have to risk having early drops, getting 3k of chips, you can stay away and collect points.

In this way and seeing the history of other months, with 2100 points you get a top500.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, i tried to be a little bit more agressive and didnt work. Dont matter the stage of open skill tournament, im starting to think that is better play as if it still on initial lvls, the last five tournaments that i tried to mix styles of playing i ended up bursting out early, losing points or at the best making 2-3 points.
Some of my fall were mistakes that now im aware and will avoid repeating.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll so it is very difficult to bubble érni.Csak a strong bull playing cards and chips will reach 3,000 if you wait for the bubbles. Do not strive to win but to compete eggy salt spreaders scoring touch shell.Good luck

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you ever won the prize from Open skill league?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you ever won the prize from Open skill league?

I did not, but haven't grinded them enough for it I guess. Am going for it next month tho!

Talking about the new leagues, does anyone know around which places in the open skill league we qualify for high school and university next month?

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not, but haven't grinded them enough for it I guess. Am going for it next month tho!

Talking about the new leagues, does anyone know around which places in the open skill league we qualify for high school and university next month?

I read about that new league, the one thing is if your VPP 20+ then you have more prize and benefit as I understood

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember the very first time i noticed those freerolls at PS, especially the fact that over 2000 players are fighting for 10$ prize pool i was like this:
2qARR.jpg

But then i noticed there are some rankings and stuff, where you could eventually earn much more money. So i tried them out. Again and again. It seemed to me honestly still pretty much like a waste of time, cause although i gained some points from that over time, but still not enough for premiere league. And it's kinda frustrating feeling, when you are playing for that cheap prize pool quite a long-lasting MTT. And i'm still not sure what do you do after you have used all pokerschooltickets?
However i think such promo is not really fits me. I mean playing for pennies, hoping you get enough points to be able to play for pennies again and eventually hit some pennies cash out in rankings. No ty, even jackpotfreerolls.com offer better structure to me. And that without any silly tickets wich are running out.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with the transition to new leagues ,after the qualifiers which started today if there are spots open ,they will fill the highschool league with the top open league finishers,, i think
how many entriesi am not sure of will be transfered

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read about that new league, the one thing is if your VPP 20+ then you have more prize and benefit as I understood

That was with the old set up, now the amount of VPP doesn't matter anymore.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah. Masters and university will be filled by qualifiers and premier skill, the remaining spots by open skill ranking.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also try to play only strong hand, but from next month ligue will have changes. And which place you will take this month, such tickets you'll get.(University, Muster, etc..)

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Btw before they said only 13 tournaments would count for your score in High school, university and masters league out of max 52. But now I can only find something about the 52 tourneys cap.

Does anyone know if the score still is based on 13 tournaments? Or did they just completely remove that.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read yesterday that 15 best result tournaments will count.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the "elementary" league, players are able to play an unlimited amount of tournaments with their best 15 results counting at the end of the month

in the "high school, university and masters" levels this limit will be 52 tournaments per month, and from those 52 tournaments only the best 15 results count towards their leaderboard score

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not free it is paid and come to play in it
better to play tournaments or cash games

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way is to be tight at the beginning and after to play tight agressive but also need a lot of luck cuz of the donks who play

N

Nuzarkhem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it really difficult to cash in the Open freerolls. I've played dozens of them, yet only made it to the bubble three times. It makes more sense to play those tournaments if you're fighting for the leaderboard prizes, because the actual tournament prize pool of $10 is laughably tiny and not worth the effort on its own.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them constantly, it's difficult because there is a large field of players, there are strong rebuyas and there are just maniacs who shove everything in a row and can fly out at the very beginning of the game and lose points ... happened to fly out with AA in the first hand against Q2 it was like that Humiliating)))

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the "elementary" league, players are able to play an unlimited amount of tournaments with their best 15 results counting at the end of the month

in the "high school, university and masters" levels this limit will be 52 tournaments per month, and from those 52 tournaments only the best 15 results count towards their leaderboard score

Yeah that's what it used to be now it says:

In Elementary level you can play in as many tournaments as you wish however only your top 15 results of the month will be considered for the leader-board for that month.
In all other levels of The League (High School, University & Masters) the monthly cap of tournaments that you are able to play is 52."

https://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/The-Poker-League-Scores-Leaderboard-and-Tickets

it is not free it is paid and come to play in it
better to play tournaments or cash games

What do you mean mate? Indeed they got paid qualifiers but you can also qualify for free if you start in elementary.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Btw before they said only 13 tournaments would count for your score in High school, university and masters league out of max 52. But now I can only find something about the 52 tourneys cap.

Does anyone know if the score still is based on 13 tournaments? Or did they just completely remove that.
It will be based on the best 15 tourneys.
And only the 15% better players will score.