Online tournament breaks

O

oldkid91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars every hour, the break is only 5 minutes, I think a break of 10 minutes would be better for the players to take a breath. What is your opinion?
I think it`s ok like that first 3-4 hours
First break after ITM can be 10 minutes . i think it`s better to relax little bit your mind
Before to start FT one break 15 minute and after that every hours 5 min
Before HU one short break 5 min

C

coolbrees 9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
breaks

i think thats a great idea especially for players, however i doubt sites will do that they want the tournament over faster. but hey we can wish :deal:. lol

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars every hour, the break is only 5 minutes, I think a break of 10 minutes would be better for the players to take a breath. What is your opinion?
It's better than longer else the tournament will last waaaayyyy:rolleyes: longer

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing stopping you from taking longer. If the blinds are low why not?

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 5 minutes, it's usually just enough time to run to the bathroom and grab some more coffee.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In my opinoin 5 mins every hour is enough...mtts are long enough if u will make some money... ;)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the breaks are good how they are. 5 minutes breaks are long enough and if you need more than 5 minutes you can sit out a few hands until you are ready to rejoin.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never had an issue with 5 minutes on the hour. I think 10 minutes is too long, at that point, you're losing out on roughly 15% of your potential hands per hour and, tournaments would take 15, 20, or even 25 minutes longer than they already do.

If you're able to, GG poker has a chess timer, where each player is given substantially more time to use throughout the tournament. If you need the extra time I'd recommend you try them.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with most of the comments - a 5-minute break is enough, but maybe put a 10-minute break every 3 hours, ar after the bubble is burst, or before the final table (enough time to do some background on your opponents, tuck in kids too bed.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a problem, because sometimes there is a need of a big break, but the 5 minutes are not enough. Other times the break is stoping the good course and can't wait to restart the game! So the five minutes are a middle ground solution!