DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
pokerstars every hour, the break is only 5 minutes, I think a break of 10 minutes would be better for the players to take a breath. What is your opinion?

tournaments go on so long as it is, i'm not sure how i feel about this one..
maybe every 3 hours or so, a 10 min break? we do have the option to sit out if you absolutely can't be at the table for some reason. although, that's when those pocket aces are sure to show up eh? ;)
edit: it's funny.. i posted before reading other's posts.. (my bad) and it seems every 3 hours or so is a popular idea. maybe someone could put a bug in their ear and get some changes..

Last edited:
maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this good rest 5 minutes. Perhaps you advanced stages or reaching the bubble could stretch the rest.

BluWynd

BluWynd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of breaks happen if you play professionally?

I find 5minutes to work out nicely.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal opinion is that in the first 2 hours of play 5 minutes pause is enough. As tourney go in the more deep phase then I think adding 10 min brake would be great. And maybe at the final table before play start to have 15 min of break, so players would prepare physical for the final table and take deep breath.
1. First 2 brakes = 5 min
2. Third and remaining brakes = 10 min
3. Before "Final table" begin = 15 min
4. During "Final table" again = 10 min on every hour.
This is my opinion as my personally I've had phone call's that I can't reject, bathroom needs in some moments which you can't prolong, moments in deep phase when you feel exhausted and you need more the 5 min to pick yourself up.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me 5 minutes is long enough .. I usually have prepared well enough food / family /other distractions set aside ….. but I think after 3 or 4 hours in they should slip in one that is a little longer just to change the picture a little bit …. to be honest even a five minute break will have me zoning sometimes if I'm ready to get back to the play … but I understand others feel differently … but I'm not sure about the feasibility for longer breaks either, as in how far do you want your tournament to be interrupted .. I would rather go with no longer than is needed …..

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would prefer a 10 minute break in online poker. And for tournaments with a game duration of 8 hours or more: 1 time in 3-4 hours - 15-20 minutes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the issue with asymetric breaks is, that they wont always fit my situation. Sure if I have been playing for 3-4 hours already, I would not mind to rest my head for 10-15 minutes. But maybe I just started 40 minutes ago, and then a long break will be annoying. For this reason I am also not a fan of the 18 man SnGs on pokerstars, which have a break every two hours. That is just awkward and kind of sitting between two chairs.

Sure it could be made, so that the individual tournament had a longer break after 3 or 4 hours. Few people would probably mind that, but its only a good solution for those, who limit themselfes to one tournament at the time. If my other three tournaments are still running, its completely useless, than one of them is on break.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, for long tournaments 5 minutes is really small. But it might be difficult to synchronize if one is playing others at the moment.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online tournamen breaks

I think the breaks online could be a little longer. In my opinion.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

The most optimal break in online tournaments should be 10 minutes. I think few players have time to drink a cup of coffee, smoke and go to the toilet in 5 minutes.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree with you, the 5 minute break is very fast. Perhaps an interval of 8 to 10 minutes is better.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am completely satisfied with a 5-minute break (sometimes it is even very much)! a break of 10 minutes may occur in multi-hour tournaments after 3-4 hours of play! but on the other hand: you have a stack of 2 BB, and then a break, and even 10 minutes!! annoying terribly)))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting too that 888 has 6 minute breaks, I didn't know that :)

On 888 Poker no more hands are dealt at 6 minutes to the hour, but already dealt hands still need to be finished. And then on the hour, 6 minutes later, play resume in all tournaments simultaneously. So if you are actually involved in the last hand, you get less than 6 minutes, especially if it goes all the way to the river. On PokerStars the break begin, when hands on all tables are finished, so most players actually get more than 5 minutes. But if you play multible tournaments, then play dont resume at the same time, so for me the system on 888 Poker is better :)

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A five minute break is just right. 10 minutes is too long, and there will be more AFK players.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think PokerStars is very far from a really hard and difficult job :) 5 or 7 minutes is a really good pause to walk around the house, stretch your muscles and quickly remember your mistakes at the table :) no problem to skip 1 or 2 hands after a pause when you are delayed. 10 minutes can be bad when you're playing at an inconvenient time. Late at night or early in the morning, sitting and waiting for the game to resume for a long time can play bad for you.

A small pause allows you to constantly be at the level of the game and not fall out for a long time when you play a long tournament.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, not in 5 minutes you can do so much.))))

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is more than enough time to go and get something to drink, go to the bathroom or just to clear your head a bit...

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is plenty of time I think

The response to online tournament breaks I think 5 minutes is plenty of time and I really don't remember breaks being longer than 5 minutes maybe in PokerStars hating when they had the world cup they would have a dinner break that lasts an hour I remember but I never played in the term but I saw it on their thing they would have one but other than that it's always been five minutes that's what I started out as it still is that like that to this day and that I don't know it's going to change anytime soon.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot one other thing that's also a change as far as the brakes depending on the site most of the brakes are taking over 5 minutes before the hour regardless of when the tournament starts partially to me I think you should have to play an entire hour and then you could take the 5 minute break or maybe even the 10 minutes they have it that's what I think anyways other than that just okay with me.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Good
If many times a 10 minute break is necessary, to be able to go to the bathroom and find a couple of beers!

R

Ramdes010

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like every hour 5 minutes break. i do a little stretch and smoke a sigaret

W

wimpyfish1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think 5 min. is fine, some tourneys ho really long and adding 5 min per hour jus makes things longer.
Imho

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that a 5-minute break in tournaments is necessary,it will help players on long tournaments to take a breath, make a cup of tea or coffee and smoke. And this is normal.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like 5 minutes is ok. It is enough time to pee or make a quick sandwich.

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like 5 minutes is ok. It is enough time to pee or make a quick sandwich.
I agree with you. Especially about peeing:D. Hahaha lol.:laugh:

Life is a game , play beautiful