darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello guys, I've saw some posts about spin & go but not yet one about spin & go Omaha.

Do you play this type? Someone have some tips or strategy for it??

Thanks!!

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also wondering if they are beatable. I think you will need a big sample to say they are beatable or not. But it is a interesting question.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The main question here is - where you can play Omaha spins??? I don't know any room I guess

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I am also wondering if they are beatable. I think you will need a big sample to say they are beatable or not. But it is a interesting question.
From my experience a certain amount of aggression is needed . Not too much ,you don't want to look reckless. But If you show constant mild aggression and be happy about the small pots, at some point the opponent snaps and plays a mediocre hand like a premium. That's when you get the rest of his chips.
I'm only talking about Spin&gos. Cash Game is a different story.
I think it's different for everyone but the most successful bluffes I did where mostly PLO

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to reduce the level of the luck in poker games, so that's why I started to play other variants than poker, especially recently.

To my experiences if we are talking about Omaha, only Omaha Hi/lo's are working, in the structure as Fix limit and Pot limit. The other set-ups to this game are involving bigger luck-factors.

I've never played Omaha spin, but not intent to do. Because of the 3-max and the same amount of BB's and their levels, I do believe its very close to a Holdem Spin once you're getting deeper in playing them.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Pokerstars offers them from 1$ to 100$ buyin
aaah haha lol, I just realized that I have a filter on spins :D:D:D, that's why I didn't see them.

As for the question, I think that you may play Omaha spins just like NLH, but the question is about will it gain profits for you. If you are able to win moeny, then loose, then it's reasonable...But I agree that spins have more dispertion, then cash or tournaments and this formats suits you better, then I don't see any problems..

You can try to play them and then tell us your results :)

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
aaah haha lol, I just realized that I have a filter on spins :D:D:D, that's why I didn't see them.

As for the question, I think that you may play Omaha spins just like NLH, but the question is about will it gain profits for you. If you are able to win moeny, then loose, then it's reasonable...But I agree that spins have more dispertion, then cash or tournaments and this formats suits you better, then I don't see any problems..

You can try to play them and then tell us your results :)
In my experience well timed , mild but more or less constant aggression is the key.
At some point your opponent will lose patience and you get the rest of his chips if it is well timed ;)

Won loads of Omaha Spins that way

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I LOVE this mode.

Well, PLO players know the absurd variance we have in this type of game.
Spin&gold in particular is also a spot with a lot of variance.

Bearing that in mind, it's a fast game with possible quick returns.
Every day I play a game, and I play until I lose the first one, because when that happens I win $1 in freebet (sports).

About strategy, I believe the main tips as always would be to select good hands and play in position.
I've already won more than 10 in a row in this mode... I believe it's rare but I was really playing as if they were the games of life.

O

optikdave

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's just save time and let me send you my $. Cash games are my downfall. I can hold my own in a sit n go or an Omaha mtt.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Let's just save time and let me send you my $. Cash games are my downfall. I can hold my own in a sit n go or an Omaha mtt.
I'm in, let's say 40% of winnings for you`? :ROFLMAO:

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, this strategy is great. I used to do it a lot in NLH spin, and I've won some buyins at this mode. But now I've started to play omaha spin and trying to apply this game too, but there is still a lot to learn mainly about the ranges open raise and 3 bet pre flop.

Other important thing to pay attention is to identify the type of player are against you and adapt your game to them
From my experience a certain amount of aggression is needed . Not too much ,you don't want to look reckless. But If you show constant mild aggression and be happy about the small pots, at some point the opponent snaps and plays a mediocre hand like a premium. That's when you get the rest of his chips.
I'm only talking about Spin&gos. Cash Game is a different story.
I think it's different for everyone but the most successful bluffes I did where mostly PLO