Normal tournament, turbo or hyper turbo. Which do you prefer?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I prefer longer levels as it let my skill level give me the best chance of winning. This being said I dont mind Turbos as time constraints do make it hard to play the ones I prefer every day due to Kids and work. Hyper turbos are a game I wont play and I dont play them as they are frankly no fun.

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normal tournament i prefer to take my time

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker I liked to play the regular and slow ones, it was easier to me and I could play a tournament for long hours without losing my energy, especially sit and gos, now I just can't play regular speed sit and gos anymore it's so boring for me

Now I prefer turbo speed, they get to the money earlier, the variance is equal for everyone, I have a decent notion of ranges and all of that makes it easier to play them and, of course, I prefer to play a game that ends faster.

Hyper-turbos I love to play too but only for fun and sometimes I add one or two to my grind sesh

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the faster ones too, but from time to time a slow tournament with regulars is welcome :)

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prefer the regular format, hate turbo's you barely play a hand get blinded out, gets to a stage when you get any pocket pair or big Ace and have to shove with it, turbo's for me are based on pure luck

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the speed of the tournament dictates how many hands you will be albe to play if you play more hands you will have more chances to play your A game and teorically if you are the better player you will win more than lose.

I preffer normal speed even though I cant be the best player I know that I will be expose in more situations and learn more about the game playing this kind of tournaments..

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the more faster the harder to play in my own opinion. In other hand very slow tournaments are also kind boring and its hard to stay focused on the long range. Thats why I prefer normal speed tournaments

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, the ideal is to start the session with tournaments with normal speed, and at the end of the session open turbo and hyper turbo tournaments.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normal, and I really don't like to play hyper-turbo tournaments.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like turbo and hyper tournaments more than all turbo, my play adapts more to that speed than to normal or regular ones

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper-turbos are a big lottery but they are fun when I'm burned out.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like all of them, so you can learn different strategies.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on tourney type, stakes.

Normal, slow (10-20 min blinds) I prefer for the higher reg costs, what is for me the medium, low stakes.

Turbo (5-8 min blinds) for micro tourneys, maybe low stakes under 10$ reg and satellites + some 6 max tourney and PLO what i rarely play

Hyper, only for micros and cheap satellites.

I do not get it, some sites have satellites, even in very micro levels with slow structure 15-20 min blinds, and i really would play plenty of those, but not in this structure, sitting in a sat for 5-6 hours for a 10-30$ ticket, sometimes, even just for the next level of sat entry... and next to that they don't have similar sats in normal or turbo structures... strange...

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The normal ones are better for me, not so stressful

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo because we have more chances for win, with hyper turbo game ends so quick

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on ACR. I prefer hyper turbos for SnGs, and regular turbos for on demand MTTs. For me there is still enough play in each of these to give me the edge I need skill wise, while also being quick enough that I don’t have to commit a lot of time.

For MTTs I prefer normal speed but I like the ones that are 2hr late registration and 8-10min blinds. I don’t like playing an MTT for 5+ hours, but I find that the 8-10 min blinds give me enough play time and allow me not to stay up all night as well!

Estrategico

Estrategico

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good night,
Well I prefer the turbo. After more patience is worked, hardly, players who play hyper, have control to play a trajectory of 20 hours for example. Then it is the tip. Hugs :D:D:D

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I like turbo tournaments better, they are more interesting, turbos tournaments are faster, although normal tournaments put your patience at stake, and your skills, in terms of hyper turbo tournaments they are a bingo I prefer spingo.

If you lose, don't get frustrated , understand, you did the best you could ...
png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAAngNWGAAAAF0lEQVR42mM8XM9AFGAcVTiqcFQhCAAAUfwZPaO0fFQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

att: el_soma77
png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAAngNWGAAAAF0lEQVR42mM8XM9AFGAcVTiqcFQhCAAAUfwZPaO0fFQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing poker I liked to play the regular and slow ones, it was easier to me and I could play a tournament for long hours without losing my energy, especially sit and gos, now I just can't play regular speed sit and gos anymore it's so boring for me

Now I prefer turbo speed, they get to the money earlier, the variance is equal for everyone, I have a decent notion of ranges and all of that makes it easier to play them and, of course, I prefer to play a game that ends faster.

Hyper-turbos I love to play too but only for fun and sometimes I add one or two to my grind sesh

Hehehehe,
We went through the same experience. I think like that too! GL...:cool::cool:

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular MTTs, I like to go to late registration in tournaments. I also play turbo, I rarely play hyper turbo - the blinds increase too quickly, the variance is high.

Hitmanshoot

Hitmanshoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer normal tournament's or deep stackes...which u have possibilities to play a normal level if u re not a pro.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play regular. I like to play slow, get to know other players.
Also I'm playing for fun as a hobby so I want to relax and play for a few hours I don't want speed and stressing.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that everything depends on the goals that I pursue, if you achieve the best result, then of course the usual one, where there is enough time to analyze everything and play with really good hands, if you just spend time and experience the drive, then of course hyper-turbo.