• Total voters
venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I currently only play on pokerstars, as there are no free games left, I have been playing the cheapest possible satellites.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I currently only play on PokerStars, as there are no free games left, I have been playing the cheapest possible satellites.
Seems like there are still free hyperturbo satellites at least in some markets. And as for poker sites offering freerolls satellites rather than freerolls with cash prices, that actually makes a lot of the sense. Because in that way at least the winners are forced to put the money into regular games, which will then become softer and perhaps attract more players, who pay the buyin themselfes.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
WHEN ALL SITES will not have any freerolls ($0 buy-in with rewards), would you play microstakes (buy-in of up to $25), or just "play money" or "token" games for fun, or perhaps quit poker?
There are free tournaments, you just need to catch them (careful and smart players will always get what they want)!

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I have played, I am playing and will continue to play! )

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I'm going to play micro.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
WHEN ALL SITES will not have any freerolls ($0 buy-in with rewards), would you play microstakes (buy-in of up to $25), or just "play money" or "token" games for fun, or perhaps quit poker?
If I were a freeroll player, gathering some few winnings, I'll definitely start playing the lowest buy in games.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Will see but probably i will sometimes deposit 20 or 25$ and play but i will miss freeroll for sure....

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that then only real poker fans will remain.:)

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always intend to play but it seems it would be less often. I played everyday.
So far this year pokerstars has made less money from me. 888 has made more money from me. This is thanks to freerolls getting me to look at other small cost games.
I am contemplating removing my money from pokerstars and putting in as/if and when needed. (For interesting bonus games and events).
Stopping freerolls will end most daily players. With most becoming weekly or monthly players. Over the long term maybe even losing that enthusiasm that kept you playing.
So i vote to play microstakes but how many of us would be attached to it to the same degree if they were all gone.
I have limited funds as life isn't cheap.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stopping freerolls will end most daily players. With most becoming weekly or monthly players.
Thats maybe true for freeroll only players and stars could probably not care less about them since they dont pay any rake and only use the site as their private home game club.

Not one serious player will stop playing on a site on a daily basis only because they are no more offering freerolls. lol.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No more freerolls! Hm, it's a Great Thought! Remain only to do this! Let's Go!

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
live... cash on line... depends on bank roll

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to live with my current bankroll, but I don't think this situation will happen (I hope at least...lol).

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some time ago the ACR carried out an interesting experiment. They held freerolls with a buyback of $2.20. These freerolls were guaranteed for $3500 but due to the buyback, they reached 12k and even 15k. In other words, they were very profitable. Even with the first entry being free.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Seriously going to take my money out of pokerstars.
I dont get interest for it being in there like i do from my banking and savings accounts. They make alot money from our money through interest for it being left with them in their bank accounts.
I thought the freerolls were a sort of compensation for the wealth they gain from interest toward the money we store with them in their accounts.
They don't just make money from each game. That is just one of the ways and tends to be the main way of covering game expenses.
The interest they make on their accounts is all profit.
If i am not going to be rewarded for having some money in a different 'banking' account with them. Then i will keep this account with minimal value in it and input minimal only as and when i intend to play.
Might give it to 888.
Keeping my account less that $10. Though this will make me think a bit more before committing to a game.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello it's a shame that the freerolls are over I will continue to play in microlimits

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think things are not that bad now with the freerolls on replay rather than pokerstars because the bronze ones do not have thousands of entrants and the people playing them are actual cardschat members

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think things are not that bad now with the freerolls on replay rather than pokerstars because the bronze ones do not have thousands of entrants and the people playing them are actual cardschat members
The OP is actually hypothetical, WHEN ALL SITES will not have any freerolls ($0 buy-in with rewards), that is including CC not giving freerolls (with rewards) in Replay. What would you do?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some time ago the ACR carried out an interesting experiment. They held freerolls with a buyback of $2.20. These freerolls were guaranteed for $3500 but due to the buyback, they reached 12k and even 15k. In other words, they were very profitable. Even with the first entry being free.
For ACR to make money from this format, more than 90% of the entries had to be reentries, and that was far from the case. Maybe 50% were reentries, which mean, that players only contributed $6.600 to a $12.000 price pool leaving ACR with a $5.400 deficit. Plus there was a price for knocking out the streamer. So as all other promotions this cost the site money, which they might or might not have made back by attracting more players to their other games. Most likely Twitch also paid part of the cost of this promotion in the hope of getting more people watching streams there.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I started by Playing Poker games on-line for Points on Pogo.com, Making money from the game came a lot later on, but only when I found out you could win real cash for Free!
this is how I started playing poker online too. My wife & her parents had Pogo accounts and invited me to play. I played some poker on her account & won her more tokens and faster than she'd ever accumulated them before. She started playing, she got hooked. And then we both signed up online.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play microstakes now, so the freerolls aren't too much of a loss. You don't get too many 'all in every other hand ' players either.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
haha I don't think I had ever thought about this, I play more freerolls than buy-in tournaments, yes it is true that I have played buy-in tournaments, but believe it or not, all the tournaments I have played have been because I have won my entry through a satellite freeroll, I think it would be difficult for me to decide what to do

Freeroll Passwords