New bad habit of calling all hands since i stopped drinking and playing?

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should take a step back from the table, perhaps read a poker book. Reflect what you read to your poker game. This is what I do, time away from the table and reading about strategy helped a lot.

P

PeteyPablo3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we need to fight again fight of course it is better to play without alcohol - more thoughts

U

Urii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all as they say great poker players no to alcohol ,and winning all this a good strategy the ability to fold even strong hand only to reach the goal ,this is important and monitoring of playing at the table ))

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is not the worst thing that is waiting for you, be patient if you want to understand about poker, it's all pass, then look at your strategy, learn it well, do not be afraid of failure

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys

In a serious attempt to improve my poker game after watching pokerstars videos and reading up on strategy sessions, I stopped drinking during games and tried to focus by paying attention to every hand.

Now I end up calling every hand and I'm usually short stacked very early in the game, I then have to focus twice as hard to get to bank to my initial chip stack.

I seem to call right until the river and then realize it was a bad idea to call in the first place, then I fold instead of going "all in". This usually happens in the first 5 minutes of any tournament:( Because of this i can't even play simple Sit and go's anymore.

Advice to resolve this? It seems I have made my game worse by trying to improve it???

Rishlin

Read Harington o Holdeme will help to rethink your game. And I'd add , play 0,10$ Sit&Go many hands. The more experience the better.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands