Never give up as long as you have at least one chip...

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Once I entered ITM with 1.5BBs, and I finished in the second position. One of my 5 biggest cashes for sure.
Edit: this is the thread of the comeback 😊

Last edited:
hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This makes sense if you bubble, a lot of times I've just passed very good cards with a stack of less than one BB because it gives you a better chance of beating someone and getting into the prize pool, but if it's early or mid tournament then you'll have zero chance of achieving anything in the tournament

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It happened to me many times
When I'm on the verge of leaving, a suitable hand comes to bring me back to the game

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
That's right, when you have a small number of chips left or you've lost a large number of chips, you shouldn't go all-in in the next hand with either hand, just wait for a little strong hand and try to win because in poker it's easy to be first again from last place

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Once I entered ITM with 1.5BBs, and I finished in the second position. One of my 5 biggest cashes for sure.
Edit: this is the thread of the comeback 😊
I had a similar experience just under a year ago playing live at South Point. It was by no means a win, big or not, but it was definitely my smallest loss and more importantly, probably the best game I've ever played.

It was a $60 tourney with a field of 227 players. Not too far into it I was knocked out and re-entered for another $60. The tournament began at 11am and I'd ordered a grapefruit juice which is my usual for starting off a morning tournament. That was the last drink I would order until I was finally eliminated around 4:30pm. I didn't order another because I didn't think that I'd be there when the waitress returned.

The payouts began at 30, and when the field shrank to around 70 players, I had at the most only four or five big blinds. So I waited and waited, getting in with a few good hands that luckily won and did hung in there until I had one or two big blinds. I ended up 25th and won $82, which meant that I only lost $32. Patience, with a little luck added in, had paid off. :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Psychology is very important in poker. If you have an advantage in levels of thinking over your opponent, that is, an understanding of what your opponent is thinking about and how he thinks, you can not only be one step ahead, but even manipulate his further actions.I think everyone has their own methods of dealing with streaks and failures. For me personally, taking a break from the game and moving down to a lower limit has always had a positive effect, because it becomes easier to play and you quickly regain confidence in your own abilities before returning to high stakes.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Previously, if I bet and lost the entire bankroll, then the next hand would immediately go all-in... Now I had a lot of losses if I entered the prizes with nothing...
Poker is definitely not a game of bingo :)
In order to be successful, you must clearly know the reason for each of your decisions. The poker game includes elements of strategy, tactics and clear, understandable and consistent systematic actions.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
You need to find balance, you shouldn't go all in with every hand with 4BB, but you shouldn't wait for strong hand either.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
here the strategy depends on the stage of the tournament, if it's an early stage and I have less than 10 BB left, I'd better try my luck with almost any card and if it doesn't work out, I'll reenter the tournament, if the prize zone is already approaching, I'll try to reach the prizes or wait for a strong hand

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play live league. I was down to just 300 chips and managed to finish 2nd that week.

A chip and a chair, the others call it.....

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That's right, you don't have to give up, it's true that when there are few chips left you have to be a little wiser, be extra careful, but you also have to take risks, I don't know if losing everything I would go all-in in the next hand I think that when that happens you should be more careful, especially because if you do it, you are saying that you are tilted and that you are trying to leave the tournament, at least that's how I see it. I know people who have 100 chips left and end up winning the tournament

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's true. There were tournaments that I ended up making FT after having only 2-3x BB, so, you can't lose your patience after a big loss.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
100 true, NEVER EVER give up , With a low amount of chips you need not to tilt and some of luck and tack your shot.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It doesn't matter how few chips you have, you shouldn't give up, I think that sometimes in the most desperate moments to get chips, great plays happen that help you continue in the tournament and many times you even win the tournament, I have had few chips but I managed resist and I have won the tournament

FoxIns

FoxIns

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
ME
Раньше, если я делал ставку и терял весь банкролл, то в этот раздаче сразу шел олл-ин... Теперь у меня было много проигрышей, если я входил в призы ни с чем...
с
Раньше, если я делал ставку и терял весь банкролл, то в этот раздаче сразу шел олл-ин... Теперь у меня было много проигрышей, если я входил в призы ни с чем...
I've just started playing blasts and also realized that you can't give up. There was a case where I played a blast game for 3 people with 500 chips, each entry for $5. So when I was left alone with the opponent, he had 120 chips left and he managed to beat me because I relaxed and already saw myself the winner

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
All you need is a chip and a chair... "some random dude named Jack, back in 1982". ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its definitely a mistake to donk the rest of your chips away, just because losing a hand has left you with a crippled stack. The old saying "a chip and a chair" is based on the true story of someone having a single chip left in a live tournament and managing to come back and win the whole event. There is an optimal strategy for playing with both 8BB, 4BB and 1BB, and this is, what you should stick to, no more and no less. With 1BB you are not going to be folding much with an ante, but you can still fold complete junk and hope for something better the next hand.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I had a few combacks from less then 5 BBs and won the tourney that I plated :) , so I think is corect to never give up :)