luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This is an important question because many poker links have remained uninteresting.
I don't understand why cool things are disappearing, because 888 is absolute crap if you compare what was before.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just look around and see that almost every major poker room now has some sort of Mystery Bounty.
Not only that, but almost all the live events series now have a MB event on their schedule.

This format is bad from a theory point of view: imagine that you have a great edge over the field, but now a major part of the prizepool goes to a random person who is lucky that day. Ok, it might be you, but odds are always against us. Why playing a tournament where your wins tend to be much inferior?

But in practice, this format will atract much more recreational bad players, and it can be profitable if you can exploit it the right way.
And, if you are optimist, your chance of getting the big bounty is the same of every other person. Maybe it is you.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just look around and see that almost every major poker room now has some sort of Mystery Bounty.
Not only that, but almost all the live events series now have a MB event on their schedule.

This format is bad from a theory point of view: imagine that you have a great edge over the field, but now a major part of the prizepool goes to a random person who is lucky that day. Ok, it might be you, but odds are always against us. Why playing a tournament where your wins tend to be much inferior?

But in practice, this format will atract much more recreational bad players, and it can be profitable if you can exploit it the right way.
And, if you are optimist, your chance of getting the big bounty is the same of every other person. Maybe it is you.

Very valid points to make.

I just can add an example to see: 11$ buyin 250K prizepool mistery on PS
only 1 get 10K the next 3 players get 2.1K if I'm right.
It's a wtf.

Insted of grabbing more people into the fun of being drawned a big money and being lucky, they pushing 1 player only to the top maybe some get proper money too... But if they get there rewards, other bounties became pointless at the later stage, but the prizepool is already reduced cause the bounty split...

So in my eyes, more proper wins instead of the one big, like many 100x buyins or 50x buyins to be worthy to reach both earlier
and later stages in this.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So in my eyes, more proper wins instead of the one big, like many 100x buyins or 50x buyins to be worthy to reach both earlier
and later stages in this.
Yeah, the appeal of this mystery format is the excitement and the thrill of maybe winning a high prize, like a lottery, a raffle, or a bingo.
But here you are not only gambling or depending exclusively on luck, right? If you got AA and you cover an opponent that goes all-in, your shot at getting the big bounty is much more likely, for example.

But from a pure theoretical point of view, this format is really bad, specially for those who have a great edge on the field. If this is not the case, maybe it is worth to include some MBs in the schedule and see where it goes.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's cool, but currently there is no way to determine after the tourney who won what. I dislike that aspect.
Gutted that I missed the last poker stars Sunday Millii that had this format. Could be a long wait for the next.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what will happen with this game model, but I don't like it that much, since I didn't manage to reach the ITM where the bounty starts.
Obviously, if you succeed in the ITM, the game is already a gift from there, but the essence of the Bounty tournament is lost by the fact that you can earn money by collecting bounties despite being eliminated before the ITM.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Since Mystery Bountys are fairly new, the optimal strategy for them has not yet been fully developed, and therefore it is very important to adapt to them before everyone else.The intermediate stage between classic knockouts and Mystery Bounty is progressive knockouts - a format in which players' bounties accumulate throughout the game, making the payouts at the final table much juicier.Thus, in Mystery Bounty only the top 10-15% of players who get into the money can count on additional payments. And what is important is that the size of each bounty will be selected randomly from the pool of all remaining bounties.

xliuksasx

xliuksasx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LT
Chips
I think poker sites reviewed and did a lot of analysis on Mystery Bounty tournaments, I would say it's pretty addictive and you don't feel fees.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it is already consolidated, as this format is very attractive and exciting!
I also have a lot of fun, but I also get irritated when I only get the smallest amount.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I agree, the game has a random tendency, making a good portion of its prize pool even more random.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's cool, but currently there is no way to determine after the tourney who won what. I dislike that aspect.
Gutted that I missed the last Poker Stars Sunday Millii that had this format. Could be a long wait for the next.
Let's hope it doesn't take too long.
Good luck at the tables.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know what will happen with this game model, but I don't like it that much, since I didn't manage to reach the ITM where the bounty starts.
Obviously, if you succeed in the ITM, the game is already a gift from there, but the essence of the Bounty tournament is lost by the fact that you can earn money by collecting bounties despite being eliminated before the ITM.
You really have to adapt the game and try a strategy a little different from the one played with bountys.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since Mystery Bountys are fairly new, the optimal strategy for them has not yet been fully developed, and therefore it is very important to adapt to them before everyone else.The intermediate stage between classic knockouts and Mystery Bounty is progressive knockouts - a format in which players' bounties accumulate throughout the game, making the payouts at the final table much juicier.Thus, in Mystery Bounty only the top 10-15% of players who get into the money can count on additional payments. And what is important is that the size of each bounty will be selected randomly from the pool of all remaining bounties.
It's a great theory and I intend to take it as a lesson to adapt my game to this format. thanks

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think poker sites reviewed and did a lot of analysis on Mystery Bounty tournaments, I would say it's pretty addictive and you don't feel fees.
a good attempt to oxygenate the game and bring in new players, you're right.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that mystery bounty tournaments give a real shot in the arm to these tournaments for a number of reasons. It gives real excitement to games in anticipation of a big bounty out of the blue. I think it also has the potential to quicken up tournaments as people are more motivated to knock out opponents more quickly. It also means that people are less likely to run down the time clock in order to merely get past the bubble. Some of the bounties on offer are also substantial running into the thousands. I would look forward to more new variants in poker. Maybe a time limit of an hour or two. Tournaments going over the 2 hour mark can drag on interminably.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When those types of tournaments appeared on 888poker I thought they wouldn't last long, I thought a couple of months and goodbye mystery bounty, but I was surprised, the truth is I didn't expect them to continue by these dates, if people continue playing and the room gets the results that they expect will surely follow if they will not be removed, they will not continue with something that does not generate benefits for them.

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Esta es una pregunta importante porque muchos enlaces de póquer siguen sin ser interesantes.
No entiendo por qué están desapareciendo cosas interesantes, porque 888 es una absoluta mierda si comparas lo que había antes.
Excuse me what is that game model like?