Min bet the new thang

R

rcsmith4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I implement the min raise strategy, I do make sure my opponents in the blinds are players that will lay down a decent range of hands for double the blind. It also has an added effect when you are consistently doing it, and your opponents make a move on you when you have a big hand.

archangelzx

archangelzx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Min raising doesn't have much effect in lower stakes tournys, most of the time they think 'he's bluffing me' and call/shove etc with anything.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Min raising doesn't have much effect in lower stakes tournys, most of the time they think 'he's bluffing me' and call/shove etc with anything.

This is great news! min raise all day

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I implement the min raise strategy, I do make sure my opponents in the blinds are players that will lay down a decent range of hands for double the blind. It also has an added effect when you are consistently doing it, and your opponents make a move on you when you have a big hand.

why? we want them to call with a wide weak range out of position, spew gives us free equity.

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am not a fan of min raising in the early-mid stages of a tournament, my preferred raise size later on is usually 2.2xbb, as has been mentioned, it does pretty much the same job as 3x, just risking less chips

in low buy in tournaments, you see alot of min raising early on, with hands like AA and KK and i think its just horrible, you end up getting way too many callers, and because they have to call such a small raise, it really gives you no information about their hand strength