Luck or strategy

A

AnandiNaidu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Co relation of luck and strategy

As per my experience poker is the game luck, but it only work well you have good strategies to make the moves. In simple word both luck and strategy inversely proportional to each other.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
90% strategy and math. 10% luck. Game over

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You need both to be successful. You can make all the good decisions and still loose to some guy who calls you down with 49o :D Personally, I need to work on my discipline. I make lot of bad decisions and get impatient, too. Yesterday, luck was on my side in many cases, but not enough in the end so I only finished 30th in Hot tourney. I like to believe skill is most important, but when you have lot of loose players with big stacks around you, it is difficult. You can wait for strong hand and play it well, but they can still win with luck.
I totally agree it's no good for you to have good cards, to be on the flop the cards do not help, but the strategy will always be the best option

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on which timeframe you apply.
If you look at a single hand then it is obviously luck because there is no strategy that can prevent that your opponent flops the nuts.

But the more hands you play the more likely it gets that you see no more influence of luck. The bigger the hand sample the more likely it gets that expectation and outcome nearly match.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is ・・・

I heard "A poker was something to do the best effort and win luck.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! I think for everyone the all are individually!
Anyone by Life is very Lucky, another the all get (or not get) after hard work...
The same thing and in the Poker: anyone need the all time to work over own Skill,
but another win in most cases, because he is very Lucky! Each his own...:captain: