Not open for further replies.
Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not into believe and I am absolutely sure that without the luck to win the tournament impossible!

R

Ray Paradise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
luck is something that help you to win with 10 2 suited against AA KK or JJ when you have less than 1 BB to play

P

Predatorkc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck surely takes part

I surely believe that luck has a big influence, specially in micro/low where everybody gets attached to their hands and draws. And honestly , skill fully overcomes lucky in the long term, but nobody pays attention that the short term is much more longer than what we expect. GL all

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hehe last 2 give A way tickets first place zoom and 2 place at turbo why its happening with such litlle bankroll ..

M

maminom

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you will always need luck to win a tournement,espacially in all in situation.
but ull need a lot of skills first.

orsino12

orsino12

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck plays a huge part. Skill and a little luck will move you up and maybe get you into the money when the blinds are still low to medium, but later in the tourney when the blinds are high enough to force more action the effect of luck is higher, especially in coinflips. As you get deeper you will see a lot more coinflip situations as the smaller stacks get more desperate and the bigger stacks are more priced in to call so you see a lot more small pocket pairs moving all in.
Last night I was in the $1 goldfish, already in the money and up a few levels and about average stacked I got A-Q 3 times in 5 hands and lost 3 straight flips and I was done. I was up against 2-2, 8-8 and k-6.
If I win even just the first one I'd still be in good shape, but lady luck wasn't on my side that particular round.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f

Skill epxerience and luck are the basic achievements to win a tournament..Luck is the top ..Ysterday i lost AA again ...from 5 6 ...he made 2 pairs and i lost .My luck is absent !

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I need about 25% luck and 75% skill. We have 5 cards we can't control, but 7 cards we can play with skill. Many times the pot can be taken with nothing, and that takes skill to know when, where, how much to bet, and with what hands to make those plays. Very seldom are we going to flop a monster hand, so we have to play what hand we have. GL to you

V

Vinther90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is irrelevant. Luck is a part of anything. New artists don't get a number 1 album without a bit of luck do they consider this into their actions no.

Luck is a part of everyday life not just poker, you can't control luck so there isn't any point thinkin if I was lucky. You can do better with skill hence all the win in poker players who don't depend on luck.

duuuuuuuuuuuude!!!! Luck is not irrelevant.

T

TaniaStar

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No luck of course tournaments are not won, but the ability to read the opponent is much more important.

M

Matthew tudberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup. "Luck" is indeed a factor in tournements just as in cash games. If you hit a two outer, it feels deserved in a tournament because "you had no choice". Often, such set thinking is what is being exploited by the better players, and true luck is hard to gauge.

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of Course Luck need but when in the start of tournaments you win with KKvsAA for example its noting meens how you will be playing than.

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play within a stratege and bankroll.

Longterm results will show.

E

evgenii1788

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
evgenii 1788

Of course luck is great and it has its own value in the tournament . But first and foremost the ability to. Without them Nikaya luck will not help you win even one tournament

L

lvlalaciuca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is very important in a tournament.Without a rate of luck you can not really succeed.
A good player knows how to exploit luck.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournament

i think that in tournaments you need to be aggressive ))) and at that time calm_) be in balanse with yourself))

H

hopsing911

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments are usually long and the variance involved were higher when compared to cash game and sng.

Do you believe we need luck to win a tournament?

Luck may have some factor but skills is your A Game to win constantly over & over again. I really don't believe whether it's a freeroll or not matter. That only difference I have notice is the higher you go the better the players skills are. If you are running a heater you just ride that Lady Luck & keep her in your arms. The time you loose a pot you ditch her. :eek: I read a quote from Dayle Brunsom. If you won the pot, keep on playing the next one till you loose. Just because luck was there does not mean you did not play without skill.

When I first started, I really didn't know what I was doing. I was massively spewing. I just click buttons, 3barrels, overbets, & call all-in. Loose or not I did not stop. I won $100 usd. Probably the worst experience a newbie can have. A couple weeks ago I won $10 dollars. It was the most satisfying feeling. I was just in the middle pack for the whole tourney. Even on the final table. Reviewing my hand history, I only have a few hands that I made poor decision. :)

Cheers & Good luck! :)

N

Niksic007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone knows that there's a lot of luck in poker. But not everyone appreciates exactly how
much luck is involved, or the various forms that luck can take. . If you are willing to take the time to develop your "skill" then the game can be "lucky" for you. Just remember where the luck comes from and you'll prosper.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As someone told luck is just a part of this game...You have to make right decissions and right play at the tables.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some players who shove anything and im natz put!!! and tyv fool with his set of aces((((

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck is one of the assistants, but not the main

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't win a tournament just with skill. The skill is a major factor in some of the coin flips. But to enter into the money and to advance further, you need a real qualities. The luck factor is going down if you are able to beat your opponents on the table.

F

Ficomkd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always need luck and bluff to pass without that cant take tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.