losing lead

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you feel when you're leading a tournament with about 3 to 4 million chips in front of second place and get AA and lose half your stack and go to second to last in a tournament what's your reaction at that time?

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggravation

I hate when I've played well and gotten to the final table
with a large stack, and then the bad beat comes to knock me down

It seems to happen all too frequently -
almost makes me believe the game is rigged in some way
to set you up for the fall

I generally have a few "choice" words about the situation
- then go get something to calm my nerves a bit -
take a break from the game for a while -
then find another tourney and give it another go

TC

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's usually hard to bear, then it's easy to get out of control and end up losing all your chips, so it's important to be mentally strong.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
depend how i loose my lead........sometime i just call hand and after i regrett beausei think my card are good..........and sometimes when i have good hand but i play with someone who has better stack then me and raise is 5-2 or something like that.......i feel frustrated inn this 2 case......

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to stay focused, because as long as I'm not eliminated, I'll have a chance to regain the lead!

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you have chips, you always have a chance to comeback.

It had already happened to me in the recent past.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely would be angry, specially if it's a big tournament. But I try to stay focused to not tilt and make bad plays trying to recover the chips. Of course it's easier to said than done. :)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
how do you feel when you're leading a tournament with about 3 to 4 million chips in front of second place and get AA and lose half your stack and go to second to last in a tournament what's your reaction at that time?

Well, we're talking about Poker. This is quite possible to happen.
I was recently on a FT and there were only 7 left on the table. I was in 3rd so I was dealt AQs and villain moved all-in. I paid. When I saw his cards he had 73s. I thought: I won! but the flop came 7-T-3 and another 3 came on the river. I went into last position with about 3 BB in my hand. I couldn't recover and left the game in 7th.
The best thing to do at these times is to stay calm. Don't worry about recovering quickly. This is the fastest way to get off the table. Stay calm and wait for your turn to come.
In the ACR it has happened to me that I was among the first in the FT and got a bad beat and dropped to last and recovered and won the tournament. Poker is a psychological game. You have to have discipline.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
nothing we can do, repeat rinse rebuy again the next time, cruel part of poker variance

A

ALLRUS79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's going to be terrible, but there's nothing you can do. You just need to make sense of your game and draw the appropriate conclusions after everything is over!!!

Alex.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the loss of leadership, I feel that I made a mistake that needs to be carefully considered and not allowed in the future.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This has already happened to me, you have to be prepared and focused on the tournament and have a lot of patience, because there comes a time when you wear out a lot and get tired, then you start playing with a hand that puts you in some situations that end up losing chips and even costs your 6 7 hours of tournaments in vain!

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've made it to the final table, it proves that skill matters more than luck in poker.

I hate when I've played well and gotten to the final table
with a large stack, and then the bad beat comes to knock me down

It seems to happen all too frequently -
almost makes me believe the game is rigged in some way
to set you up for the fall

I generally have a few "choice" words about the situation
- then go get something to calm my nerves a bit -
take a break from the game for a while -
then find another tourney and give it another go

TC

M

Master_nolios

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Trackers are what you need. I was starting to think I must really tilt after a big bad beat. After reviewing past tourneys I notice 4 bad beats in consecutive hands played. What are the odds of that being the norm. I've actually started folding great hands after two bad beats. Even sacrificed aces after flop hit a set to watch I would of lost to runner, runner. i seem to be cashing a bit more.

Beware of the two pair flop.

Look up how many times you get the straight and a flush also hits the board. Or you pocket kings see an ace in the flop. Or your pocket aces or kings have a pair in the flop.. Doesn't mean you don't win but it slows you down everything. It's the percentages that make you go huh. Good luck.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When that happens, you have to take a deep breath and move on.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens - would like to see how the hand played out - was it a cooler or could you have gotten away from the hand?

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Can't be results oriented. If you got it in with the best hand, then you did the best you could. That being said, don't panic or tilt. Getting to the chip lead position already shows you have the skills to do it again.
Claw your way back one hand at a time.
Like trying to eat an elephant [emoji208], one bite at a time

D

Daddy_Shark

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't ya love it??!? Get AA with a super stack and end up doubling up the player with 7 9 off.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation can make me tilted so I will often sit out and take a short break. It will help me avoid thinking about it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me those moments are devastating but we need to recover quickly since we still have chips and poker to play. I have come back after this has happened to win and other days just die soon after but I keep on fighting to that last chip is gone.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you got the feeling wow i can win this thing the reality makes a takes over and busts me so much unluck i have mostly

but my good times let me win for example the sunday million anniversary 10m$ guaranteed freeroll out of 5k players and only the first get the ticket

so the sunday million tournament can come i am hot :p
and such a moment wakes the hope in poker again and let me dream of a big win one day :p

so i hope some others out of the community also qualifies to this tournament
and can save some money ( it is a good training, because players with low budget are close to playing such tournaments like highrollers what makes it the best training, in my opinion )

And I have the feeling that one guy or girl out of our community leaves this tournament as winner :p hopefully I.! but the three first leaving the table as millionaires so there is place --- so lets rock that tournament
GG and c u @ the table ;)

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes you second guess your intuition.
No need to go all in when you're the Bigger stack.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it’s difficult when we lose half of our chips and lose chip lead on the final table, but we need to overcome all of our anger and frustration, and play the best poker that we can. Results will come, and it’s not over, we still have chips to play.