ON Jokerstars...... LOL.....

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This always happens to me, has it happened to you too, losing on the last card?
Yes it often happens to me... ant to all the players. It's called variance and there is nothing to do against that.
Just accept it because it won't always be against you.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Try looking at it from this angle: Every single person in the history of poker who has played anywhere in the whole world has experienced this. If you say you've never seen that happen, you either have never actually played poker or you are fibbing!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I sometimes lose on the fourth card too. Sometimes you know it was a good flop and it's over by the turn when your villain binks his magic card.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's happened to me several times, I've lost a lot more times than I won in the last letter. It seems like a setup from the online game, I get to the last card with the villain needing him to hit just one card for her to win. I have 95% and he has 5%, so I should win 95 out of 100, but what happens is exactly the opposite, I lose more than 50% of the time.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Happens to all of us anyday at anytime :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unless against the absolute nuts, a hand will always have some equity to improve. even against your strong top 2 pair, your opponent has 35% equity to win by the river. if they hit a non queen spade on the turn, they have 36% equity to win. if they hit a 10 or ace on the turn, you are behind and only have ~9 - 13% equity to improve.

so, you can see how much equity in a hand can influence how often a hand wins or loses. in this case, your opponent wins ~20% of the time or 1/5 times, after the turn.

the only reason why losing on the river is so impactful is because the hand is over. you have no more equity to improve, unlike you would if you were behind on the flop or turn.

with all that said, it happens to everyone. but the goal of poker isn't to not lose on the river, its to make profitable decisions. you're very rarely ever going to be getting your money in with 100% equity, so you aim to get it in as an equity favorite more often than not as that's where your profit comes from, assuming you're aiming for max value. in this hand, you win 4/5 times after the turn, which puts you as a huge equity favorite. so, focus more on making good, +ev decisions and less on the negative results as, in the end, those negative results don't matter in the long run.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's happened to me several times, I've lost a lot more times than I won in the last letter. It seems like a setup from the online game, I get to the last card with the villain needing him to hit just one card for her to win. I have 95% and he has 5%, so I should win 95 out of 100, but what happens is exactly the opposite, I lose more than 50% of the time.
how big is your sample size?

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You are exaggerating. This cannot happen to you all the time. The human mind is so arranged, we don't remember cases when luck was on our side, because we take such situations for granted. And at the same time, we remember very well the situations when we were unlucky. Such is the nature of human psychology.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I hate it the most, on the flop I have a stronger hand than my opponent, he is online and the last one hits him often, I always hate that people throw online when they only have a draw and nothing more

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It happens to everyone, there are times when people think it only happens to you, but believe me, it happens to everyone, sometimes you win at the River too, the best thing is to accept it and that's it!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I happens to everyone i think but i feel it happens to me too often.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
it's painful when this happens and glorious when i win

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes sometimes river is cruel

Well, don't forget River helps you sometimes too. So it's 50/50.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

It is normally called "The River" So called because it comes from "The River of Dreams" Quote, and believe me it can be a nightmare, I was involved in a hand with the Ace of diamonds in my hand and by the Turn I had the Nut flush, facing a bet from my opponent I shove all-in and they called, when He turned 2 pair, I felt sure I had him beat, only for him to spike a Full house on the River.
It is never over until that River card is dealt and I have lost count of how many times I have been crushed by that last card. But it also happens when I am in the opposite position holding a Draw and catching it on the River to beat 3 of a kind. So as they say "What comes around, goes around" So I cannot complain.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's normal? I'd be more surprised if such situations didn't happen at all, because then probability calculus wouldn't make sense

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You opponent 's favour was made here, and the river gave him the victory at the end. It happens, it is part of the game!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
such situations will always be with every player, someone will not be lucky and you should not be sad about it so much just know that any opponent has a chance and sometimes it happens that on the river he gets to the map and wins, the main thing is to remember later that you also have a lot of such moments, you will just forget these moments

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This happens to me a lot, RIVER always surprises me but on the negative side!:(:mad: