Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I notice a lot that when I'm very short, close to the bubble that I'm obviously out of, I get some really monster hands, a lot of + EV, ex: AK suited, AA, KK, QQ and I almost always get called by a garbage hand and I obviously lose .
no complaints, I'm in this game to play and learn. But I've preferred to make some very -EV plays and try to get to the ITM miserably, than simply go down shooting.
I would like to know if anyone has the same impression?
and if you agree with my attitude?
This is a false impression. Time will pass and you will understand it.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I notice a lot that when I'm very short, close to the bubble that I'm obviously out of, I get some really monster hands, a lot of + EV, ex: AK suited, AA, KK, QQ and I almost always get called by a garbage hand and I obviously lose .
no complaints, I'm in this game to play and learn. But I've preferred to make some very -EV plays and try to get to the ITM miserably, than simply go down shooting.
Prize hands are not absolute and if you have a small stack there will be people paying to see it and yes, you may lose. But the point is that you can lose but you can also win is to get more comfortable. Watch your position and try to go against just one player. The more opponents, the lower your equity. But only enter if you have a premium pair.

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
The main goal of MTT is to reach the final table/top 3 positions, where a lot of money is hidden.

To get this far, you're going to have to take some risks. Jam with AKs, QQ+ will never be the wrong decision and you'll be a big favorite when you get called. Even if it sometimes makes you lose, defending ITM before you make a move will dazzle you more and reduce your chances of going deep.

So even if flying out with a premium anti-garbage hand sucks, it was definitely the right move! :)
I fully agree. Your goal is to win the tournament, not to get into the minimum prizes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is how to win a tournament with garbage hands. 6-man SnG, 2 places pay, so applying ICM-pressure to the short stack on the bubble. Slightly to wide according to ICMizer (should have had K2 or Q5), but his call was also to wide, and I came out of top :)
3 hands later it was time to finish the job, and this one was a correct jam according to ICMizer. Sure my opponent loved the way his premium hand went up in flames on the river :ROFLMAO:

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bigger raises pre flop ??
All ins pre flop ??

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Been a while for me to get close to bubble😂

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i like to play at the bubble if the other players are tighter...

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Which one is better? Get eliminated with a garbage card or get eliminated with a premium card? None of them are pleasant, the main thing is that you are out... So it can be garbage or premium, the game is over for you.
Yes, the bubble is the most uncomfortable phase of the game.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This one is a tough question. :unsure: I will need more observations. But definitely when you are the smallest stack.

LMAO

Hang in there OP. Often it is better to get it in with a weaker holding but while you still have fold equity. gl gl

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is interesting isn’t it, as the RNG is apparently random yet there are noticeable moments and periods ipalong the course of a comp that suggest otherwise.... let’s call it mere coincidence aye lol.... I’d suggest that if your comfortable don’t get involved unless you have a true monster ie. Made pair of the premium variety... Though myself I don’t get it in with Anything other than AA and KK. QQ I 3/4Bet, JJ I treat as 44 to 88. It’s better to ride the wave till the bubble dust has settled and resume as normal.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is interesting isn’t it, as the RNG is apparently random yet there are noticeable moments and periods ipalong the course of a comp that suggest otherwise.... let’s call it mere coincidence aye lol.... I’d suggest that if your comfortable don’t get involved unless you have a true monster ie. Made pair of the premium variety... Though myself I don’t get it in with Anything other than AA and KK. QQ I 3/4Bet, JJ I treat as 44 to 88. It’s better to ride the wave till the bubble dust has settled and resume as normal.
I agree with you, the bubble, as incredible as it may seem, for me, is the most complex part of a tournament to play.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It's just a tragedy, especially in big tournaments. Each blind does significant damage to your stack. You can't waste a single chip. Each distribution brings you closer to the coveted prizes. Sometimes even a premium hand should be folded if you see one of your opponents putting all of their chips into the pot on any given hand on the next hand.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I recently noticed that most of those who earn had small cards

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands