My level of play drops when I get to final tables.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's the same dilemma that i'm facing it's disappointing getting so far and profiting the minimum, what i absolved is that late stage variances are way bigger, liking or not you gonna need skill + luck, depending the size of your stack will allow you only to play only one strategy PUSH or FOLD. And if your stack is healthy you're going to have selective aggressiveness (like you're on the button and raises the BB because you know he is TAG player, or just bully someone who has the smallest stack on the table), the size of minimum bets represents a considerable percentage of your stack, so one mistake and you're out. And with you're at mid stack size don't get involved against deep stack enemies unless you have good hands, defending your BB from stealing is going to be crucial too.

I wouldn't recommend trying to bully the smallest stack at the table... they have less to lose & often ICM won't be an implication when making their decision. Often, it is better to focus on stealing from med-sized stacks, ones who have more to lose.

OP, read up on ICM. It will help with final table play.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't recommend trying to bully the smallest stack at the table... they have less to lose & often ICM won't be an implication when making their decision. Often, it is better to focus on stealing from med-sized stacks, ones who have more to lose.

OP, read up on ICM. It will help with final table play.
True story but like they're 3 players left to get the next level of profit it they really try to hang on and it pays off. Thank you so much for the tip i'll dedicate my by reading about ICM, hope that i can overpass this. Cheers !

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I THINK・・・

A reward changes with the order, so I think because each player can't carry out an original strategy.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever I get to final tables I have a marked drop in the level of play, I do not know if the long period of tournament or mental fatigue, I do not know how to solve this problem suggestions are welcome.
I find experience is the best teacher.You may need to play lots of final tables to learn how you can improve,or make the same slight mistakes many times before clicking on...so final tables being less often than say mid tourney or early ITM it makes sense that it will take longer to settle into your own stride because you dont reach the final table as often to learn the lessons as quickly as you would learn in early tournament play.:top:You will get a lot better soon if you are seeing final tables now,nothing surer.GL.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you get to the final table, something very good, I do not think your level down, but you are facing a good jugades. When you approach the awards, many players open their range of hands and try to bluff. This is where your patience is at stake to beat them power. Luck in your upcoming tournaments because you have skill:):)

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my level of play drops when I get to final tables

whenever I get to final tables I have a marked drop in the level of play, I do not know if the long period of tournament or mental fatigue, I do not know how to solve this problem suggestions are welcome.
How many times have you reached the final table? Unless you say 6+ times and every time your play drops off, yes maybe there is something and you can review your plays.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the best results you must be well rested, before the tournament start, and its also important to understand, how long the tournament will be running. If I run deep in a tournament, which continue past my normal bed time, I am for sure not playing my A-game towards the end.

It has happened more than once, that I have made a somewhat loose call for stacks, because I almost dont even mind, if I bust, since then I can finally close my eyes and go to sleep. This is obviously not ideal, because the late stage of a tournament is exactly when, most money is at stake. Planning ahead is essential for successful tournament play.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, when you get to the final table at the beginning try to play tight. When only half or less than half of your opponent starts to play more often their own hands. The truth is always in second place. The first place he could not take because even with a stronger hand at the last moment always lost.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be tracking your hands to find the leak in your game. There’s no way to help you without knowing what hands you’re playing and how you’re playing them. If you’d like to just know a broad statement that may help, aggression is key in final tables. You’ll more then likely have a short stack and Apps like SnapShove will give you a good idea of what position and hands you should be shoving.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same problem with me about cashing out. I play to first level of money, then I can see I can reach higher level and so on, with that play I nearly reached final table in one of the freerolls. If I can use the same style in live tournaments, then I am ready to go live :D

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy the book: "The Mental Game of Poker - Volume 2".

Volume 1 deals with stuff like tilt, variance, but volume 2 deals specifically with mental endurance. This sounds exactly what the problem is in your case.

http://jaredtendlerpoker.com/tmgp1and2/

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have the same problem but I consider myself a passive poker player. with time I hope will improve