My level of play drops when I get to final tables.

B

bhmorte22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever I get to final tables I have a marked drop in the level of play, I do not know if the long period of tournament or mental fatigue, I do not know how to solve this problem suggestions are welcome.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
open any review of the tournament with open cards and see the progress of the game from the top 9 to the top 1, you may understand something.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you're just in relief that you've made it to the cash and you slightly don't care where you end up? Sometimes that happens to me on these dumb little freerolls Where if I cash I cash and that's all.

B

bhmorte22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you're just in relief that you've made it to the cash and you slightly don't care where you end up? Sometimes that happens to me on these dumb little freerolls Where if I cash I cash and that's all.

I understand your point of view, sometimes I relax in the game even if I am in automatic mode, which really ends with me and the physical and mental fatigue due to tournament hours.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you're playing bad under pressure, you have to take it easy!

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
The most important is Mind set. Relax from the pressure a keep playing as you was playing

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Already at me hard it is to reach the final table. The few times that I come to think game well.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My main problem is I try to win every pot I enter, and I have been known to spew off many good stacks trying to do so for no real reason.

what I have found to help is pushups during break and having a strategy. If the pay jumps are pretty big- I like to sit back and let some shorty's bust and only get involved if I have a monster hand or have a great steal or resteal spot. Usually by the time we are 5 or 6 handed I have chipped up decently without taking too much risk, but occasionally I am nursing a pretty shortstack and going into push/fold mode.

If the payjumps aren't that massive I just play it like normal with a little extra focus on putting shortys to the test.

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"my level of play drops when I get to final tables"

You mention mental fatigue, so that's one aspect. The only remedy that I can think of to this situation is not playing if you feel you can't finish the tourney in an alert state. Alternatively, you just need to learn to play through the fatigue. No easy feat.

But are you analysing you game afterwards? I don't mean really in-depth stuff, but just a general sense of where you might be going wrong.

Once I hit the final table, I get aggressive and looser when in position. I'm looking to steal blinds (bec. they are usually substantial) and I'm seeing more flops if possible. I just feel that one needs to change gears at the final table. Sure, laddering up is a consideration, but I think controlled aggression yields more. But such a strategy calls for more mental clarity! - so might be much help to you now

My problem is that I'm too nitty before the bubble.

Anywho, keep working on your game and you'll probably see improvement on the final table. Everyday I keep working on mine, but sometimes I just need a break in order to restore the mental batteries and allow the lessons to sink into my feeble brain.

good luck

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel i suffered from the same thing.. I'd sometimes play fantastic until the final table...It's happen to me way to many times where the top 5 player's get a piece of the pot.. and I'll bust out 6th after investing so many hours of play.. lol ..discipline!!!
I've tightened up quite a bit the deeper in the tourneys .. this helped a lot..
I always got the feeling that the closer we are to the end.. that people tend to bluff more.. and I never gave my opponents play any respect.. you just need to try to play the same way the entire way through,

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem, when I am playing on the final table I am starting to panic and I play really bad, I don't know how to fix this.

Last edited:
tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because of the tiredness one tends to make more mistakes and it is more difficult to remain concentrate.personnellly I take vitamins C of preferance a good ju of orange.I go out smoking during the pause to change me a little ideas.I do not hesitate to play more squeeze and throw medium pairs or JJ preflop.

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good idea is to practice with 9 player SnGs or smaller field MTTs, as well as heads-up games. Winning these will give you a mindset which you can hopefully transfer to the final tables at larger tournaments.

K

Keotek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When at the final table do you notice your playing improperly?

Do you mean right when you make the final table, or do you mean short handed? Is it a mental thing of getting to the final table, or are you not adjusting your play to a short handed situation as required?

Keo

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good night. Try to get up at intervals every hour. If you stretch out, drink water or coffee, wash your face. Anyway, get distracted in those five minutes apart.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your level of play falls because the opponents have become stronger. In the later stages, fewer fishes and more regs. Try to learn to play poker xD

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
At the final table is something other than the start of the tournament, there are experienced players most of them. There is also fatigue, and the stress that you are there. You need to clear your thoughts and not make hasty decisions because there is not much room for errors at the final table.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever I get to final tables I have a marked drop in the level of play, I do not know if the long period of tournament or mental fatigue, I do not know how to solve this problem suggestions are welcome.

It's the same dilemma that i'm facing it's disappointing getting so far and profiting the minimum, what i absolved is that late stage variances are way bigger, liking or not you gonna need skill + luck, depending the size of your stack will allow you only to play only one strategy PUSH or FOLD. And if your stack is healthy you're going to have selective aggressiveness (like you're on the button and raises the BB because you know he is TAG player, or just bully someone who has the smallest stack on the table), the size of minimum bets represents a considerable percentage of your stack, so one mistake and you're out. And with you're at mid stack size don't get involved against deep stack enemies unless you have good hands, defending your BB from stealing is going to be crucial too.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you're not studying and training this part of the tournament because that's where the better players are usually.

B

bhmorte22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Last Friday I played the bounty 0.55 6749 entries I got the final table remaining 3 guess my net drops when it came back the blinds had swallowed my hard stack.

B

bhmorte22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

if physical and mental fatigue is not enough there are also external factors, I thank everyone's opinion I will certainly take into account to improve my performance

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's either down to fatigue or a mental block. Regardless you should try and ignore what stage you are at and just play casually. You don't need to overthink it but try to relax (you can even listen to some music if that helps).

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think only you will be the one that can fix this problem since you know what you are doing different. are you being more or less aggressive? you need to find what you are doing different and make the change.

Good Luck!:cool:

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
find something that occupies your time in earlier rounds so you are more concentrated later