Has late registration gone too far?

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i think the tourneys with the long late registration is a problem especially when you are playing online and you have a higher and quicker rate of game play you see more hands and the more hands you play the higher percentage chance of being knocked out. Also the prize pool becomes saturated and you can play in a big tourney with a long late registration for hours finally make the money and only get a pittance for your efforts. Smaller fields bigger payouts and not playing for as long in one tourney without long late registration. Also people can come late get a quick double up or two and then coast to the money in some cases. The tourneys shouldn't have more than an hour of late registration.
I don’t think everyone will agree with your meaning - "the more hands you play the higher percentage chance of being knocked out"

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.late registration may be necessary.in the same freerolls, the weak field goes all-in.so you can register later, when such players will be knocked out.)) and in General.late registration 15-20 minutes is normal, someone might not have time to register in time.but 60 minutes is too much, as in some tournaments.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
hi.late registration may be necessary.in the same freerolls, the weak field goes all-in.so you can register later, when such players will be knocked out.)) and in General.late registration 15-20 minutes is normal, someone might not have time to register in time.but 60 minutes is too much, as in some tournaments.

I agree 15-20 minutes is normal, but they themselves must understand they make money and the more people play, the more profitable it is for them

P

pintib

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it's annoying when you play a "guaranteed" prize pool and it's far more than the buy-ins at the moment. But after the start the other 90 % join in so the prize pool is down again...
But in the end you have advantage against the late joiners in terms of smaller blinds and more time to build up your stack

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Half an hour is plenty of time---3 hours is unreal ridiculous. Some of us do not have all day for a tourney---we have other things that need to get done.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in large tournaments 1 hour of late registration would be more than enough, many times the registration is made so extensive that players see great prizes and enter to play the tournament or so that the guaranteed amounts can be covered, also to give time to finish the different satellites that often start at the same time as the tournament.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration is very beneficial for players who can play with a short stack! But when with levels of 6 minutes late registration of 40 levels is done, it seems to me that this will only scare away potential players! For such a large registration, I think we need to make a smoother structure!

Freeloader743

Freeloader743

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally I was against late registration but lately I have come to like it. I seem to do much better when I register very late. However I think 2 hours should be the maximum.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only use late registration in the first round, after that I don't like being in a disadvantage. I don't mind, however when other people register late, especially when they're buying in at 15BB and I've got a stack of +100BB. Getting in early and building a stack gives you a huge advantage over the late registers who are just donating to your prize pool.