Late reg players piss me off!!

Chechiing

Chechiing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do it aswell sometimes since i think i play better when the blinds are a little higher than instead playing straight away,

cause when you get a decent hand people are less likely to stack off their chips so soon,

So thats why i late-reg in a few tournaments so i have more of a chance of people staking the chips off with hands like aj/aq off then they would early in the tournament, but everyone has their favorite time of playing some at the start some in the middle and some the last second
For me the middle works the best. :)
Interesting. I always thought late reg was a bad move, but reading your post, I'm incline to agree that even good players will tank more easily since the blinds are getting higher.

However, it's a little too close to gambling so for me, I prefer to start at the beginning.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late check-in for 2 hours annoys me. This is very much and long, makes some advantages to the player who registers late. Believe the right reduce late registration until 1 hours !

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think late registration should be capped at some reason time (15-30 minutes).

I recall at article posted on Cardschat.com that indicated there was an ICM advantage for those late registration.

Here's a study down recently: https://www.parttimepoker.com/kenny-hallaert-invisible-damage-late-registration

Also, another discussion: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/...age-late-register-pokerstars-problem-1720125/

If that's the case, I'd think you'd want to limit the late reg period to a short time. Or, penalize late reggers to disincentize them -- e.g., an extra 500 chips to those registered on time.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Complain to the sites, not about the players. If late reg is available then people will late reg. Do you expect everyone to start at the beginning even with 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6+ hours of late reg available on some sites? It works for some and not for others. Players are just trying to do what's best for themselves with the choices they're given.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry for the course language guys but it really does.

After being in a tournament for almost 2hrs I get a guy buying in and beside me and takes me out in 3 hands.

Is it a good idea to late buy in and try to double,treble up rather than grind it out?

I was up and down in chips but feel unsatisfied playing this amount of time just to have late buy ins come in and go all in every hand then get out drawn

What's your take on late registration?

I can understand your frustration....we've all been there.

But really a late registration starting stack is not too different than a player that got short and needs to pick a spot to shove.

I always watch the tournament lobby because just before late registration closes there will be several late registrants coming in with starting stacks. Beware of them...they are under pressure to double up quickly.

Good luck !

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that can be a bit of a pain when it happens, but late registration in tournaments is just something you have to deal with. If you can't deal with a player coming in way late in a tourney into fairly big sized blinds compared to his starting stack, maybe you just need to improve your tournament game. Players coming in late are coming in at a disadvantage and sometimes need to gamble a little bit to get in a comfier position, this being said, it should really be easier to play against them than harder. I think late registration is a good thing, gives people a shot to get into a tourney if they missed the initial start, which is fair in my opinion. Although they come in at a disadvantage, if they can handle that, salute. As well, if you can't handle them coming into a game late and at a disadvantage, maybe that says something about your game play.

Great points. You know when a guy comes in late he will be wanting to gamble more, he as to. Just play tighter until it evens out.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great points. You know when a guy comes in late he will be wanting to gamble more, he as to. Just play tighter until it evens out.

good advice prizzy. When I do enter late in a late reg. I am looking to gamble I need to double before I get blinded off.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the only thing I don't like is that it is too late to register, the rest does not cause me a problem:icon_bigs

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are they? When you registering you pay BI for 50-200bb but late reg dudes paying BI for 10bb)) They have to push with aggressive and you can to wait for a tightly call. I think you have to love fishes if wanna to have +ROI )

I

Index12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is pretty useful to me since it allows me to play a tournament that I otherwise would miss. That does put me at a disadvantage against other players sometimes depending on how late I register though.