• Thread starter Robert Krawczak
  • Start date
MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very many fishes on start. So you can have easy farming but you can have easy lose :)

Exactly. You should gamble less with when you start in an ideal world but because there are lots of fishes you will endup calling more all-ins. Although all of my experience is for micro stakes. I do now know how medium buy-in tournaments work.

Roman Romanov

Roman Romanov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for the fish I agree, it is necessary to catch while the opponent is not caught!)

P

Poom12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the starting chips for me. Normally, I would go for early registration but for deepstack tourneys, I'd go for mid registration.

Robert Krawczak

Robert Krawczak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the starting chips for me. Normally, I would go for early registration but for deepstack tourneys, I'd go for mid registration.

Ye, The size of the starting stack is also important in decide when to register ;)

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
early check is better because you are on equal terms with your opponent, instead the record TRadio opponents already have a lot of chips. greeting

Radi

Radi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early it's better because till the end of the late reg. you can make much chips and blinds won't be so big for you.

D

deffcity

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on you, me personally, i like late reg, so many times I've signed up in the last 5 mins and got well into the money, i guess for me i don't like the early no ante small blind plays. and all the fishes doing their thing like crazy. but if i play a high stakes tourney i prefer early to get to know my opponents better as its less fishy

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general obviously early registration is going to be better for you almost every single time. the more time the more blinds the more chips the more skill will prevail. However, there is something to be said for very late registration, when i play a really low stake tournament its easy to register at the last moment, wait about 3 mins, and ive made the money, which is a nice way to make a dollar or 2, but then you are just playing w luck basically because you are so small stacked compared to the other players. If you want to try a later registration with your bankroll i believe you should implement a system. If you use 4% of your BR in MTTs, then you should only use at most 3% at mid registration and 1-2% in very late registration, this way you account for the variance and the luck aspect of the game with your Bankroll and it should work out ok that way. Good luck in future event.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I tuned into a major tournament play from the start of the tournament. If you play a lot of tournaments then the later registration.

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer early especially in tournaments knockout , if I come late to these, I feel at a disadvantage against players who come for my chips

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already went later in mtt that at first the players were very mad, especially if you had rebuy

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is slow or rebuy, late reg. is much better:
- On slow not much to earn in the beginning and most the fast (all in) nervous players are out.
- On rebuy, you can get very high hands against whatever hand all in players.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On time..

It deppends on type of tournament(hyper fast or rebuy late reg, normal or knockout late reg). I prefer to register on time.:cool:

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're in form the start you have all of the fish still in the tournament. Also you may have been able to build your stack enough to be able to call off a late reg player with 20bb and still have wriggle room. You can build a tight image early and exploit that later on or you can get involved in a lot of hands knowing you're deepstacked. I see a lot of merit to regging from the start and little merit to late reg.

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends entirely on the tournament structure but i tend to prefer early reg :)

K

kmart99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The general consensus is early over late because if you come in last minute then you are immediately forced to play short stack strategy and will rely on roughly 3 races going your way. ... But still, I like late reg because it guarantees that you are close to the money right away, and being alive 2 hrs in to a 5hr tournament still has some value. I like both equally for different reasons, and I don't find that joining late has given me a lower or higher success rate. With that in mind, id maybe say late reg because I can play more tourneys in a shorter span.

R

RazorLazor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In online tournaments,
It really depends on the length of the blinds, The stack sizes of remaining players, and the number of remaining players.

There are numerous online tournaments, that are cheap, and have 10 min blind levels, with 6-15 levels of late registration.

The registration turnout depends on the site, however it's normal for late registration to end with 60-70 players.

I have found that late registration in deepstack and megastack tournaments is a good move (you start with a larger stack. Around 10k or 25k) this bigger starting stack,sometimes,sort of slows down the play, because you have a lot of tension.Some players that are willing and ready to shove- 10k - pre flop -when blinds are 30-60(..167bb.?).😦, some players who are....NOT!.... So the mixture at the table creates an interesting dynamic, but it's important to remember in online tournaments

"You make more by extracting chips from an opponent, not flipping for them."

The average stack doesn't matter as much in these tournaments because your starting stack is bigger. This means blinds won't swallow you up as fast, and obviously you can rake some nice pots with larger stacks. ( 1.you could have a starting stack and have 2-3 times as much as a few early reg players at the table, and you can use that to your advantage.2. You sometimes can make some larger bets with high value hands and get paid off.)

So it is a very smooth tournament that, with proper navigation, you could take it down!!

That being said its very reasonable to register in the middle of late registration or a level or two after.( in deep and megastack)

In turbo and hyper turbo online tournaments it's tough to late register at half way or later levels. Not only is it because late registration is probably 15-20 levels, but also; the fact that you start with only 1500 or 5000!!!! you're starting behind!!!!

The average stack is important in these tournaments. It is more often than not almost double the starting stack.(and big stack could be 10-15x your starting stack😱) And blinds are rapidly moving.

And Since people are starting with smaller stacks and blinds are moving so quickly, players feel the urge to play more aggressively to build a stack to keep up and not be red stack in a sea of green stack.

So there is more resistance when you late register in the turbo online events, and it is ,most of the time, a toss up in late registration. I late register in these tournaments on occasion, but I have certain requirements based on my style, and most of the time there is a lot of risk.
Players who register early have lowered their risk by giving themselves more time to gradually increase their stack through the blinds ("extracting").
Players who register late most of the time (in this spot) you are a short stack and are going to have to start shipping it all in very soon.(flipping)

"You make more by extracting money from an opponent, not flipping for it."

And of course!!!!This is all my opinion based on what has worked for me and my particular playing style in my career.
I hope I helped fellow shark!
If not, I am sorry for wasting your time!

Run Hot,
Razorlazor

G

GeorgeF1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early registration purely because of the blinds. I like to start off tight and make slow but steady progress, so usually by the time all the late reg players arrive, I'm slightly ahead.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like late registration better than early. Sometimes you don't make it to the tourney if you register early. takes up someone elses possibility.

mezzodana

mezzodana

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Early or Late Registration"

Depending on the structure of the tournament, I will either register early or late. If the levels are from 10-20 minutes (or less online) I like to get there early. If the levels are 20+, I don't mind getting there later.

The benefit of getting there early is the fact that you can watch everyone come to the table, get settled, etc., and pick up information on their personalities a bit. It's fun to even chat up the dealer as they wait, also. From the first card in the air, too, you have the benefit of starting off with those equal stacks.

On the other hand, you can get to the table late and make an entrance, if you will. Greet everyone. While you wait for your first hand, take a look at the stacks to see how everyone's doing. I find that people like to volunteer information about other players when I join a new table. It's interesting.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on payout structures and format.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
perhaps it depends on how aggressive style of play you if agresivny then register for the tournament at the end of late registration to pick up the blinds, and if something tight in the early registration

T

Turn7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I am registering early, but last times I register in the middle or half an our before late registration ends. It simply feels more comfortable and I think a lot of fishes are already gone... ;-)

milencenov

milencenov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. On one hand, you can play wider range of hands at the earlier levels of blinds. And you can pile a stack by beating fish.
On the other hand, even with AA it is unlikely to win 6 of 6 allins. And sometimes one loss kicks you out... Variance, huh...
Sometimes, it is useless to play 5 hours and still to be struggling to get in the money.
There are tournaments where the field is so reduced at the end of Late Reg that you just need to fold 5-6 hands and get in the money. Yes, you need a lot of luck to push higher in the money.
But it is nicer to know you won something than to play hours for nothing.

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early so that I will have a time to prepare and I won't miss out anything that will happen in the tournament.