Chips
All day today I drove 5 bucks from there. in the end - 5)))):rolleyes:

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would assume definitely dependent on what type of game you play.....loose and aggressive knockouts work well, tight and nitty then regular is probably best.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What you guys think which tourneys are more profitable? Bounty tournaments are probably better for ROI because you don't need to reach ITM to get some money back but in regular tournaments its less risky and better chances to get deeper because less players will you call you off. So in overall, whats better?
The question doesn't really make sense.
Profitable for whom?
The house is always profitable.
A $0.50 game is more profitable than a $1000 game if you make it into the money in the former and not the latter.

The question you should be asking yourself is:
What are my poker strengths and where are these most valuable?

For example, if you are a no fear, call any shove kinda person, Deep stacked tourneys are not for you. I'd say go for SpinNGo, single table SNGs, Grand Tour / Neymar KO.
If you are tight as a drum with no wavering...stick to cash games.
TAG -- deep stack tourneys.

But of course there is much more to it than this,
Are you exploitative? Find the games/tables with such exploitable natures.

But the notion that one tourney is so inherently more profitable that you can ask a non-specific poker population what it is -- is more hopeful than realistic.

So -- the subtext of your question becomes: how can I become more profitable in my poker play?

The answer to that is to know what your leaks and exploitable weaknesses are.
That requires reviewing your hands. Taking a statistical view of where you make money for each game type you make, and where you lose.

Sometimes the losses are bad beats, so you can reduce their relevance...but if you notice you are losing big in hands where you raise from UTG, you might consider tightening your range from early position.

In the end, all games are profitable to those with an edge for the game they're playing.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you guys think which tourneys are more profitable? Bounty tournaments are probably better for ROI because you don't need to reach ITM to get some money back but in regular tournaments its less risky and better chances to get deeper because less players will you call you off. So in overall, whats better?
I think the number of participants is more important. How many players do you want to fight against? A dozen, hundreds, maybe thousands? In tournaments, as elsewhere, a good player makes money from bad players. If there are 2 fish sitting at your table, then your expectation will be higher than if there is only one. Accordingly, the more players there are in the poker tournament, the higher your expectation and potential swarms. Why then play tournaments with a small number of participants? The answer is variance. A good player can have a lot of anticipation in the expensive kilopholes that take place every Sunday in all rooms, but he can easily get a minus year if he only plays on Sundays.--For an amateur who does not have a bankroll per se, the key factors are the amount of money that he will not be offended to lose, and the limit at which he will be competitive. The bottom line is that you have to play in such a way that the amount of buy-in or prize money does not affect the decisions you make, even at the final table. Most of the money is played there, so even perfect early game play cannot compensate for poor play at the critical juncture.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think regular tournaments are better, although knockout tournaments get you something as you eliminate a player, regular tournaments pay more, and if you make it to the ITM, you make good money