KK w/ 8 callers

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing pocket Kings out to position you really don't have allowed choices. Some of it has to do with the read on the players at the table. Generally speaking and, not being able to read the players in your scenario, because I wasn't there. I had to say some type of big raise preflop. Big raise meaning, half the pot up to all in.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I would have shoved on the flop. I would bet about half the pot or maybe 1/4 of the pot. I have bet 1/4 of the pot numerous times & had everyone fold. I'm a tight player so they think I'm giving them odds b/c I want them to call me. ;)

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it would've done him any good to bet 1/4 or 1/2 the pot pre-flop. Because the big stack which has the pocket fours would've called either way I am sure of it. But if he shoved pre-flop then I think the big stack with that pock fours would've think twice of calling or he/she might've folded and it might have saved himself from this. Either way, that just bad luck.

N

nkrijeka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very bad luck. don't think i would have shoved. bet half pot, hope the 44 raises and then fold
i might have been a bit more aggressive pre, but hindsight is 20-20