KK vs AA correct play

B

bon2great

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds are so low that someone has AA when I have KK that I will take those losses in order to get the larger number of wins with my KK

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be the guy that would have KK and think my opponent either has AA or has flopped a set, and then I'd fold.

I've learned that, sure, sometimes that happens, but an awful of times, at least at low buy-ins, my opponent has QQ or top pair or AK or some such....or heck, 20% of the time, they have nothing and are bluffing big time.

At least at low buy-ins, my experience is that you will win more by standing by your KK than not. I used to be too scared for that, but I'm learning otherwise. It's crazy the stuff people go all-in with.

I agree mostly, I would stick to my KK more often then not, but it heavily depends on the part of the tournament and my stack. If I havr more than average stack amd we're in the money deep, especially in case of huge icm differencies, I would fold more than call..

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree mostly, I would stick to my KK more often then not, but it heavily depends on the part of the tournament and my stack. If I havr more than average stack amd we're in the money deep, especially in case of huge icm differences, I would fold more than call..

its early in the tournament, This wasnt a raise for value he raised it 4x from the get go, he polarized his hand when he raises so hard unless he raises 4x with everything else, he gets reraised quite hard as well, there was too much money going into the pot at this point of the tournament, unless we got info on villain this was bad play for both players in question, because there was no reason to be this aggressive this soon in a tournament at all.

That being said if your making money playing this way then keep at it, KK's is a great hand, its just my preference that this early in the tournament we dont play so agressive (scare off the hands you can beat and seek action from the hands that have us beat)

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You should of folded if you just won recently. You only win one in nine with nine layers assuming each player wins once. On the odd time you both do for a hand, that stuff happens. You just come back and next time you do it to them.

D

Dakota2472

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't fold when that flop comes out. At that point it is just a cooler and that is that. You played it right.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had KK the other night against AA. Pre flop- he raised, I re-raised, and he just called. The flop came AK6 rainbow. I bet the pot, he went all in and won the pot. I was on tilt for at least an hour. Had to get up, think and did other things to get my mind off of it. Once I felt stable. I got back to it and was fine. My point is, you’re always going to run into AAs over KKs or vice versa. Know it’s coming, embrace it, and get over it.