KK???

donmoore30

donmoore30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I jumped into a $109 tourney, 800 players, ready to make bank. First hand, draw cowboys!! KK, raise x4 pre-flop under the gun. Get re-raised. Pause......call. Rainbow flop, no A. I bet.... get re-raised....Pause....I'm all-in, call. AA turns. Out of the tourney first hand. What do y'all think? Bad play on me, or just meant to be. I always tell people it's not about getting lucky in poker, but about not getting unlucky!

Don

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you were just very unlucky to had kings in the same hand villain had aces. i dont think you played them bad but maybe you could have found a better spot to risk your entire stack. if the flop was for example Q79 maybe villain could have a set of queens so when he re raises you after the flop maybe flat calling would have been a better choice.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when the game is not for you and that's the way it is, today I fall in a tournament with AA the villain called my raise with 88 then the flop comes 87Q I bet 70% of the pot he calls then the tuner comes 3 then I crush him pro river help me then he calls then he shows the 88 then I got mad at the Ps the river turns into a 2

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It Sucks

So I jumped into a $109 tourney, 800 players, ready to make bank. First hand, draw cowboys!! KK, raise x4 pre-flop under the gun. Get re-raised. Pause......call. Rainbow flop, no A. I bet.... get re-raised....Pause....I'm all-in, call. AA turns. Out of the tourney first hand. What do y'all think? Bad play on me, or just meant to be. I always tell people it's not about getting lucky in poker, but about not getting unlucky!

Don
Yes it sucks and it doesn't matter first or last hand really you are holding a hand that wins 83% of the time so unfortunately this was one of those other 17%. bummer. keep on trucking:):):)

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was not the first hand, you would know that the opponent is playing very tight you could fold to a flop re-raise, but in this case you played well, and were just unlucky

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What did you want to see from your opponent after the second time he rearranged your bet on the flop? The opponent usually has AA or AK in this situation.

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Don

Getting re-raised after you raise UTG (with KK) should always make you think whether your opponent has AA.
Getting re-raised after you raise with KK on a rainbow flop should be an additional hint, especially in tourneys with high buy-in (where players play more cautious).

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players talk and write about stack size and position as some of the main elements to consider in tourneys. Those 2 factors will often decide how much strength they assign to a hand. Eric Lingren folded AA preflop during a televised event, at least once. That was his decision based on his current situation at that time. It was early, no large stack, and he was out of position.

It’s a tough situation. maybe next time you’ll win with KK. It’s a game of chance. It’s not Chess.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just bad luck. This happens and it is unlikely that something can be done about it. I would also start playing with such cards. And I would lose too. You may be lucky in the next game.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love KK, until an ace shows up on the flop. Happened to me in League this week...

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting re-raised after you raise UTG (with KK) should always make you think whether your opponent has AA.
Getting re-raised after you raise with KK on a rainbow flop should be an additional hint, especially in tourneys with high buy-in (where players play more cautious).
What you wrote is complete nonsense.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With our hand, we dominate all but one hand. Sets can't be there. Just bad luck.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just poor luck, nothing you can do

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You have to get used to this. These type of hands are unfortunate and not down to mistakes, just luck.
Had a KK hand today unfortunately pot committed and had to call even though I suspected my very tight opponent had AA, and unfortunately they did.
If your poker fundamentals are good eventually you will overcome the variance online poker produces.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Don

Why are we donking into the preflop raiser?

When we choose to lead & then villain re-raises us... what hands do we figure we beat given the board and villain's action pre & post? (you haven't posted what the flop was which really does limit a response I can give).

I always tell folks it's not about getting lucky in poker... it's about trying to make the best decision in each & every spot.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes it sucks and it doesn't matter first or last hand really you are holding a hand that wins 83% of the time so unfortunately this was one of those other 17%. bummer. keep on trucking:):):)

Unfortunately KK doesn't win 83% of the time vs. AA

KK does win close to 83% of the time vs. a range of any two cards... but how often does villain's range consist of atc? (especially in a spot like this one)

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really

Unfortunately KK doesn't win 83% of the time vs. AA

KK does win close to 83% of the time vs. a range of any two cards... but how often does villain's range consist of atc? (especially in a spot like this one)

Really according to all stats I have been able to access including Cardschat. the overall Percentage of win versus loss with KK is 83%:):):)

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would have acted immediately. KK vs AA is always bad. Often everything is put in preflop and since you can't fold KK preflop you are forced to call. In my opinion, you simply have to accept that when your opponent reveals AA. There's nothing you can do differently because if you don't play those hands anymore then you don't have to play poker anymore because then you could only play the nuts. Needless to say, that doesn't make sense. You always have to take some risk. It is important to keep the risk as minimal as possible. But the risk is always there of losing and dropping out of the tournament.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a cooler. You did nothing wrong.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Don

If its a cash game then yeah, that's fine but this is a tourn and that's a lot of hands you could have played if its a normal structure tourn.

Its not your cards but how many chips relative to the blinds in tournaments. This is why I CRINGE when I see folks go all in like on the first hand in the low stakes and freerolls because they have no idea how much opportunity they're giving up.

If you're playing a $109 online tourn then a 2.5x BB raise from early is all that's necessary because those folks should know what starting hands are and what an early position raise means and they should know how to play a basic solid early stage tourn game.

And if folks call you and don't have a hand but think just because the price is so low relative to their starting stacks then those are the ones that you want mark and value bet and value bet all day long so you gain something by them calling and seeing what they have at showdown.

The other thing is how much info do you have on your opponent? You should be able to tell how they play in a round or two and should an idea of how you played a hand by your read on them but without info since its early, you don't know.

The other thing is: What are they going all in with in the opening of a tourn with? Think about it? AA, a set? maybe Qs or Js if those are an over pair to the board, I don't know. Without info on your opponent then you don't know either.

Beginning of a tourn, a lot of folks are trying to control the pot size and keep it small because the blinds are nothing. And if they're going all in then they're telling you they have a big hand as well and not some middle pair stuff or a bluff unless they're a donk.

So in tourns, you gotta play the structure and less on your cards and its the opposite with cash games. You should have played a lot more poker.

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players talk and write about stack size and position as some of the main elements to consider in tourneys. Those 2 factors will often decide how much strength they assign to a hand. Eric Lingren folded AA preflop during a televised event, at least once. That was his decision based on his current situation at that time. It was early, no large stack, and he was out of position.

It’s a tough situation. maybe next time you’ll win with KK. It’s a game of chance. It’s not Chess.

Even though a professional did it, it doesn't make it a good decision.. :)
:deal:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even though a professional did it, it doesn't make it a good decision.. :)
:deal:

He claims Eric did this... but did he really? (personally I highly doubt it)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Really according to all stats I have been able to access including Cardschat. the overall Percentage of win versus loss with KK is 83%:):):)

Did you even read my post? It sure doesn't seem like it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Did anyone responding in this thread actually read the initial post? Look a bit closer at how the action went down (hint: played poorly). And why don't we even hear what the cards are on the flop? And yet you can respond by saying it was played well... just bad luck.

Wow.. POKER IS HERE TO STAY!!! (or do y'all just wait for the pw? :( )