jackass strategy

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is the way I interpret what you have said so far or the messages you are getting across:

You want to learn this hyper loose aggressive style. You are playing in tournaments that you don't take seriously. You are asking for advice but then when it is something you don't want to hear you justify it by throwing out a bunch of big names of people you perceive to play this way at all times.

Advice has been given and I've yet to see you take it seriously. You sound very determined but I've yet to see you post any research you have done on this style and the big names of people you've thrown out who play this way. You've yet to post about any videos you've watched on the pros you've listed, or strategy articles by them that you have read.

It seems to me that you are acting in the "fast food society way"; in other words, you are looking for instant gratification with this new style.

I hope this works out for you and you find a way to make it work for both you and your bankroll. It just appears to me that you are jumping in with both feet without thoroughly thinking through or thoroughly researching how to accomplish your goals. You are getting a lot of caution because others are sensing the same thing and if no one cared at all about you blowing your bankroll and having a horrible losing streak while trying to force this new style work towards your ideals then no one would post here or say anything at all to you but GL.

Maybe you should take some time to research this a bit more before jumping in so quickly to playing in a way that appears you don't have a handle on yet.

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@StormRaven
I see the same thing.

He wants very much to gamble a lot. Perhaps he likes the adrenaline rush. It is a lot of fun, even if not profitable. He is trying to justify playing wildly by referring to successful players that he imagines play as wildly as he does. They do not. Plus, they are playing against high-stakes opponents who play tighter than they do, so a looser range with smart post-flop play can work well for them.

Look, we just don't want you to lose your bankroll because you are using a style of play that is pretty much proven to be a loser in the long run. Most people head for the books and teaching guides after awhile of losing big playing like this, and some learn how to play more safely.

That said, do what you want. It's your money, and if you want to lose it, that's up to you.