I've won $5 from freerolls. What do I do now?

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Immediately buy in to $5nl and run it up. To the moon!!!

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
MmoS

Saturday has tournament 3.30 buyn 4k prize prepares during the week training during the week. Monday through Thursday there is a freeroll tournament on PS 0.20 buyn prize $400 you can train in this tournament; and on Saturday not to make the mistakes made during the week.
:angel:

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are going to lose it))) and next time asking with a new post what I can do now I lost my 5 dollars))))

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made this mistake a few times. Keep playing freerolls until you have 10BI to whatever cash is the minimum game you can play. If you play with only 3-4 BI's then if you get hit by small downswing you may get cause you become scared money.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ok I've made it into the money two days in a row in CC freeroll, and I have about $5. So my question is this. What would you all do with that little bit of money? I think I have 3 options. I could sit on it and try to build it up more. I could play in the lowest cash table on the site, which is 2nl I think. I won $1.40 awhile back and run it up to $14, but lost it. I could also play one of the low buyin MTTs. So let me know your opinions. GL to you all in any games you play today.

Personally cash V tournaments would be a would be a choice based on what you prefer to play. I love tournaments and that's what I would do.

So what to do with the bank roll? You have a opportunity to build up a bank roll and that's what I would suggest you should do. At the time of the post you are not bankrolled for anything so I would not do anything but the CC free rolls. How much you need will depend on what you want to play. If cash and you happy with 1/2NL you want to save up at the least 25 BI. If your good you should be able to properly play a bankrolled manages cash level and move up once you have 25 BI for the next level. If tournaments you should have 110 - 150 buy ins depending of the size of the tournaments you play. ACR does have the on demand games. For these it you save up $55.00 you would be properly bank rolled to the $0.50 + .05 BI games. For regular tournaments you can play the $0.25 properly rolled at about 150BI but I would hold up till you have about 100BI or 150BI for some of the $1.10 games. There are several reasons why. One the ).25 games are wild and large as can be. Being properly rolled with 150BI or $165 would give you a lot of opportunity depending on what you want. You could play a mix of games this way. All the games I mentioned from $1.10 and lower would be yours to play.

I keep on mentioning being properly bankrolled. Why? bankroll management is truly inportant. By using proper bank roll management you could possible never got broke if your a good player. The reason so many go broke it they play above there roll and then need to start over. If you want to start playing higher games from the beginning you should save up until properly bankrolled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play the centrolls of the big Tournaments and chip a ticket and have fun GL :)

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
enter more freerolls to win more on that $5's, maybe you can try to play some sports betting lol or just go and play some .25 tourni's or spin n go.... either way you can double that up if you smart about it:D:D:D

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I propose freerolls from what you propose. You can win a lot without risking the dollars you win. It is easy to lose them.
enter more freerolls to win more on that $5's, maybe you can try to play some sports betting lol or just go and play some .25 tourni's or spin n go.... either way you can double that up if you smart about it:D:D:D

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

like Ajr says, best to keep on entering FR for a bit. Once you get $20/$30 or so, then can hit the micro tables and see how you run. This leaves you some room for bad beat days without losing it all. Only $5 can see you busted back down to zero, since micro table play can be pretty reckless.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can build a bank little by little, playing micro tournaments, or sit, and increase your bank, I hope you do very well.

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like Ajr says, best to keep on entering FR for a bit. Once you get $20/$30 or so, then can hit the micro tables and see how you run. This leaves you some room for bad beat days without losing it all. Only $5 can see you busted back down to zero, since micro table play can be pretty reckless.

Don't be reckless tho...lol

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, I would just stick to dime mtts and freerolls until you get to your next goal of probably $10.

Good Luck

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever you end up playing, keep grinding the freerolls until winning one would no longer be a significant boost to your bankroll.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Btw PoppaNick is Monicer at intertops

Try Sit and Go its like a final table every time you play.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a shot ! Short buy the micros, play an SNG or two. See if you can't run it up while still playing FR. Good luck!

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With $ 5 dollars I look at it as a start to our bankroll, what do I do ,,,, keep playing freeroll to try to make the bank grow, for no reason would I play them until I have about $ 40 dollars, $ 5 dollars is like a child small, I would take care of him, I would see him grow and that the variance helps me, patience, discipline come from there to play an important role in the development of the small child that in the long term we will see him grow ,,, it is not advisable to play outside of banking and of course if you can deposit to help grow it would be excellent ,,, What would I call it a good start ,,, so good luck and good vibes ,,,

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also try satellites for tournaments. You don't lose much and you have a chance to play in a tournament with a large pot.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play according to your bankroll. poker is a game of patience and discipline. just wait a bit.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I've made it into the money two days in a row in CC/ACR freeroll, and I have about $5. So my question is this. What would you all do with that little bit of money? I think I have 3 options. I could sit on it and try to build it up more. I could play in the lowest cash table on the site, which is 2nl I think. I won $1.40 awhile back and run it up to $14, but lost it. I could also play one of the low buyin MTTs. So let me know your opinions. GL to you all in any games you play today.

I recommend you to stop and forget the money form a moment clear your mind and play whatever game you like the most important it's to start with a fresh mind. I won $25 in a freeroll and lost it all for us newbies have to stop playing for 2 days and start again fresh approaching the money we've won.

Last edited:
barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you just want to have fun, then almost any version of the game within the possibilities will suit you. If you want to try to increase your bankroll , try to practice on free chips first. Develop your own style of play, your tactics, your strategy. And always start with micro-limit games. This way you will learn to value what you have earned.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First - you should understand you'll lose your first 5$! Second - bankroll rules doesn't work for this little bankroll.
I think better look for ring games micro.
And don't worry when you lose your BR.
Collect your hand history and research your mistakes.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if this is the best or most efficient thing to do, but I always play low buyin sng because it puts you in equal standing with everyone at the beginning, its fun, and it's still lower variance than mtts. Play 6-9 max 1 dollar buyin and try to see if you can't get your 5 dollars up to 15 or somewhere around there.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$ 5 is not a big amount and of course you can spin $ 0.25 on a spin and go

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

Freeroll Passwords