I've won $5 from freerolls. What do I do now?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I've made it into the money two days in a row in CC freeroll, and I have about $5. So my question is this. What would you all do with that little bit of money? I think I have 3 options. I could sit on it and try to build it up more. I could play in the lowest cash table on the site, which is 2nl I think. I won $1.40 awhile back and run it up to $14, but lost it. I could also play one of the low buyin MTTs. So let me know your opinions. GL to you all in any games you play today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Momo9292

Momo9292

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean the lowest variance route would be to play cash, possibly short stacking for .80c and trying to run up some stacks. MTT's are just super high variance, so I would stay away from that route for now.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice and reply Momo9292. I was thinking about doing that today. But then, if I running good in the CC freerolls, then maybe I should play the same freerolls all the way through the weekend. Then on Monday try it. What do think on that?

Momo9292

Momo9292

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I mean the LEAST variance route would be to play freerolls until you get around 20$ in your account. Start playing with 10BI for .01/.02 and grind your way up. Have done this multiple times in the past, resulting in withdrawals of 500$. I believe you can do it! If you need any help or want to just discuss hands, send me a message:) Good luck friend!

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again Momo9292. Well I went ahead and tried 2 MTTs, which took all my BR. However, I made the final table again last night for $6, so now I wish I had just sit on the money for the rest of the week. I'm going to do that with this money. GL to you. Oh what level are you at here? I'm at platinum, so I get to play ACR everyday. That's good. GL to you

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off, congratulations on building a bankroll through the Freerolls. It takes some skill, and a little bit of good luck, so where to go from here?

Well, it seems like your tournament game is pretty decent, so you COULD look at playing the single-table Sit & Go's as well once you have built up enough of a bankroll to play those. Playing the 1c/2c Cash Tables is also a good option, as others have suggested.

Another thing that you can try and do is spin into a Sit&Go for a fraction of the price. Yes, a little gamble here for sure, but something to consider as well. But overall, I think if you went with Cash and/or Sit & Go's, that might be a good way to build your bankroll.

Best of luck.

Attachments

• ACRTable.jpg
    ACRTable.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 109
Momo9292

Momo9292

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a new member here actually, not in the platinum freerolls yet. But hopefully starting next month. good luck on the tables buddy!

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply and advice Shumkoolie. I think I will let my BR build a little more, like to $10, and then try the cash tables. I'm just no good at the Sit&Go, and I never could play 6 max anything. GL today

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can play some micro tournaments on ACR. They are very good tournaments. I just play for fun and mostly play freeroll and micro tournaments on ACR but I've built a good bankroll from them.

Last edited:
Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been in the same place and played a dollar tournament and finished 1st for a bit over $100 then used that money for more $5 and $10 tournaments to make a bit over $300 more. then I played a $8 satellite and won a ticket to the main event and placed pretty good and made a bit over $1,000 from nothing.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I've made it into the money two days in a row in CC/ACR freeroll, and I have about $5. So my question is this. What would you all do with that little bit of money? I think I have 3 options. I could sit on it and try to build it up more. I could play in the lowest cash table on the site, which is 2nl I think. I won $1.40 awhile back and run it up to $14, but lost it. I could also play one of the low buyin MTTs. So let me know your opinions. GL to you all in any games you play today.

What is your preference, cash games or tournaments?
Start playing the type u prefer, and keep playing freerolls so u mantein ur bankroll while u get used to diferents types of games.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend sng 0.25 45 max 90 max. I climbed from them many times

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I've made it into the money two days in a row in CC/ACR freeroll, and I have about $5. So my question is this. What would you all do with that little bit of money? I think I have 3 options. I could sit on it and try to build it up more. I could play in the lowest cash table on the site, which is 2nl I think. I won $1.40 awhile back and run it up to $14, but lost it. I could also play one of the low buyin MTTs. So let me know your opinions. GL to you all in any games you play today.

They do not change horses on the crossing. So, keep playing freerolls and building up your bankroll. Problems will begin, then it is worth changing something.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for the replies you all. I read them all. Every time I get a little money on there I play the $375 GTD Turbo for $0.78 buyin. 50,000 starting chips, with 3 min levels. I cashed for a little one time, but I'm going to take that one down soon. GL today

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is really something building a bankroll from nothing. However Gamer4445, is there a reason you don't want to deposit $20 and just play small stakes ring games or SNG of your choice? It just seems like all that time grinding out the free rolls can be better spent in the real money tourneys or cash games. I deposited $30 on pokerstars one time about 18 months ago and built my roll from my initial deposit. If I busted it I would have just deposited another $30 dollars. I just can't imagine spending all that time in the free rolls.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such a bank it will be hard to do anything. Here you need to understand in which types of games you are more successful. Either long games but with small wins in cash games, or long games but with heavier prizes in tournament games. Or try your luck in fast games spin&go

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats for your winnings. It’s not so easy to get ITM in freerolls. Maybe you could try to play one table SNG in micro stakes and go on playing freerolls of course ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cant really build a bankroll from just 5$, or at least it would take so much time, its pointless. So just do whatever gives you the most fun :)

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would try to freeroll my way to 100 dollars and then play at micro level. If your bankroll dips to 90 then its back to freerolls until you get back up to 100.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That little bit of money can only for little bit of fun.

Keep on play freerolls until reach at least $25 then to plan to play the other games.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies you all. I read them all. I been up and down with this little bit of money. The only game I play there is a $375 Turbo, which cost $0.78. StealTheButton the only reason I don't make a deposit is 2 fold. First I don't have the money right now. Second, awhile back I did try to deposit with a paypal prepaid debit card, but they would not except it, so I put it some where else. GL today you all

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

With $5 it's hard to build a good bankroll but it's still progress, so I would recommend you play a little more in all the free tournaments of any host but improve your poker by studying and playing half and half.:jd4:

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I won another $1.20 in the ACR freeroll tonight, so I guess I will play my $375 turbo for $0.78 again tomorrow. One of these days, I'm going to win it. Or maybe I will win one of our freerolls and have enough money to play something else. I don't know what the difference is, but I just can't get a toe hold into ACR

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ask the site to wire you the money and when they refuse threaten to sue them

Freeroll Passwords