It's hard to win at final table..do you agree?

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you made it to the final table, it meant that it was a lot of merit on your part to win other players. Therefore, you must be the final table adversary, like those who have been eliminated by you, as well as remain as the main elements of the game that have arrived to where it arrived. Without nervousness and without fear, just play what you're already playing and let the facts not go through your studies.

:congrats:

:dito:

Wow you said that so much clearer than I did. :cool:

YEAH..WHAT HE SAID!
(is what I was trying to say) :hmmmm2:

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, it's a little more challenging just because you've got the best (or luckiest) players pooled together. The hardest part, in my own opinion, is when you're narrowed down to the final 2-3.

And then the real bullying begins!

The prize pool makes the call for me then.
In a situation where there's only a few dollars at stake 1st, 2nd, 3rd,... I will most usually just start going all-in at 3 players. I'll donate that last $15 difference in 3rd to 1st place payout...to anyone that will call.

((while they hope and pray...my 7 2 offsuit doesn't crack their 10 10 or better pockets)):D
((or better yet....my 55 pocket doesn't crack their Ace rag)) :eek:

oh yeah...I'm that guy in a 3 player field....:D
I'll jab at your chip lead..while the shortstack sits there and tells himself....
"I'VE GOT 2ND PLACE..ALL I HAVE TO DO IS BREATHE!" :joyman:

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to make a final table, hard to win a final table and the kicker is that if you do win and review the HH, chances are it will be a horrible hand history too. I have yet to have both, a deep final table run and a good HH. For some reason that matters to me, I hate reviewing HHs that are mainly races and suckouts.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to win in last table cause people come here not by mistake. So you will have to sweet to win tournament.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree , it's tough at the final table and it's going quick. But it has to end sooner or later. And sooner it is. I do think that getting near the final table is way harder though .So many crazy players to try and build a stack from. Good luck

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree , it's tough at the final table and it's going quick. But it has to end sooner or later. And sooner it is. I do think that getting near the final table is way harder though .So many crazy players to try and build a stack from. Good luck
No I always do well at final tables, I'm very strong short handed too. Positional play is everything

gavitocard

gavitocard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If a final table is difficult.

If a final table is difficult. I think that what often plays against are the nerves. I become a rock and I play very thig waiting for good hands to come and be eliminated between them. quiet game

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The final table should be tougher. It takes more skill to get there. Sure you might get one or two that lucked in, but generally the players there have earned their spot.

Now that you made the final table, players are more likely to be very focused and playing their best game.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its really difficult to win at a final table. Basically everything has to go right to win it all.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only go by my recent changes that's seems to be working well. I appear to be hitting the final table if i choose to leave the bubble set ups alone. Saying that it really appears that luck really plays a vital roll in the final table. Stabbing at and bluffing happens a lot more at that final table. Lost three tourneys this morning making the right call just to be out drawn. Thats poker.

All three knockout's this morning was from big bluffs called only to suck out. Then they have the audacity to get on and brag how great they are. I say luck is on your side and congrats to being lucky because you look foolish until you sucked out. Got to love poker. Even a fool hiding as a jester can win a tournament. Good luck to you all. maybe not?:bath:

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play short handed games like heads up and spin n go, that will improve your skills at final tables

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!!! Still, a lot depends on luck. After all, even if a short stack, your JJ-KK can get on AA. But AA sometimes loses!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 players left or 10 good players getting lucky and got skills..
It's hard to make a play when the blinds are so big especially less than 10BB.
If you push and try to steal someone got a good hand or getting lucky with a flip.
Somehow in the freeroll I got to the final table with a 2 bb stack for tigergaming and won it, the average stack was about 25 bb, if I'm not mistaken, it was just lucky in all the flips

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
gotta steal the blinds every now and then, i like to show a good hand sometimes to let people think im only playing premium, then muck the bluffs to steal blinds
I too sometimes show for image (i choose in options 'dont muck winning hands' when i ve got FTs). Also i think that it really more difficult to get FT than play at FT.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Absolutely right, I have the same problem with the latest stage. I would compare this with operation where each step is vital.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play just the same until there less than 6 players left then it gets a bit tricky as I have to open up my ranges even more I play lots of 6-9 hand tables and adjust my opening ranges easily but When 4 handed I think you have to open with 50% of your hand which is very wide range. ATC 6-6 higher. Low pairs and Qx Jx 10x

Playing 9 handed SnG will improve your final table outcomes. Though I think once you get final 4 I like to make deal cause I will exhausted by then and so are the other players

Last edited:
NOORI

NOORI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table is like a marathon, be patient and take all good opportunities. If the format is not "winner takes all", you can take some risk to get stronger during this phase.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This decision depends a lot. Have to analyze on time, and the hands passed of the opponents. Very hard to answer that now. The value is in every single moment!

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, 3-4 seem to drop off the final table very quickly, then the remaining 4-6 last forever. I just tighten up until they all drop out and then start playing for the real money.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stacked in a MTT is an interesting situation. If you are the only short stack, IMO you'd want to push A-10 or better depending on position. As the payout grows progressively, you may still want to play TA if there are others in your position. There are other ways of winning besides winning the individual hand. Good luck.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to both make the final table, and to win at the final table. I find that the blinds are so high and with the ante its difficult to play any kind of normal poker. Its usually a nutty free for all!

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is hard because you end up having to go all in several times in the course of a final table . Even if you get it in good every time it is hard for your cards to hold up that many times . But you just have to get a little lucky .