It's hard to win at final table..do you agree?

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I do not agree with you!Rather - it's hard to get to the final table! The hardest thing you did. And then continue to play by your strategy ...

C

caxap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult. It seems to me that this is an ordinary table, but only here the tension that swallows is intensely tense and intense ... Because of this, the process becomes more complicated at the psychological level. :alien:

Zyuks

Zyuks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to make plays to win, just well thought out ones.

A

ass707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heavier to reach to the final table if able to do it you already champion play in the pleasure

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's harder than at the table where you started. Because I think it's obvious that only strongest and luckiest players get to the final table. So you have to define what game it is - of luck or of skill and play accordingly to it.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The party starts when I reach FT, goal accomplished.
With my skills, I better sit out and fold anyhting to reach 2nd or 3rd, but I rarely do.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes very frustrating when you get to the final table and 2/3 of the table has less than 10BB . The only thing you can do is play your position hands hard so that there is less of a chance of running into a big hand . But it still feels like you have to get lucky to win .

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I find it much harder to make the final table. Once I'm there, given ICM pressure, its easy to sit and wait for the right hands in the right spots, so even if I make it to final table with a mid-size stack, I usually end up finishing higher than I should. Patience is key.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you reach the final table and you are thinking its hard to win you will not win,you have got to be positive and think you can win this.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning a Final Table is not a big problem. You just need to make the right decisions in right time. Playing like you played before, limping, calling raises and stuffs like that wont help you a lot. You need to count everything how many BB's you have, how many players may pay your raise, how much to raise and stuffs like that. You just need to be sure in your decisions and never regret it. Reaching the Final Table is bigger problem than winning a Final Table. So once you get to the Final table try to win it play safe, aggressive and smart. Do not play like you played before in the tournament. Make yourself the boss on the table so your opponents scares when they're playing a hands against you. On the other side if the opponents see you, you're bet loosing, bluffing so much you're in much trouble, even A/A can lose you to 2/3 suited. Play smart, safe, NEVER limp, and Never call if you don't feel the hand. Don't play with your emotions.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it's supposed to be the same but in reality it's the pressure of trying to win that makes it difficult. When you have played so long and made good decisions you really don't want to make a bad call there

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
really dum question ... you must follow a strategy when you're short you must play push or fold And hope to get lucky or with a nice advantage agains a bi stack on the table so you can double up .., if you're a big stack you mucst be careful always the short stacks but don't be loose and pay hands you shouldn't ... In Sit&Go's i have reach lot's of final tables and more than once i have reach it as the shortest stack and then finish as first or 2nd it's all about to keep with your strategy

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its usually a lot harder to get to FT,but if you get there with really short stack its very hard to win too,you need to double up fast and get lucky in some hands,if you come to the final table with big stack its not that hard,you just have to play your A game and concentrate

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it's quite natural, there were the best 9 players or a few hundred or thousands of these are clearly excellent players or he is very lucky and he needs to be doubly afraid, so these guys with the same caution to look at all the players for the final, but to be in the final table is great, for any tournament

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If 9 people on the table and you have an average stack and are playing solid poker your odds are 9 to 1 I reckon

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting to the final table is quite difficult, yes.
Depending on the number of participants, it is very, very difficult.
We have to have a very good physical and mental preparation to reach the final table.
We must also take into account the technique and the strategic knowledge of our opponents, we can not lose focus, have a lot of concentration, do not get irritated easily, drink plenty of water, move around a lot at intervals, let the mind rest on folds and twist to see good cards as well.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I do make a final table I always feel like I have a good chance to win it.Not intimidated .

A

AntonStremskyi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is mental thing. At the final table, most players feel something like: "I did it!", they relax and start playing worse. And it happens with every average player who rarely plays in such conditions. For pro players it should be easier. It's all an experience. And you can't get it somewhere else.

Zyuks

Zyuks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your opponents are sitting, wait patiently to climb a couple of places higher, then (if you have a large stack) you should regularly steal the blinds and put pressure on short and medium stacks. If they actively try to double to reach the final 3 places, then you can just wait until they knock each other out and you can climb as high as possible.
Make a decision
If you went to the final table with a short stack, you will need to make a decision quickly. Are you taking a risk to fly out right now and are trying to win chips to give yourself a real chance to take a place in the top 3 or wait patiently for cards and play exclusively on ICM? The answer will depend on the structure of payments, style and level of play of your opponents and your stack relative to the stacks of the remaining players.
Remember that anyone can win a poker tournament if he gets the right cards at the key moment, wins the comparison in the deep stage, or gets a "gift" stack from the weak player. But this is only part of the tournament game, which depends on luck. Knowing the key parameters of the strategy and tactics of tournament poker will allow you to earn in this discipline stably.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the final table is easier to play than at the beginning of the tournament, it is more or less clear how the remaining players are playing at the table, and you could choose tactic based on this ,the main thing is not too tired by this time

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's more important for me to develop skills to get to the final table more often than to win it

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
9 players left or 10 good players getting lucky and got skills..
It's hard to make a play when the blinds are so big especially less than 10BB.
If you push and try to steal someone got a good hand or getting lucky with a flip.

Considering your Thread Title Question......

I do not agree.
(final answer)

I believe it's a mix of skill, experience, and a coin flip.

But not hard to win.
If you make it to final table, you CAN...win.

Matter of fact...you've already won.

Getting to final table just puts you in a NEW game,
where everyone is already GUARANTEED.....a payout. (a profit)

My opinion only. :icon_joke

Last edited:
DSUMMER10

DSUMMER10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you made it to the final table, it meant that it was a lot of merit on your part to win other players. Therefore, you must be the final table adversary, like those who have been eliminated by you, as well as remain as the main elements of the game that have arrived to where it arrived. Without nervousness and without fear, just play what you're already playing and let the facts not go through your studies.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, there are difficulties at the final table. If you still got there with a minimum number of chips. When in a few laps you can lose all the chips on an ante.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, it's a little more challenging just because you've got the best (or luckiest) players pooled together. The hardest part, in my own opinion, is when you're narrowed down to the final 2-3.