Is it possible to build a bankroll with Sit 'n Go?

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way is to play freerolls, but If we talk about options when we must pay entry in my opinion doesn't exist the best way, everything depends from our abilities, are you {quite} good in cash games? play them! do you feel self-confident in MTT? play them! but remember, take care about your bankroll and search "sunday soldiers" if you know what I mean ;) Good luck!

M

magornic24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HelloSit-n-Go's are great for bankroll building.
Good Luck

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the best thing is sit and go to build a solid bench I started with tournaments of 0.2 and 0.10 now I have a more or less stable bank and I play 0.50 and 0.25 and I am doing well luck and greetings:D

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, pick the games that you wanna play. Whether it be mtt, sng or cash...read, study learn everything you can about the game/games. This should reduce variance. I don't think it is what game you play as much as it is how much work you put in to learn all the strategies about that game. Just my two cents...

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this is how I done it. And play normal speed games, they have smaller variance

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on every player..According to my own experience, the best way to build a bankroll is to play freerolls and then low cash games..Don´t like sit&go too much.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think playing Sng’s are a great way to build a bankroll playing the lower buy-ins.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing Sng’s are a great way to build a bankroll playing the lower buy-ins.

Right now I have the project of building my bankroll with 0.25$ sng’s. I went from 20$ to 40$.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there too many players betting on betting on the lowest bets of the sng noc would look for something more middle term to create a solid bank the lower bets many crazy bets

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I have the project of building my bankroll with 0.25$ sng’s. I went from 20$ to 40$.

I was building my bankroll with those and it is working. It was my favorite way playing 4 tables at once for $1 for around 3 hours.
But you should play tight aggressive stile.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure. But the fact is that if you are a player in MTT, you need to restructure your thinking in order to play this discipline. I also prefer to play MTT, but I do not forget Sit & Go and develop skills for a positive game in this discipline. True, I am very tired of this game. I have repeatedly played money in this discipline for MTT.
And after MTT, I lose everything in the slot machines, this is also repeatedly ((.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without a doubt, it is possible. Moreover, I think you can easily build your bankroll by playing freerolls only. I think it all depends on your patience and discipline. Good luck.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes it is possible, theres poker players that only play sit n goes and they live from poker, they just play a lot of tourneys to defeat variance i think.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than possible. Sit ' n Go is a great opportunity to hone your skills. It is the skill in them in the first place. All other conditions are the same. There is no scatter in the stacks, respectively, opponents can not press because of the higher stack. There are no rebuys. No re-entries. There is no way to get the Bank as in the case of cash games. All are equal. Only skills have all different.
This is a huge plus. But without the drawbacks anywhere. Minus there is one and fat. Time. You will not be able to reach great heights in building a bankroll because of this. On average, an hour is needed to complete 1 game. Somewhere 40 minutes, somewhere 80. But on average, let the hour. So for this hour you maximum you can take for game in 9-max 4 buy-ins. But you will not always win. Hence the simple conclusion follows. Losing the entire bankroll is quite difficult. It's easy to hone your skills. So it turns out that Sit ' n Go - arena for honing skills.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't build a bankroll with SNG. I'm not saying it's impossible but my style of play doesn't seem to fit that. I think try it and you'll see.

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a good way to build a bankroll. In a 9 player SNG, 3 players usually cash. That makes for a nice profit. Limiting to yourself to only SNG's, will limit your bankroll, though. Compared to cash games, SNG's actually give a stable amount of cash to play for. You know what you can win.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do have kind of the same experience. I think, its because, skill edges show more in multi table tournaments with their longer durations. Also 1$ single table SnGs are massively over raked on most sites. On pokerstars I recommend playing the 45-180 man SnGs instead.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It is possible but it depends how good are you at them.

From the sound of it, if MTTs are your stronger suit, then you focus on them rather then on SnGs.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the sngs, they are faster and easier to multi-table(you hit the icm play faster).

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, MolonAA! You written, that in the tournaments have more better results...
Therefore my opinion and advice next: continue to play the tournaments, since they give
you a profit! Have a good proverb: "Forge iron while it's hot!" Not need to resist natural
move of Life! All the more in the tournaments more prizes is played!:cool:;):D

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, definitely agree with German, play what suits you better, or if you really like sng try to study more

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mtt

i prefer mtt since in sit n go you need to win a lot more tournaments to make the same winning as playing deep final table in a MTT, however you have to beat less players in sit n gos. the first consideration is the time you have to play the tournament and the bankroll

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would definitely learn about players over time and other players would learn about you.

May also find easier competition if sessions are during peak traffic hours.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I ask this because I can not build with sit and go, but the MTTs give me good results.

with SnGs it's easier to gain a small but constant ROI while in MTTs it's easier to get a huge ROI once you win a Tournament.

SnGs: smaller Profits but Steady
MTTs: higher variance, huge wins possible

Overall it is easier for me to build a bankroll with SnGs

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on luck, for example I played a spin n go and won $ 9,000 but it was of course lucky. so I was able to bankroll at the time

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management