Is it possible to build a bankroll with Sit 'n Go?

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I ask this because I can not build with sit and go, but the MTTs give me good results.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The best way is to play freerolls from our community.
Firstly, you will get valuable experience.
Secondly, you will have the opportunity to win money.
Good luck.

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think a nice combination of sng, tournaments, and cash games are the best way to build a bankroll. Some people play strictly cash games, and some strictly tournaments. Everyone is different. Best way to really do it is to get lucky and go deep in a tournament with a big time cash! haha. Then from there you can manage your bankroll. Good luck!

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to focus on MTT first, free rolls included. If none are to my liking then I will look for a SNG. If again none are to my liking I will play cash games. This helps me play a well rounded game. I will also play cash games to kill time while a wait for the start of play in a tourney.

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the SNGs it takes longer to earn money, but the variance is lower. In the tournaments you earn money more faster (if you know how to play), but the variance is greater. It's a matter of preference

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to get in the money about 65% of the time when playing sit n go`s. I was able to get in the money 62.5% of the time and get a win 11.5% of that time. At $1.00 to $5.00 your not getting very much. I gave up on bankroll building this way and stick with the multi-table tournaments.

N

Nitrozsz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One table SNG is too short and prizes is not so pretty... the multitable SNG(45,90,180) a little bit better, but they duration is about 2-3 hours. In that time is better to play MTT, and you have the chance to get in ITM and if you will get to final table, you can win a really good money

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The $1 sits & go 45p are very good and with a good strategy can be very beneficial

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fact I got FT in 2 MTs last week, including cracking the cardschat freroll for 25+ taking 19 dollars, and a 5 place MTT of 0.55 taking 15 dollars. sit and go game and game but I do not lose nor gain, obviously I have to study more.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do best in SNGs and have studied the most on them, yet I lean towards the MTTs for the big payoffs. Based on past performance I should stick to the SNGs. Good question, made me think.

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you manage to make a good game of sit & th then do it there! each player has his own playing style and favorite types of poker)

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest it all comes down to your play style, to your BR , and BR management,
and ofc to your play style so try to experiment and see were your strength is.
Some people are good at cash games others at MMT's or SNG's I think its rare to see
one specialized or doing great in all 3 formats , so I recommend you getting good at one of the formats.
Good luck at the tables and make the wise choices !!

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the advantage in the sit & go is the time invested in tournament, for being faster is profitable .... of course for those who can impose a winning style ... the sit go also serves as training for the final phase of Mtts....for those who need to increase the game volume the sit & go is very interesting, in the 888poker you can train sit & go starting from 0,10

E

espantalhoperigoso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SnG are safer, but they arent cheaper.

Generally SnG have a high rake, and the ITM is 20% of the number of registration, so its normal to Break in Even, unlike MTT, where you have a high variance, but not only because of the number of players.

Geralmente sit n go tem um rake maior, e o ITM é 20% do numero de inscritos, então é normal conservar o bankroll, não ganhando nem perdendo, diferente de MTT, onde você tem uma variancia maior, mas devido o número de jogadores e também, por uma divisão maior da premiação.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you are best at or where the opponents are the weakest. For me personally I think cash games are the best because there is less variance and you are always 100BB deep.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
The best way is to play freerolls from our community.
Firstly, you will get valuable experience.
Secondly, you will have the opportunity to win money.
Good luck.
))))))))
The best post)))) :D:top:

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are good at MTT,s when play this kind of tournaments. That,s pointless to play sit & go , if you are not good enough in them.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if you play a lot and you get good results.
Actually any modality or game is profitable if you follow a good management of your banking and if you are constant. also if you also know how to moderate your emotions.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sit-n-Go's are great for bankroll building. The trick is..... play the biggest stake u can, then win. Rinse, repeat. Works every time. Like going all-in. Every time ;)

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally I've found that running one SNG and one MTT at the same time has been the most beneficial. If the SNG finishes I can start another one while the MTT is still running so I'm always potentially in the money and keeping myself focused.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
best way is your strongest combo of games..

I ask this because I can not build with sit and go, but the MTTs give me good results.

You answered your own question at the end, " the MTTs give me good results". If it's all about the bankroll, stick with the games you are best at; tourney vs. cash game, vs SNG. To keep things interesting for you, maybe mix in appropriate micro level games that you have some sucess at, or you enjoy the action of certain varieties.

The Cardschat freerolls, 25+ posts, and freeroll club, are good for experience, and pay much better than most freerolls. You have to place at least 30, but the other players are very good, no fish. It is more enjoyable to place a cardschat freebie, you not it's against quality players, not total donks like the huge freebies, Cardschat freebies usually only have 150 or so entries.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a lot of time to play poker then that's right. But if not, it's better to play multi-table tournaments, they have the opportunity to win a large sum of money in one game. Personally, I play both those and these tournaments, but I like the multi-table more.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, there are normal sit & go tournaments in which you can try to win and raise a bankroll, but I agree with Newzooozooo that you can raise a bankroll in private freerolls from the community, very well raise a bankroll in cash games, but you need to be able to play well!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 6 months, so I play only in freerolls from our community. I also believe that this is the best way to build a bankroll. In addition, each freeroll allows me to get valuable experience for free.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you can get a good amount of money by making a good volume on SNGs, I'm getting it!

After already having a considerable profit $, you can toggle SNGs with MTTs and always following your Bankroll Management.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management