Is it just luck?

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had a hand like an opponent, I don't think you would have made fold.

I didn’t fold even with a weak hand! Something told me that the river was on my side!:)

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends!
Thanks to everyone who answered my question! I was interested to know your opinion! Good luck everyone!

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea its just luck, although many times when u slowplay straight or flush on pokerstars u can get beaten when the river comes! Thats why i like to bet and only slowplay full house or poker.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was lucky. In tournaments you will need to get lucky at times, to make it far or even to win tournaments. In tournaments I play way different then cash tables. I play hands I would normally not play at cash tables. I would say you need more luck then skill to win tournaments.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
You were lucky to catch a flush straight and luck that your opponent also had a big flush and he remained in the game after your game in the bank:)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi EVA777! I'm think it's Very Luck, of course! And else, I'm think,
a women intuition also!.. I'm had the similar occasions, when I'm crossed
with the girls for the poker tables... See You for tables!;):):cool:

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi EVA777! I'm think it's Very Luck, of course! And else, I'm think,
a women intuition also!.. I'm had the similar occasions, when I'm crossed
with the girls for the poker tables... See You for tables!;):):cool:

Hello! Of course, female intuition is naturally strong! We’ll meet at the gaming table!:tee::)

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I think its dumb luck, also was a dumb move when you call with 79. Your opponent raised 5x and you paid with a crappy hand.
On long term this will ruin you

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop call was a bad play by the big blind.

I would have made a continuation bet on the flop. Possibly would gotten the BB to fold there, but no guarantee since they called preflop.

The next two running cards are just bad luck. The turn bet of 105 gave your opponent 3-1 odds and which when you add in the implied odds gives the BB reason to call. BB made the correct play there.

Once the final card hit and their was a straight flush out there, the preflop raiser should have folded. You are not likely to beat the hands that would be going all in at that spot.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely luck, but that's poker. Poker is mostly skills, but there's luck involved which is why it's gambling

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its dumb luck, also was a dumb move when you call with 79. Your opponent raised 5x and you paid with a crappy hand.
On long term this will ruin you

:D To be honest, this move is a failed bluff!:eek::D

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He made mistake because he didn’t raise on the flop, and let you see the river, then call your all in. You could easily have Ac there. Luckily for you ended with your straight flush. Really good hand.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a free tournament, and the opponent played poorly, except for a straight flush and the older flushes beat him

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's a freeroll , so I wouldn't mind so much such crazy hands and decisions . But if it was a normal buy in tournament , these decisions are going to destroy your bankroll . Anyway , very lucky . If I was in the villain's position , I would bet the flop , all in on the turn , but that's what I would do ;)

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a freeroll , so I wouldn't mind so much such crazy hands and decisions . But if it was a normal buy in tournament , these decisions are going to destroy your bankroll . Anyway , very lucky . If I was in the villain's position , I would bet the flop , all in on the turn , but that's what I would do ;)

:icon_flow Of course, with such a bad hand, I'm only brave in the freeroll!:icon_flow

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a rare hand. You managed to take a lot of chips. Congratulations, the main thing is that the situation is used with maximum symbolic benefit.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, luck, and
idiotic call in the big blind with 79o