Is it better to feel healthy or stoned playing poker tournaments?

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doing anything while drinking or smoking weed is never going to improve your ability to do anything especially poker.

jappchop

jappchop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
healthy poker playing will last longer then stoned lol:fight:

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well in 'HIGH' school, I noticed I had "higher" test marks while stoned than straight.
I have noticed that I do play better after coming back from a medicinal break.
I'm not advocating anything for anyone, but you may want to try yoga to learn to breath while at the table. It will also help clear your mind and focus on what lies ahead. In a tournament that can be a long road.
Patients and time aggression from the right position are the key. If your head is too noisy with other things than the tournament your in. You will loose focus, you will run the risk of becoming frustrated and tilt.
If you don't have time for weed then maybe try a bong...

I also scored higher grades stoned, in college. I simply went to class more and studied better. I also use it for medicinal purposes. I have a very bad back and right arm damage. Both permanent and not reversible, though PT helps with the arm. I have avoided opiods for 20 years by smoking for pain relief and appetite. When I am in pain I can think of nothing else. Also because of my lengthy use over time few people can even tell when I am stoned...which is slowing down as I have to do edibles now and they are expensive.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coffee and cigarettes are best poker companions.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't fool yourself.

When I was much younger, I was introduced to marijuana (this was 51 years ago). I was attending university and actually thought I was smarter when stoned. Don't be fooled, you are not smarter, you just think differently. I believe you mostly make worse decisions when stoned. Later in life I worked in construction and encountered heavy equipment operators who thought they worked better stoned. I didn't allow these idiots to work on my job sites. If poker is just a game to you, enjoy. If poker is your work, get smart.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is something only a buddha head would understand so no sense in arguing :) unless you're proselyting. It's a bitch if you're a traveling tourney player & flying to other countries so you need to be able to play solid poker regardless.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Say no to drugs in the first place. Besides not helping you in anything they can kill you or leave you retarded.Até would give you some recommendations of exercises and food more after you ask such a stupid question does not encourage

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Say no to drugs in the first place. Besides not helping you in anything they can kill you or leave you retarded.Até would give you some recommendations of exercises and food more after you ask such a stupid question does not encourage
People talk of stupid questions but I 've only encountered stupid comments
FYI exercising & smoking weed are not mutually exclusive:cool: