Is it a problem to play more than one tournament a day?

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play several tournaments at the same time and that's the best for me. However, too many tables are not conducive to winning.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have enough free time and you are not postponing anything important i dont see any problem with playing many tournaments in a day. just make sure to take a break to avoid losing focus in the game and stop playing when you feel tired or when you are on tilt.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have plenty of time to play more than one tournament. I do try to get in as many games as possible. As you can see, I wake early and play all day. This is my way to pass the time and I do so enjoying it all the time.

Beatlebug

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have plenty of time to play more than one tournament. I do try to get in as many games as possible. As you can see, I wake early and play all day. This is my way to pass the time and I do so enjoying it all the time.

Beatlebug

I wake up early too and what else to do than play poker. If it's a problem to play more than one tournament a day, then I have one. I don't work much (I am semi retired) so I usually play 4 to 5 tourneys a day.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to play as many as 5 table's at the same time and this was quite easy when you had hourly free-rolls and small stake buy-ins going at the same time, the problem was that it started to become boring, playing so many games, and I couldn't concentrate on any one particular game.
Poker for me has to be fun! if I am not having fun, I don't want to play, and getting the balance right is so important, even now I don't like playing more than one game at a time and can play as much as 8 or 9 hours a day when I am in the mood, but some day's I can register for a free-roll and 5 minutes into the game think "I am not in the mood for this" and finish pushing all in or calling an all in with any 2 cards just to get it over with and find something better to do.

When the fun Stops, STOP! (I do!)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you quickly fly out, you can play 10 per day. If you sit for 4-5 hours, you will only have enough strength for one. Then you'll want to rest. You can go in to quickly fly out of the second, and the point?

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play several tournaments daily
I know I do not have to do this
But I can not bring myself to order
Do you have the same problem as me? :mad:

I wonder why you consider this a problem? I think if you can identify why it is a problem, you will answer your own question.

I play a regular "schedule" of tournaments, I have different Mtt's picked on different sites and even different time schedules, in case I start early or late. I will play as many Mtt's as I am comfortable with, this usually means that at the beginning of my session I will fire a bunch, as the tournaments begin to wind down to near the bubble, I don't like to have more than 4, just so I never feel like I am rushed. Maybe you are not comfortable with multi-tabling, if you are a newer poker player this will change until you will think playing 1 tourney is so slow. Remember always have FUN

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I play almost 15 tournaments in a day , when I have free day. Because , poker is like bingo. Some tournaments you are lucky and some lose at 1st hand!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play as many as 5 table's at the same time and this was quite easy when you had hourly free-rolls and small stake buy-ins going at the same time, the problem was that it started to become boring, playing so many games, and I couldn't concentrate on any one particular game.
Poker for me has to be fun! if I am not having fun, I don't want to play, and getting the balance right is so important, even now I don't like playing more than one game at a time and can play as much as 8 or 9 hours a day when I am in the mood, but some day's I can register for a free-roll and 5 minutes into the game think "I am not in the mood for this" and finish pushing all in or calling an all in with any 2 cards just to get it over with and find something better to do.

When the fun Stops, STOP! (I do!)

Yes, this happens to many, I have started sessions, feeling good, but quickly I lose my focus. This is a big reason why only a select few can actually make a living at the game. You must be willing to grind through everything. Once I admitted this to myself, I began to enjoy poker more, some days I will punt off my buy-ins because , well because. LOL

p00nEsBakk

p00nEsBakk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
20 weekly, 100 month, 6 months, 600 tourneys coolered is variance?

Ive been confined to my room and on medical leave until end of may. I play quite a few tournaments daily as well. I’d like to think that all this studying and note taking will stop the softwares vendetta against me - November 2020 through upcoming May. It is about to clear 6 months since the pillaging of my butthole began, so, maybe the next one will be the start of mercy pOOn? But they can’t make money if I’m placing at Final Tables. But at least I think that the 6 month turn rivers 1 putters, 2 putters, all in oh wow they have AA and the other 78s, just to make sure 1 of the 2 accounts can take you out. Ahh, so fun to think that the games are fair and just..... Lol.

But, YES to your question.

Attachments

• 5EE4F6F6-A6A3-409D-86EA-89C324C9380D.jpg
    5EE4F6F6-A6A3-409D-86EA-89C324C9380D.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 16
  • EAC8567A-1DEA-4F50-826D-D0C88E3B9200.jpg
    EAC8567A-1DEA-4F50-826D-D0C88E3B9200.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 17
  • C8A7318F-BCFA-420A-88E3-4B4FFD3E7590.jpg
    C8A7318F-BCFA-420A-88E3-4B4FFD3E7590.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 3340BC7F-263C-487F-A24A-C4138B07229C.jpg
    3340BC7F-263C-487F-A24A-C4138B07229C.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 26CA2148-7E9D-4EA8-857B-AEF609A2C2BC.jpg
    26CA2148-7E9D-4EA8-857B-AEF609A2C2BC.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 17
S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not a problem if you can dedicate that much time to them, i find playing more than one tires me out and i make bad decisions when i am tired.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Up to 6 tables I can manage even without a HUD. More than that I find it impossible without any extra help.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ideal is to play as many as you can without being distracted, it is very important to see the tables to see how the other players are playing, it works for me to play 4 or 5 at the same time, when I play more I lose focus and play badly. My recommendation is to play with the ones that you feel comfortable with and can see the tables is a very important part to achieve good results.:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the fact you said you cant bring yourself to order indicates you may be developing a gambling problem.... but it isnt rare for online players to play multiple a day. i used to play 10 freerolls a day on ACR back when freerolls were plentiful

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wouldn't even count the number of games I play each day. Instead, I just keep an eye on the bankroll...which is OK, but a bit flat over the past few weeks.

There are lots of things in life which people can become addicted to. Sex, drugs, alcohol, and of course, gambling.

Most of the better poker players can identify the difference between gambling and playing a skill game, but many cannot and for some, the line is fine indeed.

But I guess, if the thing you are doing frequently is interfering with the otherwise smooth running of your life, job, relationships and responsibilities, then yes, that is a problem.

But the problem is the impact on your life...not the poker, per se.

I increased my poker volume when my kids got into their teens and dear old Dad became surplus to requirement most of the time. But it does sometimes interfere.

In the end, make choices based upon sound reasoning. Accept your responsibilities and meet them. If so, poker is just another activity to engage our brains and provide some stimulation whilst we take another step closer to the grave. Embrace it...or don't. It doesn't matter in the end. So if it doesn't matter now either...well, shuffle up and deal.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

rexelite

rexelite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm flipping small pair hands in the middle of the table, losing 80% and normal?

I'm flipping small pair hands in the middle of the table, losing 80% and normal?

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I like to play several. One only makes me sleepy. :D

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a lot of hyper and turbos tournament you can easily play 4 a day with out playinng them at teh same time.. so no problem, is a problem for example if you open more tables thant you can manage

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play several tournaments ...But sometimes fatigue makes itself felt

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think there is any problem. Just make sure you're taking care of yourself and not neglecting things like exercise, hidration, etc. !

G

goforthenick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO. of course not. Just be sure you give yourself some time off. Especially if you are getting frustrated.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
sounds like a boring time. if you can swing it then why not play more than one. The whole purpose of internet poker is so you can run multi MTT. Unless you suck, then i suggest you play in all of them!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha

722 posts and zero likes. So far, your opinion & wit are not being celebrated.
Why do you suppose that is?

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how much time you are willing to invest and how much you can stay focused on the game because after a while it becomes hard. So it is my practice if I am in the mood to play I play more tournaments if I am not then less.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I've played over 1200 tourneys in the past year. Is that excessive?
Perhaps...but only if it negatively impacts on my life and family.

I guess its a problem if you or someone in your family thinks its a problem.

If you have a problem with discipline, however, poker may be a risky game for you.
Not being able to stop and take a break might also imply that you might have trouble letting a hand go...and hence, under-fold. Does that describe you?

We are all "a work in progress". We are not our best selves and our skills will continue to grow. Are you working on stuff though? Maybe that means eating healthier, or getting more exercise, or keeping to a plan/strategy.

At the end, if you can find something that needs work and work on it, you may find yourself better off for it.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY