Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Raise and raise BIG. I'd make it AT LEAST 300.

NEVER limp here unless you KNOW 100% that the BB will raise and then you can limp/shove over top.
This ^ (depending upon the buyin... maybe 350 < if its sup.micro)
Well with those stats and a limp/call, I'd say more small pairs than anything.
this ^
Thats a range worth going after - lead out flop and maybe even the turn. Just don't try to make it into a big pot. Be assertive but you're still treading lightly
Not sure how he's going to not make it a 'big pot' if he leads out again on turn?
As played I don't think SB can fold. Don't really like leading again on the turn tbh.
this ^ ( & c/f trn)

L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may have missed something here but was this a low buy-in or free roll type tourney? And at what stage of the tourney are you? Does it matter if you don't make the money for your payroll?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, what would you say about this scenario here?

Your sitting with around 15bbs with QQ on button and ML position open shoves all in for just under 3bbs, the BB has about 20bbs and sb looking around 8-9bbs. Would you flat call in position to try and get one of the blinds to go for a squeeze play or tag along or do you re-shove given your stack size?

You shove.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow I should base the size of my raise on the buy in of the tournament? Gee I guess I have been way off!
Not sure if you're being facetious here?
In micros you'll often run into players who > once they've put anything into the middle they want to 'callzzz to seezz the flopzz' very often calling w hands w/o imp odds, (ie. set-mining w sm pp's) so I'll typically raise a bit more (over limpers) than I might in a marginally higher buyin vs. regs.

G

gsxr5221

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may have missed something here but was this a low buy-in or free roll type tourney? And at what stage of the tourney are you? Does it matter if you don't make the money for your payroll?

I'm not sure if it was stated earlier or not..I believe both hand examples came from a $16.50 buy in freezeout.

G

gsxr5221

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if you're being facetious here?
In micros you'll often run into players who > once they've put anything into the middle they want to 'callzzz to seezz the flopzz' very often calling w hands w/o imp odds, (ie. set-mining w sm pp's) so I'll typically raise a bit more (over limpers) than I might in a marginally higher buyin vs. regs.

I agree, ppl at the higher buy in tourneys tend to expect raises more so than lower/micro mtts

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands