Insult of the player to his left

T

tomasdig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people just thrive on getting other players out of their element. If it's a live game, try wearing headphones. Online, just mute the bastard and you're set.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This kind of behaviour is really unnecessary..if they are only teasing, i ignore them or switch off the chat. If they start being really insulting and becoming personal, i would make a screenshot and turn to pokerstars and cc admins to see what can be done against such unnecessary players...

cheers

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to perceive this insults as a compliment to your playing style.
I agree muting is the best option

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The checks for your insults have no funds in the bank of my spirit." (Manolito).
Insults speak of whoever says them. Don't worry, mute it or ignore it. And live in peace.:cool::cool:

cloroquiner

cloroquiner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This episode happened to me recently. The player to my left started teasing me and insulting me, my heart rate changed and I realized that I made mistaken decisions.

Being the player on your left, who will greatly influence your game, how would you deal with it? :rolleyes:

You must learn to ignore those type of players, that's their game, you got to do yours .

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respond to insults in poker chats with irony,sarcasm, and humor.Meeting different people at tables,I saw a lot of different inadequacies.Don't take it personally.Most importantly,they can do this on purpose to confuse you,even with a simple conversation during the distribution,do not give in to provocation.Good luck at the tables.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It usually happens, the most advisable thing is to turn off the chat and that's it, maybe as they said above you will have won a pot and began to insult.

ranynight

ranynight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am mutting all the table when i play online) its more comfortable for me

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm online, everyone is muted. If it's a live cash game, I'm putting in for a seat change. If it's a live tournament, I'm stuck and in this case . . . I won't comment at all, I will only give blank stares at the individual and shrug it off. Headphones can also help if they're allowed.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would use the information about him being emotionally unstable in the best possible way,about the insults, I don't know, thanks maybe. :top:

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I respond to insults in poker chats with irony,sarcasm, and humor.Meeting different people at tables,I saw a lot of different inadequacies.Don't take it personally.Most importantly,they can do this on purpose to confuse you,even with a simple conversation during the distribution,do not give in to provocation.Good luck at the tables.
It's nice to play with people who joke at the tables, but mostly there are those who, due to their inability to play, throw mud at everyone around.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online, I often mute any negative chat...besides, I type too slowly to respond in a timely manner. If there is a rude or overly obnoxious player at a live table, I smile and stare then down...a bully hates when you don't cower to them...they are usually scared themselves.

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put up the tournament stats instead of the goofy chat.

It tells you the average stack, and your place in the tournament, places til ITM, etc.

Much more informative and interesting.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to ignore these players so that they can not affect your psychological state at the table.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Close your chat window and completely ignore them. Their comments are not worth reading because then they distract and disturb you and that’s what their intentions are, so don’t let them get their way.

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simple for me

I will always mute the conversations if it starts affecting me at all. I hate to but I will

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one thing that i dont look at all is at the chat. i eve turn it off. i ay only use it when i see soe one that always play with. so maybr you should do that.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you can insult me! I will continue with the same posture at the table!

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Close your chat window and completely ignore them. Their comments are not worth reading because then they distract and disturb you and that’s what their intentions are, so don’t let them get their way.

You're right!
Regardless of the reason why you were insulted, it is best not to pay attention to the insult — because stupidity is rarely worthy of indignation, and anger is best punished by neglect.

Life is a game , play beautiful

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to play, without taking anything personal, each play is different.