Insult of the player to his left

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore ignorance. People say all kinds of stupid and insulting things online and the best way to beat this is to get them off the table and the best way to do that is to let them make mistakes while they are trying to figure out something else stupid to say then bust them.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker players use various techniques to destabilize their opponents, not that it is right to tilt and worse, if it is live try to play valued hands that give you more confidence try to get the player thinking more try to distrail to apply a play train your mind and play with confidence

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always have headphones with me when playing live so that I can always opt out of listening to obnoxious people—or at least give the appearance of doing so. A lot of times I continue to listen with very low music because these people tend to give a lot away about how good they are in the midst of trying to make fun of others, particularly when discussing a hand that has taken place. Perhaps the most profitable example is a player berating another for a pot odds call that was clearly correct, which indicates that the one doing the berating has a fundamental lack of basic poker math—which is easy to exploit. Of course the key is to not let on that we’re learning a lot about our opponents the more they continue running their mouth! :)

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone’s chatter or trash talk online actually puts you off your game, online poker isn’t for you.

I’ve posted in other threads that chatter (my opinion) is minimal to absolute zero. I rarely see anyone talking, even to trash.

Common sense says shut off the talk. Even a post it note over the box suffices. Or just sit back and absorb the abuse by doing nothing but “what do I do about this?”

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It often happens that there are players who insult when they see that they lose, just try not to be embarrassed. I spend these days playing the league a guy insulted me for being Venezuelan and I could not stay quiet and everything was to desconcentrarme and I end up winning because in the trouble pull all in and I accept it and I eliminate

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not so easy to freak out. It is not necessary to pay attention and it is better to close it immediately.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know if you're talking about live play, but for me, if I'm in a cash game live for example, that's a reason to take my money and leave. As an online game and block the chat from everyone by software, no I have distractions, so I can play focused on the table and the play, and even spend time listening to a personal development audiobook or a song.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ignore him wait for a hand and bust him..he will remain with the trash talk, u with the chips :)))

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, such inadequate players who offend others need to be punished severely. I find that this is unacceptable when the opponents at the table insult each other.

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes trash talker are really nothing more just trash talker, once I met that guy and he always thought that everybody is bluffing, so you just needed a good cards all-in and he was gone. Ignorance is good, but seems like you need to pay attention which kind of trash talker he is, cause that guy was able to go all-in with rubbish.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn off chat if its online. Call the floor if its live.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I handle it quite simply, I do not pay attention and, if possible, turn off the chat. The main calmness)))

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm playing a live game and a player insults me i just call the floorman to handle with him . Nobody should insult other players at the table . Another option , you can put your headphones and listen some music , eventually he will stop .
If this is happening online i think the best thing to do is just ignore the chat , or disable the chat .

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Live is hard unless they are going over the line. I usually hand ear buds in when I play with no music playing so people leave me alone but I hear everything. Online, I just turn off the chat.

To be honest I like when people do chat that way. A lot of time you can get good info on the players and what type of player they are and use it to your advantage.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This episode happened to me recently. The player to my left started teasing me and insulting me, my heart rate changed and I realized that I made mistaken decisions.

Being the player on your left, who will greatly influence your game, how would you deal with it? :rolleyes:
This type of experience and people are unpleasant, because your goal is to have fun playing poker and have a bad time with this type of player. If you support it, it is because you want to, because you have the possibility to change tables, platforms, stakes, etc. Think that you create your world around and what is around you can change it with your decisions according to the way you perceive it. Be happy, like the one on the right!:star::laugh:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never answer when a player insults me. I prefer to ignore it and stay focused on the game to avoid making wrong decisions. take the time to think about your opponents' moves and the best way to play before each decision is made.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont give a f for that :D or react even harder

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can try to ignore the comments or directly close the chat.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it really annoys you, you can close the chat, or block it and you will only see it ***

J

jackos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it bothers you you can ignore it or close the chat

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On-line Jerks are getting less frequent than years ago, I remember getting into an argument with one and eventually they calmed down simply because I ignored him and directed any other chat to other players at the table and if he rose to insulting me again I just ignored him all the more.
It is amazing how brave they are when sat in their own living rooms and just beating the hell out of their keyboards because they can not get to you or you to them.
It would be a different story if they met you in public.
It is always best to bide your time and wait for the right opportunity to take their chips off them.

4kingACE35

4kingACE35

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok first of all. Great question. Mainly because I see this all the time against other players and also myself. For me I see this so much in cash games. In tourneys I can simply ignore and if its someone taking the pee and gaining post through basically being an arse. I generally leave alone. I'll happily fold big hands (although it's so hard not to want to take them out) these guys usually dint last long in a tourney. Mainly because they get a full table smashing on dumb crap and one will usually win. Iknow it's hard. But step back . Breath. Fold that AK suited you had with one heart and a crap flop. Dont push. My advice leave them...3 4 hands and they are toast. Or better yet they move. The if you decent you can can a good amount of chips . He will get found out. I like to be the finder but early on forget a humpty. Play it leave it. And watch. You can take a twat later. Play the guys that play when he folds. Or she sorry pc and all.

G

Gigio22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore it. I find people like that eventually lose because they are spending too much time writing instead of concentrating on the game.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, you need to pay attention only to the game without paying attention to the bad mood of others for whom this is an opportunity to waste time in vain.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, I think the basic rule is to focus on your game, not on how to make it difficult for others to play. Whenever I focus too much on others, my tactics and my game suffer.