I'm trying an experiment w/All in on Freerolls

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good strategy in my opinion it all depends on what your opponents will call with and usually in freerolls it’s junk, so going all in with your strong range will pay off on the long term. Good luck!

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I watched someone do that. They got up to a big lead then they got called by someone with an equal stack or one that could do damage to them and then they lost. This topic would be related to all the other threads of "I get a big lead but I somehow managed to lose it" threads.

But freerolls are the ideal place to "experiment".

GL

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Being a free-roller once again, after a two year break from the tables, I see many people implementing that strategy. I guess the concept is to get lucky and amass a big stack early on, in order to play loosely and dominate the table you are in. If it works, great. If not, no loss.
In my opinion, it's just a slacker's approach to the game. No thinking, no sizing, no wondering what the opponent might hold.
Definitely no way to improve your game.
Keep in mind that many players think " it's free, so what if I lose" and might call you with anything and suck out as well.
Good luck with your experiment, but if you are serious on freerolling, please, reconsider.
As a reference this is my early thread on the subject from some ten years ago.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think it is a bad strategy in freerolls most of them are far to long for the money you can make so you might as either get a decent amount of chips early on or quit wasting time

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't feel like it's a good strategy, well maybe if average stack in the tourney is something like 15-20BB then it might be good. but still even if average is 20bb, let's say you have KQ, and you go all-in pre, then you expect table to fold and you win 2bb which is good, next hand you have AA - what do you expect? you want table to fold and win 2bb or you want to double up ur stack? Also by trying this strategy you're eliminating all fun elements of the game. It's "showdown or nothing", whichmeans that there is no room for exploits, bluffs, calculations. It might be a freeroll, but what is your image at the table with such play? it's like you're trying to say "I'm using head just for chewing, and im sitting here to press the red button when I have good 2 cards.

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Riddle me this. In great genius there is always a touch of madness to be found. All-in stategy is not really a thing at 100BB but we can be loose. And I mean LOOSE. Like RFi 2 4 suited under the gun. Defend BB with 2 3 off suit. Especially in a freeroll but even if I paid to play.

Why?

In a tournament. Unless it’s a bounty. Top 15%ish get paid. That means you should aim to get 6-7 Xyour starting stack just to maybe get in the money. That means we need to get some luck. Now that being said don’t punt away your whole stack. Take some loose shots at the right time early on. Call a 3-bet with 5-7 and when you get two pair on an ace high board opponent has AK and gives you his whole stack.

Once down to 40-60 big blind’s strategy changes and so on and on and on.

The point is maybe there is a happy medium. All in is kinda nuts. Trust me I’ve dabbled Lol. But I find it more fun and all around better to just be loose as favk and still try to play a little bit of post flop

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love these strategy conversations.
This type of action works 10x better when you DELAY THIS action until the timing is correct. Any move prior to that means you have potentially left alot of profit behind bc you acted too early.

nehing left a sub leait 1 step further and wait for "t

Freeroll Passwords