I'm losing too many chips in the blinds.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
make a better reading of your opponents and take a little more risk, I think that can help a little, and also change a bit of strategy

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed that I have been losing too many chips when in the SB and BB.
I'm winning chips in all other positions.
What reasons could be costing me in the blinds?

When playing from the blinds you are playing out of position. This makes a huge difference over time and a lot of hands played from bad position.

Start folding more of your blinds and be much more aggressive with your big pairs from the blinds.

Call from the blinds only with the intent to try to steal the pot. Trying to get lucky with your hand on the flop is not a good plan. But, forcing your opponent to make the same decision if you are betting.....is a better plan.

Of course it also depends on how many players to the flop, etc.

Good luck !

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

that only happens when the blinds are big....other than that....there is the option to fold small or big blind..

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if somebody raises your blind then 3 bet him, play strong and show them they can't just take your blinds, most of all you need to be a presence at your table not just sit there like a wallflower.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you just have to defend and show the table you will not be giving your blinds away. Aggressive play is necessary to win. If the same players are raising your B.B. often your gonna have to 3bet back and back them off. A good table read is key. You can’t just fold every time. A decent size bet will take down the pot, or make the table think twice about betting into your big.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it could be alot of things, but having people give me their first thoughts is helpful, It gives me an idea where to start looking.

I see I have a problem defending to a 3 or 4-bet.
How many BBs should I feel comfortable with when defending and what range should I be looking at to defend with?
You are supposed to lose from those positions, although you are losing too much from them.

SB should be around -5bb/100, bb should be around -20bb/100.

You are too tight from most positions and dont 3b loose enough. Defending them more and 3b a lot more from sb will help a lot.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
try to see where you fail and correct it, change your game a little bit and see what works for you and apologize if you keep looking

E

evenstacknow13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your probably defending too wide or you dont three bet enough from sb or bb. or raising in sb when u should limp could be a issue!

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no matter how good you are, even a professional is a loser in the blinds that's statistics

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a little bit aggressive or you will lose chips in blind

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the losses could also be from running deep in tournaments and losing large amounts of chips at the final table when in the final 2,3, or 4. Would need to see more info at what stage of the game the losses are occuring. However, I think someone mentioned the gap between your VPIP and PFR is too wide and I would tend to agree with that.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blind steals/loses

You probably end up stealing more blinds than you actually lose - protect with good holdings - and you can’t go wrong really

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am in the small or big blind and I have total trash for a hand than I will fold without a blink. If I see this pattern from the guy on the button happen over and over again than I will take a stand from time to time and call him on it. If I hit my hand I will check with the intention of re - raising his follow up bet.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Defend your blinds more often with 3-bet.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly, the really old school Texas players only defended their blinds on rare occasions when they they thought someone was out of line. When they did, they did it very aggressively.

I think if you smell a steal you should be shoving, you're out of position, do better in the long run shoving.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing badly from the blinds position and if you do not feel good, do not just play them. It's easy :)

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not fold on blinds try to defend ur hand
and I promise u ;u will get ur answer
it's work for me
and be sure that's work for u

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG. This has been my largest nemesis as well in tournament play. So much so I have stopped defending unless my cards have flush and straight connectiveness if not a premium hand. If i dont flop big I rarely continue.
The toughest hand to play from here is Ax where x is a weak kicker when you hit the Ace. A flop re raise may give you the info you need to see if your the better hand before it gets pricey.
Youre not alone. I see plenty bluff off their whole stack from the blinds.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel the same way, very frustrating. Very hard on line to study players because of table changes, etc. I always watch to c when the do get called POKER equals VARIENCES

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are either defending ur sb and bb way too wide or way too tight if ur losing alot in blinds, im fan of 3bet or folding in sb dont really like playing oop from the sb where if u flat an open ur range is always pairs or broadways, bb defending range should be pretty wide if there are ante's and open is standard 2x

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are worth less than your hands to defend in these positions or to defend your opponents in a more aggressive and depressed form. Learn to keep a distance and you will succeed. Good luck at the tables.

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it could be alot of things, but having people give me their first thoughts is helpful, It gives me an idea where to start looking.

I see I have a problem defending to a 3 or 4-bet.
How many BBs should I feel comfortable with when defending and what range should I be looking at to defend with?

what program is that? it looks very detailed

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have anything to add, just wanted to say I'm anxiously awaiting responses to this thread. I'd like to hear what other's have to say, so maybe I can learn something. I'll check back!

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to this thread. I've read a lot of these posts, and even learned a thing or two. I.e. I normally just call SB into the BB. I'm going to try to stop doing that.

Poker Chips - History of Chips