Im bad in tornament

W

watermark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, practice makes perfect, little by little you will learn theories, plays in position, how to defend yourself against aggressive players and how to detect bluffs, bad beats pass, everyone including me, sometimes we think that we are not good, but if we analyze well, it could be that luck didn't touch you, get up and keep going, if you remember the bad streak you'll keep losing, play for fun, with motivation, with your heart.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
No. It is easier. The deeper the stacks the more complicated the game solutions become.

When you are down to 10-15BB it becomes a pure preflop game (often push or fold).
I fully agree, only in the initial phase the tournament resembles poker, in the later phases it is a pure lottery, the only thing you decide is what hand you go all-i with

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing Tournaments is always good Practice, and If you Play in the Cardschat freerolls it cost's you nothing to get the experience, even if you don't make the money bubble.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and to become a profitable Poker player it takes time and a lot of Practice. Keeping records of your finishing position in a Tournament helps to reinforce how well you are playing and aiming to beat your previous positions will show you if you are improving or not.
It is often said that Poker is a Marathon, and not a Sprint Race, Likewise so is learning the game, Time, Patience and a lot of Skill goes a long way, a little luck helps as well, but you cannot always rely on Luck!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Controlling emotions, trusting yourself and acting in accordance with your logic are the main qualities of a successful player. When it is there, and there are no big holes in money management, everything should work out for you.In a tournament, emotions force you to target a young player who thinks he is playing well and deliberately dive under his raises, especially from the blind. But common sense says that such a player is more likely to know how to play than not.

S

SAGAgemios

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Thank you all for the beautiful explanations about tournaments. I think now I will enter the tournament tables with more confidence. Thanks again, friends

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I don't think it's more difficult than a cash table... each of those variants has its level of difficulty... but I think it's more tiring to sit for hours in front of the screen.

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Im not gaming in tornament because is more hard!
There's nothing wrong with that, it's good that in poker there is a great choice of where and what you can play :) Good luck with your cash, friend :)
Good luck at the tables!

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Just as we adapt to any poker table, we also adapt to the tournament table, the only difference is that in the tournament you try to reach the end, you don't go out when you feel like it 😃

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is too easy to say I am bad I something, you must study in books videos coaching and other and then you like the tournament because you will now what to do in this game)

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Don't give up, practice makes perfect, when I started playing poker I didn't understand anything, I only tried it because I saw my brother playing and I was curious, after just thinking about playing a free tournament it made me panic, until I tried and with Over time I acquired knowledge and experience, it's about keeping trying. If you really like playing poker, keep trying.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not hard to play. It's hard to throw away trash hands. If the black streak becomes endless, at first you get bored, then you lower the requirements for starting hands, and in the end you turn into a maniac with a natural result.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournaments are a difficult path, but interesting, in my opinion, you need to study the theory, watch the stream and if you want to achieve results, work on your game and psychology

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man, In fact to improve you need to study more than you play it.. reviewing your hand history with an assistance sw like GTOWizard may show you where your mistakes are and eventually show you that it was just variance playing its game

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The CC freeroll has very good players, it's not easy to reach the prizes, especially after the format change a couple of months ago

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament poker requires longer concentration, because in the cash game you can sit out of the game at any time, the tournament lasts as long as you fall out the tournament or the end of the tournament is the first place, which is the real goal.
But still, with its wave and flow and effort, tournament poker is fun.
I can only recommend CC freerolls to all players because, due to the strong field, it is a great practice opportunity to develop your skills and build your bankroll.
Good luck! (y)

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ey I play tournaments just because I dont invest any of my money. If I invest my money, I just play really anxiously.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You will need to have some luck to do well in tournaments and a bigger bankroll as the swings can be bigger and more likely to go on a losing run without cashing

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good place to learn how to play in tourneys. Once you become a platinum member it is good poker here on cardschat playing in the pokerstars tourneys.! If you stick with it, you will get better at tourneys.

Alket21

Alket21

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
AL
Chips
I used to have the same problem when playing live, just one day i said to myself that i need to play more hands. I used to have a very tight aggressive image at the tables and everyone figured that out about me, and after a couple of weeks that i never managed to get to a final table ( that where all the cash was ) i decided i need to play more hands and even play with speculative hands and play then based on my opponents style. Pre-flop i always played aggressive ( if he wanted to see the flop he had to pay ), but on post flop i adjust my play. (Slow play my hand if is strong and never bluff the player that love to call ). What i learn is that most of the players that played live in my area are gamblers not poker players. In time you will learn how to beat them. Your tournament structure is a slow one, i should play tight but you need to be careful to not make my mistakes and play too tight, don't be afraid to play hands that are out of your comfort zone. Hope it helps. Good luck...