I won a ticket to PSPC 2020 what now

R

rickblackdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone
So today I got the news that I’ve won a ticket to the Barcelona PSPC... it’s a total dream come true.

https://twitter.com/oddsbible/status/1209156812416671745?s=21

Full disclosure I’m a profitable online cash game grinder, not a tournament player (although I’ve cashed a few free rolls.)

I’m wondering what my best plan is here to skill up. I’m going to try get to some games but as I’m in Northern ireland it’s not legal so I have to go down to Dublin or somewhere else in the UK.

Should I seek out a coach? Any books or online courses anyone would recommend?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone
So today I got the news that I’ve won a ticket to the Barcelona PSPC... it’s a total dream come true.

Full disclosure I’m a profitable online cash game grinder, not a tournament player (although I’ve cashed a few free rolls.)

I’m wondering what my best plan is here to skill up. I’m going to try get to some games but as I’m in Northern Ireland it’s not legal so I have to go down to Dublin or somewhere else in the UK.

I am getting the f'ing goosebumps right now! :D Like what the hell, I never imagined to see someone getting this PSPC ticket here on CC !! Very glad that you joined in on the forum :)

Pls Tell more about how you got the ticket? :) Buddy, you only got here, this is your first post, and already I feel happy for you! :elefant:

As for how to skill up, please, go through the forum, especially the strategy section, there are also a lot of strategy articles for beginners, novices etc. This is pretty much the best poker forum out there for learning better poker.

From my experience, I became so much better at the game both live and especially online after using this forum! :) For any questions, you can ask me personally, and I will be more then glad to help in any way I can, other then me, there are moderators for Q&A.
Welcome to CC mate, hope we'll be able to help you win as much as you can and have as much fun as possible during PSPC event :)

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Congrats man! U can start to play some live tournaments for practice!

R

rickblackdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx for the warm welcome and well wishes.
I won the ticket through oddsbible online contest. Just filled out a form and got the call I’d been selected. Couldn’t believe it - thought I was being had!

I’m a profitable online microStakes cash grinder and an avid poker fan, but my live experience is limited to our home game, which comprises of total amateurs, so it’s not an ideal training ground.

I’m from n Ireland, live poker isn’t legal here, so I’ll have to travel for some game XP.

pokerstars have said they may free roll me in to some live events so I can get some live table time, possibly Lex live London in April.

I’m going to start playing some MTTs online but live is where I’m lacking so any pointers gladly received!

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to learn fast is to watch the professionals online. Watch taped broadcasts or streams. The walk you through the thinking process in each hand. If money is no object, then I would pay for one of the online coaching sites like Run it Up.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats

I can only say congrats! Better just calm down, get some live poker under your belt to help with any possible live game jitters. Good luck to you though!

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, congrats on winning a ticket.

Some very basic but general tips... Don't forget that its still a poker game and keep playing your A game. Sticking to the fundamentals of solid poker strategy that made you successful as a cash game player can be helpful during the tournament. Be patient! You are playing live and because of that you will be playing less hands per hour. Do your best to stick to your strategy and do not stray from it. Do not act out of turn, wait for players in front of you to fold/call/bet/raise.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Doesn't that tournament play out in August? I don't know how you are going to be able to sleep for the next 8 months.
Congrats on your good fortune and make sure to get ITM.

My only suggestion would be dont over bluff hands that you would not try bluffing if the tourney were smaller. I seem to over bluff my hands, the bigger the tournament.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
WOW Congrats! What now? Go for your dreams! How to play? Remeber still this words when you will be play: "To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are!" - Muhammad Ali
GOOD LUCK!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Wow! Congratulations man.That is our dream,lol.Fortunately, you´ll have many months to practice and improve your level.I hope you can reach, at least, the ITM zone.Good luck in Barcelona!

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NH!!!) my Congratulations !!! gl FINAL TABLE!!!

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow that's amazing man. I would consider selling it if I was confident I would lose against most of the good players there but that could be a once in a life-time experience to play at one of those.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW Congrats!
I hope you manage to cash in the tournament :)

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gratzzz really nice!!!!!! Go there and just do ur best hope ull cash something or even make it to final table!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play a few thousand tournaments online,.... THEN join an online training site,.. then play a few more thousand. Start playing some Live £1/£2 a couple times each month.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
WOW congratulations bro! GO and win this tournaments! If u can play life tournaments ( BI 100-400$) if u can, need practice. The game will be strong ...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations on winning this ticket. the most important thing is to play your A game and play each hand in the best possible way. I hope that luck will be on your side and that you will succeed in achieving a good result.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your time has come. Luck is on your side. I would like to wish you to reach the prizes and reach the final table. Good luck !

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just wow...

Jackie mk. 2? :D

Struggling to comprehend you won a PSPC ticket by filling out a form..!

Why didn't I think to fill out a form!? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! *fasepalm*

Aaaaanyway....

Hearty congratulations on your good fortune!

It really is the chance of a lifetime. My recommendation is your spend every available waking hour between now and then CRAMMING MTT strategy and practicing what you learn live.

Obviously you don't want to burn out but neither do you want to turn up unprepared.

There's plenty of strategy and topics on this site. A couple of good books I'd recommend on MTT are 'Kill Phil' and 'Kill everyone' to get you started.

You have an exceptional challenge in the form of giving yourself the best chance of capitalising on this opportunity.

Get organised. Study and practice as much as you can. Be confident. Go get it done.

I wish you the very best.

I'm in Norwich, UK. Let me know if you head over this way for any games or whatever.

Filled out a form... SMH. :D

K

kalelisback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone

I’m wondering what my best plan is here to skill up. I’m going to try get to some games but as I’m in Northern Ireland it’s not legal so I have to go down to Dublin or somewhere else in the UK.

Read a couple of books (I suggest No Limit Holdem by Dan Harrington Volume 1 , 2, and 3). This will create a solid foundation

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Accept my sincere congratulations! This is just unbelievable! Good luck to you! Now sell shares, so that in any case be with the money.

pyromanrbp

pyromanrbp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats

Check out this site some good stuff here.
Check out every youtube video on Jonathan Little's channel GOODSTUFF
IF you have the ready cash you might want to join pokercoaching after seeing his videos

I know that they are dated but get all three volumes of Harrington on holdem and read them.
there are targeted at tournament poker and form a good basis to learn the subtleties that JL teaches from.

Regards
Pyroman
Bonne Chance