Did I made the right play? (Folded a set) (Early MTT)

W

WhiteFang13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your supposed to get your chips in the pot while your ahead. 70% chance of winning the hand is pretty good. It's rarely going to be better than that. You said yourself you folded because you knew they would outdraw you. That sounds like a move founded on tilt.

Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that there is very little chance anybody with a flush would play like this, generally you will be looking at draws or marginal made hands so this for me is always a call, you might get outdrawn but most of the time you are a big favourite to win.Never fold here to this kind of action, most of the time you are winning a big pot.

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit: it is more than that. It is 25% on the turn if villain has flush and you have a set. On the flop it has to be a much higher percent.

Anyone know how we get 25% on the turn? I only count 7 outs, which is about 14%. (One out for quads, and 3 outs each for the other two cards.)

Thanks!

K

kmichaels

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i think fold is an option, but with a set, and with too many outs to make a full house, if you want to gamble, shove would be a good option. In flop you had, without knowing your opponents hand, 7 outs to make the full house, which will beat any flush. I would gamble, but i understand your fold.

Folding in Poker