Hyper-turbo Tournaments strategy

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it only me or do most strategies (i try to be tight aggressive) have huge problems at the beginning of tournaments (i play on PokerStars) as very often I either run out of chips because of ante or people go all-in with weird hands and thanks to luck manage to win the showdown.

What strategies do you employ in tournaments like that?

expect high cards, be patient and take chances at times, and be aggressive in favorable positions! : D

:evil::icon_thum

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Is it only me or do most strategies (i try to be tight aggressive) have huge problems at the beginning of tournaments (i play on PokerStars) as very often I either run out of chips because of ante or people go all-in with weird hands and thanks to luck manage to win the showdown.

I think here more depends on luck, well, of course you need to think

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
You need to be aggresive and use position. AI only with good hands in early stages. Don't limp,go in with 2.5-3BB bet, and in most cases do a c-bet. Your main goal is to make people at table afraid of you. You want them to go in a board with you, and fold after investing few BB.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
how and in a hyper tournament you have most of the time in position and with AK AQ AJ and AA KK QQ JJ TT these hands you can open everything in and almost sure that you win the hand. good ESSA and a Strategy that I always use and I have already won 3 hyper turbo tournaments from 1.10 2.20 0.55 there are pokerstars.

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

To play hyper-turbo tournaments on a regular bases you need to have a a lot of buyins. About 3 times more than for regular tournaments. It does become an all-in fest very fast, so you need to have a solid short stack strategy. Plus you have to understand that you will have periods then you will not cash for a long time due to high varience. But if your short stack strategy is solid, and you have an adecvate bankroll you should be ok in the long run.
I personaly dont play them very often, to much varience for my taste, I prefer regular turbo tournaments, they are perfect for me, not too ast not too slow.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to take into account many factors and monitor absolutely everything:
* position
* stacks, yours and other opponents
* The range of playing cards to use relative to their stack.
And patience for more)

P

pes85

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good pair and color

I play good strong pair or some cards with color

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he’s tight aggressive in the first few minutes to get to know his opponents. Then I adjust my game to my opponents' play. But the fact is that you need to switch to loose aggression soon.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm there is no right answer for you.
I hate hyper tournaments,because you need a lot of luck to play.
Or there is anothere way,be aggresive and do a lot of bluff with bad hands.
So i don't play this type of games.

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best to play for everything, but before you do it you should finish your drink. I do that and I always have a 50% chance of winning.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the best strategy for hyper turbo tournaments is play agressive! You must play more hands because the blinds increase so fast.

Sorry for my english 🙂

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to play hyper-turbo tournaments. In any case, you have to be aggressive and fast. It is necessary to bluff a lot and strengthen your position at the beginning of the tournament.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in hyper turbo i try to play as many hands in position and try to extract maximum value.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find turbos hard enough. Everyone shoving for stacks constantly in the early going. If you make past the first two hours. We all see the fish swallow the sharks whole. Pocket aces don't
have enough equity against 5 players that will all see the last card. What will they win just over 20 percent of the time. So much luck trying not to get your best hands cracked. Positive is that they hold up. You have a monster stack to fight with.;)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My strategy for turbo and hyper turbo tournaments is to call all pre-flops where there were no very high raises. After the flop I assess whether I continue or not. I only fold preflop if the hand is very bad or if the bet is very high. Depending on the cards that come on the flop, I also bluff sometimes. In fast tournaments it is a race against time to create a solid stack to survive the high blinds long enough to reach a strong hand.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

luiz6422

luiz6422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't like hyper tournaments. Coin flip.