Hyper-turbo Tournaments strategy

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you have to play like in any turbo or regular tournament, with the only difference that it's better to put all in with more blinds with good hands because the levels are changing faster so if you have A-Q and 35 blinds, you know that in 3 minutes max you will have 15-20 blinds if you dont play a hand and it's possible not to have a good hand such as A-Q, so it's good action to put "now" all-in!

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i don't think there's a real strategy short of sacrificing a chicken and hope that curry favors with the poker gods

hahaha marcumx, you´re the perfect poker fantasy writer! Your concuction of words describing things is God level.

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
push push push push all day :)

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like the more aggressive I am and take more risks the better I do overall. But I also bust out earlier more often.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or people go all-in with weird hands and thanks to luck manage to win the showdown.

What strategies do you employ in tournaments like that?

People Do not go to all in with strange hands, these actions only seem strange, in fact it is a necessary step, because even weak hands have a great chance to win in putting up against strong hands. Collin Moshman writes about this in more detail in his book.

In general, I do not recommend playing in the hyper turbo sng, because it is a very dispersive discipline, and besides it requires a good understanding of push / fold, as well as the skill of reading the game of opponents. In addition, increased rake made these tournaments unprofitable, read what professional players write about, why they leave this discipline.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
you need to win at least 2 all ins , is hard , my strategy is to play all ins with over pairs and A high

Elcholu

Elcholu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In hyper turbo tournaments, players usually seek to double their chips quickly so the push or fold is constant.
What I do in these tournaments is to triple the range of hands to play, and then expect good luck.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are just an ICM test, practice on something like icmizer or sngwiz. The variance can be huge on these.

A

anderson1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agressive strategy stts final table in use

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cant play tight aggressive because you will just blind off in the hypers. I used to hate hypers because it felt like complete luck but i actually enjoy them now. I open very wide in position, 3-bet light if i see someone else opening very wide, but i fold to 3-bets/4-bets very often. basically everyone notices you are playing loose so they 3-bet you often so i would fold even a hand like 910s. Lets say you have 14BB in MP and you make it 2.7BB with QJ. BB goes all in for 10BB so theres about 15BB in the pot. even tho its a profitable call i still fold it because you're short stacked the whole tournament and its hard to survive if you go all in every hand thats a profitable call (basically every hand playing this short). instead i fold and steal blinds next hand. with such a small amount of BB you want to get it in with high cards. A7 is an all in for me but QJ usually isnt. when you continue to bet/fold eventually they 3-bet you light too often and you 4-bet with a hand like AJ and most other players arent disciplined to fold K10 in a hyper. I usually build up a stack very slowly by just taking blinds. steal a few times, bet/fold a few times and my stack stays about average until i find an all in where im ahead. This might not be the best strategy or most profitable as ive never studied hyper strategies. Ive played a ton of them and tried a bunch of ways and this has worked extremely well for me.

added text:

I've always been a pretty tight player so coming from that learning the hypers was actually very hard. its scary to open with weaker hands, but when opening a hand just keep in mind you arent losing too much with this and because you know youre folding to a 3-bet and it becomes easier. also folding to 3-bets more often gives you a dominate look on the table because it will look like youre playing every hand but getting it in good every time allowing your steals top go through more often.

Last edited:
walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like for Hyper turbo games. The fuest games need to take allin, for good cards and need lucky and later need to bluffing

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play TAG & do OK in Hyper
One thing for sure - Don't limp with a hand u won't go allin with in the early stages.
Raise allin when folded to
I'd also suggest that early on in Hyper MTTs, ALL hand values increase. I've no problem pushing all in with 22 when the constant raiser raises again :)
Truth is "You've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..."

Mariya

Mariya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!!!

hyper turbo tournaments for aggressive players there is a high probability of a departure from the tournament.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it only me or do most strategies (i try to be tight aggressive) have huge problems at the beginning of tournaments (i play on PokerStars) as very often I either run out of chips because of ante or people go all-in with weird hands and thanks to luck manage to win the showdown.

What strategies do you employ in tournaments like that?

Another may suggest that in turbo and hyper-turbo tournaments luck is much more important than skill, since this format implies a much larger number of preflop calls, which means that the importance of a strong starting hand increases sharply at the right time. However, in order to succeed in turbo tournaments it is necessary to demonstrate the same qualities as tournaments with a slower structure. A competent choice of starting hands, an understanding of the importance of the position, the right choice of the size of the bet and reading the opponent are also important in tournaments with a quick structure, and players who have these skills generally show better results.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
With a deep start-up stack, you can use the same approach as in regular multi-table tournaments. The blinds and antes are too small to steal; Moreover, get bonuses from strict game at first in the later stages, creating a tight image. You can force your opponents to fold after you expand your range by stealing blinds and antes.
Just like in regular MTTs, you have to keep an eye on your rivals all the time, noting their game patterns to understand which one is loose, who is tight, who is experienced, and who makes mistakes. The main difference from standard tournaments is that you do not have much time to collect information, and the selection is much smaller.Developing the idea of ​​stealing the blinds and antes, after the starting levels of the turbo tournament, it makes sense for you to expand your range of hands and techniques, including 3-bets, raise calls (preferably in position), as well as bets and raises in the post-flop game. You should not rush to the other extreme and act too loose, but remember that the blinds and antes that are growing by leaps and bounds force you to fight for banks more often. In the turbo-tournament of the first two levels you can fold the vast majority of hands, but at later stages this is already inadmissible.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that there is no real strategy in hyper, there are times when the card does not come from the word at all and the hyper game is still more dependent on the hand.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For tournaments with such a structure, I choose a loose-aggressive style. My opinion is that you need to put up with dispersion and understand that only by playing aggressively you can achieve a result (positive)

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to minimize the bluffs after the flop.
When the ante is bigger than 1/10th of the BB, winning a hand preflop still brings in alot of chips.

Borataylor

Borataylor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a feeling that in the beginning only luck is needed.There is no strategy there for me, maybe in the end it is worth playing more thoughtfully.I don't like them.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play this kind of tournaments. It's a varinace-hotspot. :D You are very fast in the push fold section and than it's just luck. I would say, fast level means wide range. Thats it.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use aggressive Tight strategy but honestly I don't like hyper tournaments as it has more to do with luck than skill, having to go all in all the time. Turbo tournaments I already think it is playing with the dice, now imagine hypers. But for those who like strong emotions and shoving all the time, hyper tournaments are a good choice.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper turbos are dangerous. It's so easy to get tilted by them because it's common to bust against worse hands. I would study push fold ranges, then use hypers to practice these

P

Powell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's crazy tournament type where you don't get immediately good cards It's game over

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hypers are just crazy. Even if you play "perfectly", sooner or later you're gonna get outdrawn by a bigger stack and bust out. The only thing that you can really do is build up a really big stack early to be able to withstand the hits that you will inevitably take along the way.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning.

Hello friend, I just at the beginning wait for strong pair hands like :as4::ad4: :ah4::kh4: :kc4::ks4: :qc4::qd4: :ac4::qs4: and play in position.I watch the players while I wait for strong hands. In the middle of the tournament I try to double my fixes by risking myself with tall pairs with shorts. I hope I helped good luck try to use ALL Win tool pre flop gl.:icon_thum