How would you play KQo UTG at final table ?

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How would you play this hand.
First hand at final table, you are UTG with a 2.7 BB stack and you get KQo. What would you do ?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would just shove, especially if you've made the $. KQ isn't so bad considering the blinds are about to eat you up. Hell, you might get lucky.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would just shove, especially if you've made the $. KQ isn't so bad considering the blinds are about to eat you up. Hell, you might get lucky.
guess you mean 9 handed, but i think i would push allin as well, unless some others had even smaller stacks .

Silversurfer99

Silversurfer99

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes we need to know the other people`s stacks, but most probably push..

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First hand at final table, you are UTG with a 2.7 BB stack and you get KQo. What would you do ?
I might also shove - especially if there are antes.

You will pay more than half your stack in the next two hands anyways.

But - if anybody reshoves then it is very likely you are behind preflop.

I hate the position because you are just polling the table if anybody has a better hand.

Sometimes it is just your turn to die in a tournament.

You just didn't make it to the final table with enough chips to have any real play.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know, everyone says you should go all-in, and I'm leaning towards that option as well. But if I were sitting behind players with fewer chips or the same number of chips, I would really think about throwing away the cards, because most likely your bet will be called by the big blind and you can lose and lose a lot of ICM value. In this case, you need to take everything into account. And the stacks of other players, and the jumps in money, but I would still go all-in)

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Is is a legit hand to go all in, IMHO, at that point in the tournament...position is not that important at the final table since the blind are eating everybody up...Going all in has a big advantage...it will signal your opponents you have a strong hand...and they'll probably choose not to call un less they have something really good in their hand...but even if you lose, it's like u went all in with 82o.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove and let the chips fall where they may. If you had a bigger stack, say 10 to 15 big blinds, then a min raise to check out the flop, or if you are chip leader, be the bully and push all in.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Limp and see! If you get lucky you will most likely win more chips! But a shove is what most will do!

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Shove, with that stack thats no way to fold that hand XD
God bless

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good news is with 2.7 BBs is you cannot really misplay this as long as you dont fold. It depends on the villans and your table image, but it is probably a great spot to limp and go ie limp preflop and shove the flop. A lot of players will call a 2.7BB shove, but on the flop your fold equity is at its highest. Another move you could do is the non allin, raise slightly over min and hope the villans are unaware that you are basically allin.

millar108

millar108

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
It’s like stick or twist, if you’ve got a half decent half then it’s all in

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
As our friend @Luvepoker says.
If you're in UTG and you fold that hand, the next two are SB and BB.
If you don't have decent hands there you should also fold.
So the 1st option is UTG with KQ all in with 2.7 BB.
Take them like you have AA or KK hahahaha
If everyone folds almost better you stole the antes and the blinds and you can see more hands.
But I don't know why KQ is a strong hand, and many will call you with anything to eliminate you.
You just have to have a little luck and win it and you double.
Greetings:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I mean what are the options... you're in next hand anyway with who knows what, go big or go home😎👍

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact, its the first hand of the final table, does not matter. The important information is UTG with 2,7 BB and KQo. Usually that is an easy jam, but if someone else behind is even shorter, we might consider folding. Especially if the short player is in the blinds.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Don't worry, you did everything right, you just got unlucky :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove of course ....

2.7 BB ? lol . you cant wait for a better hand at that spot anymore . KQ in that situation is actually really nice lel

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
<5bb final table already cashed and I’m utg with the bb and sb going to eat my chips even more, it’s an automatic shove

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the effective stack? what prizes? more like a push if mi is in the prizes and the shortest

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push and pray! Chances are it's better than you'll get in the BB.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
2.7 blinds with KQ? or you have a crystal ball to see you get AA in the bb next hand, or close your eyes and go all in lol