How to win a freeroll?

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

if you only play standard poker with a small range of hands in which you play it will be very difficult for you to win a tournament. The other day I won a tournament for Bulgarians, as I entered the final table 8/8 with 4 bb and with one stack I managed to turn the game around.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

A

Axe1Gold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never win freeroll previously but I think the best way to win when we push hard in early period. If you win it is good but when you dont it doesnt meather it is just a freeroll.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
be patient, and stick to your tactics, despite the fact that the opponents play any two cards

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried different approaches. Sometimes I was very cautious at the beginning and waited for my chance and sometimes I was very aggressive at the beginning. Both approaches work at times but more often than not I don't get in the money.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
be lucky

It's choosing the best hands and having a little luck, also hoping that a crazy person doesn't call your all-in with 72 kkkk

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play hurt good hands all in many pay with crazy trash hands if you are lucky and make a good bank of chips try to play solid until you reach the final table that depends on your luck

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see in cardschat freerolls players to get all in with bad cards, I played 2 months.

I think that's because CC player are genrally trying to play well. Certainly does happen on other freerolls though.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think you have to be very patient to wait for strong hands and enforce them with aggressive players who play bad hands, which in freeroll are many

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be agressive in freerolls of 888 (hyperturbo) and be patience in normal freerolls.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
S

stillkewl1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience only works for so long sooner or later you have to bust o move lol

patience is lost when either is enhanced.. have fun !
good luck:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play thousands of them and figure out what works for you! That’s how to win freerolls! Worked for me!

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should take risk, the experience give you the time when you can take risk or play safe.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play very low stakes, any strategy is pretty much out the window. Just play and have fun, but expect the unusual to happen because it always does.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether it's freeroll or not, patience is paramount for poker. And let’s not forget a good strategy.

GrindFreak

GrindFreak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tight is right when you play more aggressive in solid positions in order to more steal pots and blinds. Good luck

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls have a lot of variance. in addition to that when the number of players is high it becomes more difficult to win.
The way I do it (the most I have achieved is a 4 and 5 place, playing against 3,500 or more people in both) is the following.
You must first bear in mind that losing is the most natural thing to do, therefore you must abandon the fear of being eliminated. With this I tell you at the beginning of the tournament, play your premium hands strong. once you have taken part of playing strong your premium hands stay in line and play only strong hands .. try to catch a bluff and keep your stack safe. try to enter award-winning positions, once there it returns to the initial dynamics
Try to win a big hand to raise your rankings and stay there, playing solidly. studying your opponents. And if the variance accompanies you, it is when you will be at the final table, and there you will have another 2 hours of play left hahaha but you will have achieved it and you will be happy!:D:D

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play tight. Play in position unless you have a big pair. Don't get too aggressive it can come back to haunt you.